We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title

Go down 
+3
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptyWed 7 Jan 2015 - 12:38

I said instead, not both. RPGs might just be easier to do as if you say RPG then your covered with everything in the genre be it JRPG, SRPG, TRPG, Western RPG, Action etc
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Jan 2015 - 8:20

Chiming in here to say Legend of Dragoon was a cracker on PS1.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptySun 11 Jan 2015 - 11:45

Always heard that and Jade Cocoon were good on the PS1
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 21:42

Okay it has Fantasy in it
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 11:13

masofdas wrote:
Okay it has Fantasy in it

Thought BrentalFloss had worsened in the past year or so, but this was a return to form - good stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 10:26

Only seen a few Brentalfloss videos, but I always found the lyrics to be a bit forced. The one he did about hating Ocarina of Time was very well put together, though.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 16:33

His Final Fantasy Victory Theme With Lyrics is enough for me, as the line about the squirrel who has money is genius, in my book. Grin
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 16:49

I'll have to say Soul Blazer on the SNES (Soul Blader if you fancy the Jap version). Not a patch on Link To The Past, simplistic combat, crap AI, but my god it has enough charm to carry you through the game several times over.

Life/death/resurrection/invading dreams/talking to animals/meeting dwarf type people who only live a year and their appreciation for life/greed/power/corruption/forgiveness - all tackled in a slightly shonky translation, but I love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 17:44

The team behind that went on to make one of my favourite RPGs granstream saga, when I had a SNES I wanted to pick up there SNES games but never got around to buying them.
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 22:17

masofdas wrote:
The team behind that went on to make one of my favourite RPGs granstream saga, when I had a SNES I wanted to pick up there SNES games but never got around to buying them.

Yeah, I have Soul Blazer and Illusion Of Time for the SNES, and after reading that Granstream was by the same folks I got that too, my brother has a boxed copy of Terranigma, so between me and him we have the "Quadrilogy" Smile

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 22:26

Isn't there most famous game ActRasier though.
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 22:50

masofdas wrote:
Isn't there most famous game ActRasier though.

I'd say so, and it is still brilliant to play through to this day.

Perhaps the uber-limited PAL release Soul Blazer saw meant it didn't get as much love as I reckon it deserves over here. Pity. I'd love a VC release on the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 14:35

Hey mandle looks like you were right about of there games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title   Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best pre 6th gen RPGS with out the words Fantasy or Phantasy in there title
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2