We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Worst retro game you own?

Go down 
+7
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
JayMoyles
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Worst retro game you own? Empty
PostSubject: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyTue 13 Jan 2015 - 21:41

I'm sure everyone has at least one pearler. Off the top of my head, mine has to be Surf Ninjas on Game Gear: bilge of the highest (lowest?) order.

In my defence, though, I received it as an ironic present.

Worst retro game you own? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwoE6lYd62YokM4h9h0zRhAF1_p1WmYTbSqBLq-_fl4wHlFT6W
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 13:58

One of the first games I ever bought from the Wii Virtual Console was Tennis for the NES. Regretted that after about five minutes playing the thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 14:12

I remember that featuring in the Wii vote thread - where it shouldn't have. Winky Face

I mentioned this in the Gameboy thread, but I think it qualifies:

Worst retro game you own? 46312_front

Apparently very well received in its original Amiga form, the charmless humans and tedious gameplay were rubbish even to my six-year-old mind.

Dishonourable mention goes to Yoshi's Universal Gravitation.  The beginning of Yoshi's descent into quality freefall, yet also his nadir.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 23:11

JayMoyles wrote:
One of the first games I ever bought from the Wii Virtual Console was Tennis for the NES. Regretted that after about five minutes playing the thing.

Tennis was a game? It could've fooled me. Shocked

Soccer on the NES is pretty gubb too, thinking about it. It might've been the best thing ever back in the day (though I highly doubt it). The goal celebration dance is probably the funniest thing I've seen on the console, though.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 23:18

Worst retro game you own? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxj7Piya1R2Z6NouAy-YTL8ZjnycIiAExioZKPKZ_ZwHXHbCvP
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyWed 14 Jan 2015 - 23:21

I own some bad ones
102 Dalmatians: Puppies to the Rescue
Chicken Run
Dinosaur
ECW: Hardcore Revolution
The Grinch
Illbleed, I've tried playing this one a few times and it's just awful
Sydney 2000
WWF Attitude

And that's just the dreamcast there could be a few others that aren't great, my other retro systems which aren't bad at all but I've not played all my mega drive games and I might think a cricket game is bad but that just be because I don't like cricket.

But one I have played on mega drive is Shadow of the Beast which is just awful but is a bit of cult game and Sony bringing it back on PS4 for some weird reason.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 1:14

That ECW game really is a load of shite but I see your ECW and raise you Uefa Striker.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 7:54

In VC terms, it's Fighting Street all the way. A shockingly shoddy game. In actual, physical, owns-the-cartridge/disk terms... I'll have to get back to you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 11:09

I own UEFA striker & Dream Soccer, i thought they might of just aged badly.

I remember the ECW games being awful back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 11:10

masofdas wrote:
But one I have played on mega drive is Shadow of the Beast which is just awful but is a bit of cult game and Sony bringing it back on PS4 for some weird reason.

Shadow of the Beast really is a pile of rubbish. It's so shonky and sluggish! "Wise fwom your gwave!"

(Checks Backloggery) I have South Park on N64. Anyone had the misfortune of playing that? Terrible.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 11:38

I think I played it on PS1 and it wasn't great neither was South Park: Chef's Luv Shack which I own.

If you click the link to my Backloggery you can easily see the bad games I own on DC & MD there might be others I missed that are bad and no sonic isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 12:43

masofdas wrote:

ECW: Hardcore Revolution

WWF Attitude

These were essentially the same game, right? I remember it having a really contrived grappling system.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 13:04

Pretty much
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 16:28

Stu_the_great wrote:

(Checks Backloggery) I have South Park on N64. Anyone had the misfortune of playing that? Terrible.

Aye! I'd asked for that for my tenth birthday, before it got delayed for months. I was adamant I wanted it, while my folks tried to hide the CV&G review from me as it got an absolute hiding. In the end, it was a poor-picked birthday present. There's worse games I've got on the N64, mind.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 17:37

I'm guessing you've got Superman 64, TCK?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 18:19

Pan up the page, Stu! Mind you, I wonder why Carmageddon 64 isn't remembered as being on the same level of awfulness as Superman 64, despite apparently being worse.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 18:48

I don't have Superman 64, and I've never thought to pick it up. Carmageddon 64 is a dog's dinner, and the worst game I've got on the N64. South Park would probably be the bottom ten-fifteen. I quite like the other two South Park games!

FIFA 64 is a good shout for the second-worst retro game I own. Also, as unpopular as it'll be to say this, I think Bomberman 64 wouldn't be far off either. Then there's Aero Gauge too. Dual Heroes was another shocker. I really hated the N64 version of Hexen as well. ClayFighter 63⅓ is bollocks. Nagano Winter Olympics '98 is another iffy one. I've got no time for Rampage World Tour either. Waialae Country Club: True Golf Classics is similarly gash. The list goes on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 19:00

Presumably these were mostly bought from charity shops for pittance? Apart from... ooh... Bomberman 64, I'll say.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 19:43

I have Rakuga Kids on N64. Not a fan. At all.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyThu 15 Jan 2015 - 23:15

Balladeer wrote:
Presumably these were mostly bought from charity shops for pittance?  Apart from... ooh... Bomberman 64, I'll say.

Aye, a few quid or so each from various second-hand shops across the country. Gamestation was great for filling gaps in your retro library, as they sold everything so cheap. I think Bomberman cost me two quid.

Stu_the_great wrote:
I have Rakuga Kids on N64. Not a fan. At all.

Shocking behaviour. It's a great wee game - I couldn't fault it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyFri 16 Jan 2015 - 10:23

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Shocking behaviour. It's a great wee game - I couldn't fault it.

I think it's 'cause I bought it cheap, completely on a whim expecting a 2D platformer and not a fighter. Laughing

Anyone have the misfortune of owning Universal Studios on GameCube? Shocked
Back to top Go down
mandlecreed
Bokoblin
mandlecreed

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 16:54

Cruisin' USA on the N64.

a/ Because it's shit.

b/ I don't need a b/ because the a/ explained it as well as needed Laughing

Seriously though, in the epic drought at the start of the N64's life, and also as I'd got myself a shiny US N64, I had to pay a bit more for the privilege, so I vote for this game.

£60 for such a turd.

Hold down go and yank the analogue stick left and right as required. Take in the crap and oft-repeated scenery, listen to the horrendous "music", marvel at the one-of-four pre-scripted crash animations that play out at random as you don't quite press left-or-right as well as you needed to. Watch badly-rendered big-boobed woman start/end the races. Rinse. Repeat. Die.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/mandlecreed02
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 10:54

mandlecreed wrote:
listen to the horrendous "music",

Yeah! Woah! Woah-oah-oah-oah-oah-oah!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 12:11

Doom 3 on the Xbox. I have never hated a game as much as I hated this. It was ugly, the characters were generic and the story, what I could endure before shutting it off, pointless. I have dislike many a game, but this one really riled me up.

Can a give a special mention to Driv3r on the Xbox? Such a great cast of voice actors, I mean really great, and then some of the worst shooting, driving and pop-up I have ever experienced.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 12:37

I remember Driv3R having the honour being something like the most returned game ever or something along those lines as it was that bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst retro game you own?   Worst retro game you own? Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst retro game you own?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next