We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)

Go down 
+17
Urban_StarFox
Gogoata
Axis1500
NintenDUCK
Jimbob
shanks
JayMoyles
Admin
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) Empty
PostSubject: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyWed 31 Dec 2014 - 16:17

Second Annual GNamer Forum Awards, 2014 Edition!

Welcome to another fun-filled votestravaganza!  This year, I'll be taking over from Stu (Grackler rest his soul) in presenting the awards.  Next year... who knows?

Last year, the votes marked the anniversary of the forum, by starting on the 15th.  This year, the results will start on the 15th, to bring the votes into line with the calendar year.   All awards, bar the tagline one (see below), refer to the calendar year 2014.

Awards are one vote apiece unless otherwise stipulated:

---------------

Forum Awards

Forumite of the Year (Two votes, equally weighted.)
Contributor of the Year (Vote for the guy/gal who, for you, has tirelessly kept the quality topics/posts coming throughout the year.)
Funniest Forumite
Best Alternate Account
New Forumite of the Year (Joiners this year only.  I know what you're thinking, but we've had 15 new members this year including alts. (see the Memberlist sorted by join date), five of which have more than 10 posts.  Vote for a new alt. if you like!  Vote for the new forumite with the best username if you don't.)
Most-Missed Forumite (They don't have to have posted this year!  But they must have a non-zero postcount overall.)

Board of the Year (GNamer Community; Off Topic, etc.)
Topic/Post of the Year (Regular topics, not special ones (see below).)
GNamer Forum Event of the Year (This covers special events like Admintendo episodes, forum-created podcasts (were there any this year?), Secret Santa, real-life meets, and voting threads.  Anything where a collaboration/vote/forum gathering occurred, in any way.)

Avatar of the Year (Ideally avatars new to this year, but I'm not going to be too strict on that.  We haven't had enough changes really.)
Signature of the Year

Tagline of the Year (Three votes, 'cause that's how we roll. See all previous taglines in the original post of the tagline thread, after the cut-off in January.  This year's cut-off will be the actual change of year.  So "Last Christmas I Gave You My Heart Container" is the last eligible tagline, appropriately enough.)

---------------

Gaming Awards

Wii U Game of the Year (Three votes, in order of preference!  First gets 3 points, second 2, third 1, and then I'll tally.  Must have been released in your territory in 2014 on Wii U, unless it's not getting a release there: in that case, it must have been released elsewhere in 2014 on Wii U.  VC games excluded.)
3DS Game of the Year (Three votes, in order of preference.  As above.)
Other Formats Game of the Year (Three votes blah blah blah.)

Inclusions and Exclusions:

Honourable/Dishonourable Mentions (No votes, but any other comments you might have about games or gaming-related services/products this year.  They'll all be published!)

---------------

Your GNew Year's Resolution
One last throwaway topic: your resolution(s) for 2015.  Could be touching, could be heartfelt, could just be completely silly.  Just fire off a short quote.  Doesn't have to be about the forum.

---------------

Awards List!  (Click the links to jump to the award.)

Contributor of the Year
Signature of the Year
New Forumite of the Year
Tagline of the Year
Alternate Account of the Year
Board of the Year
Other Formats Game of the Year
Event of the Year
3DS Game of the Year
Topic/Post of the Year
Wii U Game of the Year
(Dis)Honourable Mentions
Funniest Forumite of the Year
Your GNew Year's Resolutions
Forumite of the Year

Last edited by Balladeer on Sat 24 Jan 2015 - 12:09; edited 29 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyWed 31 Dec 2014 - 17:19

What about other remakes like Pokemon ORAS and what about straight up ports like Thomas Was Alone.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyWed 31 Dec 2014 - 18:10

Remakes yes. I'm inclined to say yes for TwA too, because it's never graced a Nintendo platform before.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyWed 31 Dec 2014 - 20:00

I've not played it on Wii U, I played it for the first time this year on a PS4. Of course it was on PS3 but let's say I was a bit like Drunka and I've only a Nintendo system up till the PS4&ONE (yes drunka has a PS3), this would of been the first time I've had the opportunity to play same with a few others but most do seem to be straight up ports or similar to some of the remakes that there now in 60FPS & 1080p.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyThu 1 Jan 2015 - 3:22

Would have been
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyThu 1 Jan 2015 - 10:42

I don't want to be too dictatorial about this. I would say that, as a basic point, you probably should have played the relevant game on the relevant console; yet if you played it on the PS, but really really think it deserves to place in the Wii U chart, I won't gouge your :cyclops: s out if you vote for it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyThu 1 Jan 2015 - 17:23

We can vote for just a few of the things, aye?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyThu 1 Jan 2015 - 17:38

No I'm saying can I vote for it in the multiformat 3 for instance as I explained with the Drunka scenario who's not had a Xbox 360 but has a ONE and let#s say played Thomas Was Alone on the ONE (Not Wii U) or are we viewing it as kinda virtual console game as it's a straight port of the 360 version (I think the games on 360).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyThu 1 Jan 2015 - 17:44

That sounds VC-ish to me, if it's a straight non-improved port of a last gen. game.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
We can vote for just a few of the things, aye?

