We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)

Go down 
+17
Urban_StarFox
Gogoata
Axis1500
NintenDUCK
Jimbob
shanks
JayMoyles
Admin
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
masofdas
Balladeer
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 9:17

The_Jaster wrote:
I think I might still have to hand out some shovel justice though. *grabs shovel*

Check the "I says", Jas!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 9:33

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
I think I might still have to hand out some shovel justice though. *grabs shovel*

Check the "I says", Jas!

I did and while that's a nice addition I still have some justice to dish out. Razz SK is a modern classic for me and it would have been so sweet to see it in amongst smash bros & MK8.

I shall leave you with this adjusted quote: "I don't hate you GNamer. You just broke my heart."

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 13:39

You'll excuse me if I don't do pictures for all these, right?  There are lots of them, and one of them's Senran Kagura Burst.

Honourable Mentions (from eleven people)

Honourable (one mention each)
Spoiler:

Highly Honourable (two mentions each)
Spoiler:

Very Highly Honourable (three mentions)
Spoiler:

The Most Honourable (four mentions, albeit from three people)
Spoiler:

Dishonourable Mentions (from twelve people)

Dishonourable (one mention each)
Spoiler:

Stinking Dishonourable (two mentions each)
Spoiler:

Low-Down Dirty Stinking Dishonourable (two mentions, and filthy cheating!)
Spoiler:

I says
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 17:09

A glowing review of Yoshi's New Island there. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 19:27

It's all forumite awards from here...

The Donkey Kong Being Hit in the Crotch by a Baseball Bat Award for Funniest Forumite of the Year (12 votes)

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 Smash_bros_wii_3ds_1

Bronze Medal (two-way tie)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Silver Medal
Spoiler:

And the winner is...
Spoiler:

I says
Spoiler:

It all ends tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 19:30

Honestly, I think it was the infamous Watchmen post that won our winner my vote - still makes me chuckle thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 19:35

Seems like there's more honour than dishonour there, which I feel is great. Very thankful to the person who honourably mentioned me - that was very kind. Thumbs Up! My unlimited love unto you!

Most importantly, the Funniest Forumite Award has gone to the correct person! Grin Long live the Joke King!

Last edited by ZeroJones on Wed 21 Jan 2015 - 6:14; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Jan 2015 - 23:06

Yassssssssssss! I knew arranging that little "accident" for beemoh would do the trick.
Seriously, though, cheers guys. I love to make people laugh and I'm glad you enjoy it when it's deliberate as well as when I make a drunken fool of myself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 9:29

Could it be?  The one we've all be waiting for?

Your GNew Year's Resolutions (10 contributors)

(G)No, no it couldn't. Winky Face

"1. I should play more games, and finish them as well. Play, finish, play, finish...
2. I should stop lurking too. But that's not gonna happen."

"I'm only going to buy 15 games in 2015 (including downloads). I have such a backlog and my shelves are groaning under the weight of unplayed titles. So, basically: buy less and complete more."

"Inspired by the recent revival of the Retro forum, it's time to power through some of the VC games in the ol' backloggery. In fact - let's see if I can't finish one off every month."

"Maybe complete a game or two, or something similarly deeply ambitous."

"My Game resolution is to get through a lot of my pile of shame, otherwise it's to stop procrastinating as much"

"This is gonna be the year I finally get ripped; I'm getting better at keeping up my gym attendance and I plan to keep that up, lose the weight, keep it off, and tone up these guns."

"To be an active member for a whole year!? Really pushing the boat out."

"To be more accepting to all sorts of posters. The exodus in 2014 has taught me this. If people want to talk about financial news, for example, I can always ignore it if I want to, as opposed to making a snarky comment. (Also to find a girlfrI'M STILL SO LONELY.)"

"To properly read all the responses before the last one, before I even think of replying with a shit pun."

"Try to always find time to post here, heavy workload or not!"

I says
Spoiler:

Check back this afternoon as we polish this whole thing off.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 11:27

I'll lay claim to the one about completing one VC game every month. It might be an uphill struggle but it's one I'm looking forward to making. Good thoughts all round, team! Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 11:35

I'd like to add a resolution to try to proofread what I write more often.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 15:28

Here we are.  Beneath the words you're reading right now is the end of our remarkable awards journey.  Huge thanks to everyone who voted: out of our major forumites, I can only think of one name that hasn't submitted anything at all.  (Two if you count Beemoh.)

GNamer Forum Awards, 2014 Edition, Closing Ceremony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAHAzKcx3nw

Anyway...

The NGamer Award for Forumite of the Year (14 votes, one with only one forumite)

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 N-Gamer_Issue_1

Bronze Medal (three-way tie)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Silver Medal (another three-way tie!)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And the winner is...
Spoiler:

Commended
Spoiler:

I says
Spoiler:

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 Windows-xp-the-task-failed-successfully-dr-heckle-funny-wtf-windows-errors
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 15:44

I'm still a few awards behind, but I can't resist not posting about the honourable/dishonourable mentions and New Year's Resolutions. The former were an absolute riot to read through (and to pick apart who wrote what Grin), but the latter really warmed my heart.

And thanks to the one person who voted me as contributor of the year! I don't deserve it given how absent I have been over the last year, but I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 16:47

Many thanks to the people who voted for me & the kind words, though I think it's time for me, Drunka & Mr Jones to duke it out in a triple threat triple steel cage match of doom for that silver medal.

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 QyYBFbs

Also GNamer really is the best! Grin

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 Giphy
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 19:41

The_Jaster wrote:
I think it's time for me, Drunka & Mr Jones to duke it out in a triple threat triple steel cage match of doom for that silver medal.

The only word I like out of that sentence is 'triple'. Winky Face

On a more serious note, massive thanks to the people who voted for me. It's a real pleasure to be a part of this place, and the wide variety of forumites mentioned in this post is testament to how awesome the place is. Long live GNamer! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 19:58

I'll put five pounds on Jaster's beard swallowing Drunka and ZJ.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 20:02

So what's me, stu and cap fighting it out for the United States title.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 22:33

Aw, thanks guys - to be voted the second funniest guy in a place I think is the most genuinely funny place is a big honour. I'd say I was only the 4th funniest. (Also, I'd've given my award to Drunka anyway, even if I'd won it)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 22:38

Congrats to the winners, you're all a top lot. Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:01

This was quality, guys. Good stuff.
Also, thanks for the awards, guys. I done alright this year I think.

One final thing; whoever used "balls man" when talking about balla deserves a pat on the back. Grin
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:14

I've just had a mega catchup, thanks to not really being in during the course of this week. Particularly enjoyed reading Jay's rant about what constitutes good and bad graphics. Laughing Congrats to Drunka as funniest forumite, too. Is it acceptable for me to finally come out and say now that I still don't get the Tenderloin Minimise joke? Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed  Embarrassed

Congratulations to our winner, Balla! An obvious contender for the champ, though that could apply to just about everyone here. You're all great. Grin And thank you for all the effort you've put into the awards, they've been a pleasure to read.

I would also like to take the time to thank the people that voted for me and Jay returning as a forum event of the year, and of course to the kind souls who deemed me bronze-worthy as Forumite of the Year. Embarrassed *sniff*

Oh, and Shovel Knight wasn't quite as badly robbed as it could've been. Cheers for that, Balla!
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:17

There's not much to get, I'm afraid. Tenderloin Minimise was a drunken typo of Sherlock Minisode. Being the highlight of an amusing midnight new years post, the gnamer crew took it and ran with it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:20

Drunkalilly wrote:
There's not much to get, I'm afraid. Tenderloin Minimise was a drunken typo of Sherlock Minisode. Being the highlight of an amusing midnight new years post, the gnamer crew took it and ran with it.

There's no way I would've got that without your explanation! Thanks for finally clearing that up, Drunka.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:20

I'm still bewildered as to how "Sherlock" was autocorrected to "Tenderloin", but hey - it made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:22

I was using my kindle fire which has that "swype" typing so sometimes my drunken fondling wouldn't even approach any of the intended letter and the poor kindle had to make a best guess of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)   The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014!  (Thanks for Playing!) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Annual Awards 2014! (Thanks for Playing!)
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next