As many or as few as you want, squire!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyThu 1 Jan 2015 - 17:54

But now in 1080p 60FPS in the case of Unfinshed Swan and same with Master Chief Collection for instance nothing new gameplay wise unlike Pokemon ORAS which is in a different engine, mega's etc

You no personally I feel it should be a NEW game in all categories, so I wouldn't count Bayo 1 as it's a port of a 7th gen game on to a 8th gen system no different to Bastion coming to PS4 from 360 but as that's allowed just want clarification on what goes or not as there has been some great other ports from 7th gen to 8th gen like TWA which myself enjoyed and reviewed very highly..
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyThu 1 Jan 2015 - 19:22

...I am slowly moving the other way, because this complication is causing a discussion about games I know nothing about, and it's all technicalities anyway because there's no way TwA is going to beat DS2, or Duck Hunt over Bayo 2.

Just use some common sense! If something feels like a VC game, don't vote for it. I'm not going to cry if somebody thinks a game is on a different side of the line to what I think.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 1:25

Yep, totally agree with balladeer no need to over complicate things when it comes to the game portion of the vote, just vote for your favourite game of that year on each respective format.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 7:41

Thirded. If the game was new to the system in 2014 and was marketed as an eShop title, I will vote for it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 8:43

Awesome, I missed this last year. Looking forward to the results of this one! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 8:45

One of the eligible taglines for the vote, of course, being, "S**t Me It's Vidofnir". Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 9:28

Been thinking about it and is there any chance for a downloadable vote of some form? I don't know about everyone else but other is far too broad to give downloadables even a look in at least. Maybe that's just me/just more work for you, but thought I'd throw it out there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 12:03

As I said to Mas in another thread, it's the first year that we've incorporated gaming awards, and I don't want to go mad. We've already got Cappa talking about not voting for everything, and I'm loath to make the task more onerous.

That said, if there's popular support for a downloadables category (what are we talking here? All Nintendo consoles, all consoles?), I'm open to its inclusion. (Here, popular support = three or more people in favour.)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 13:18

I was thinking all consoles because I obviously didn't want to add too much to the awards. Just thought it might be nice to give downloads a nod whilst I reckon in even the Nintendo lists alone they're likely to get drowned out amongst the bigger guns Smile
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 16:18

I know that I'm planning to include at least one downloadable in my votes - that said, if other people agree with you, happy to include it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 16:53

So Thomas Was Alone is vote-able as Admin Zero has said if the game is NEW to that system in 2014 which it is for Wii U, ONE, PS4 then it can be voted for unless it's marked as VC like Duck Hunt or PS1 classics like Suikoden II which it isn't.

Well my current 3 games for other consists of 2 downloadable games anyway, that I don't need a downloadable award as I'd just be voting for the same things and my choice that isn't a download might change knowing that I can vote for likes of TWA.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptyFri 2 Jan 2015 - 19:22

I've put a template for results MPs to copy-paste/quote in the OP, if people want to use it.  Easier than filtering out all the gibberish above, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptySat 3 Jan 2015 - 8:58

My top 3 games of the year has at least one downloadable title in, too; with apologies to andyman, I don't feel we need another category.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptySat 3 Jan 2015 - 17:21

I hope that's all settled, then?

And I mostly hope that because I want to start the voting a bit earlier than previously stated. Would anybody object of the voting period was changed to 5th-11th? Ends on a weekend, for those deadline votes, and gives me a bit more time to set up the results for the 15th.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptySat 3 Jan 2015 - 18:22

I can see Andy's point since thinking about what I'll be voting for over the last day or so I just have a few download picks that deserve to have a chance to shine on their own but won't get a chance due to the limited category selection.

So I'd be for a downloadable category.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) EmptySat 3 Jan 2015 - 21:04

I'm fine with the voting times Balla.

I don't get why we need a downloadable games have to have there own awards though, it feels more like that because there downloads they shouldn't be in the proper awards and should be pushed aside in there on awards as there not £40 and aren't massive million dollar series.

The awards any of the game based ones should go to your fav game be it £40 or a F2P title.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next