We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Major Writes Site

Go down 
+16
Fastpie
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Dead Lemon
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Sylveon
Jimbob
masofdas
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Admin
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyThu 11 May 2017 - 20:22

There's one topping. And one bottoming.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyThu 1 Jun 2017 - 21:16

To The Moon reviewed in June!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 13:28

Lots happening on the site this from Drunka, a review from EofGiz on Operation Babel, review from Zero on Old Man's Journey.

Then this from me about achievements and trophies.

On the pieces, yeah Drunka that was thing. Operation Babel looks intresting but not really my thing and the Etrian Odyssey games likely better. Zero I saw that game on a stream and looked rather good, the art-style is lovely but not sure I want to play it on a phone or a PC also reminds me of Night in the Woods which I should play.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 14:03

masofdas wrote:
this from Drunka,
On the pieces, yeah Drunka that was thing.

That's a thing I wrote for some friends a while back. Katie mentioned it on twitter and I wanted to re-upload it somewhere. I tried to put it so it wouldn't show on the front page but Squarespace was being a dick.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptySat 17 Jun 2017 - 14:03

Review (more of history lesson) of Dreamfall Chapters which is the Yooka-Laylee of point-and-click adventures, it plays like a game from 2006
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyThu 22 Jun 2017 - 13:14

My Neo Geo piece is done, I think it starts off okay but when it gets to the games it's a bit muh as like you I've not played most of them. Which is sort of the point of the article but might not be the best read.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptySat 5 Aug 2017 - 15:37

I did us some words for Ever Oasis. The super shy Drunkalilly also added another chapter to his ARMS diary here. There's even a comment at the bottom of that one! Dance
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 9:33

Good work there Zero-chan! Thumbs Up! I completely agree on the game's main hook, but disagree with some of the Flaws™️. I really liked some of the music, and will probably do a fanfiction music time period on the game at some point; while easy, I am finding some of the later fights challenging, albeit mostly because of the AI's inability to dodge properly; and I think that it is just you not being bothered with the 'Bulk Restock' option. Nah nah! On the other hand, I reckon you're right about the combat and the game's occasional obtuse-ness.

Also, the picture in the middle of the Flaws paragraph looks like it might be a tad spoilery, as I don't reckon I've seen the oasis looking like that yet!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 10:03

Eenteresting Zero! That bit about the "shrug" flaw rings a few bells; that might be the deal-breaker. It's pretty much sin number 1 as far as the company I work for produces - you should make it clear what the correct options are before-hand, as opposed to waiting until afterwards and showing an error message.

I might still get it though, as the way you describe all the happy things that happen sound good to my infantile brain!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptySun 6 Aug 2017 - 10:44

@Balla: the fights became easier when you

Spoiler:

Will not argue the music point - cursèd subjectivity! - but will check into replacing that picture later.

@Jimbob: the 'who to use' thing is not a disaster, just a little off. Characters with the skills are introduced and highlighted, so I had a list of go-to residents when the right gameplay element appeared. Overall, it's a good, quirky game. Thumbs Up!

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 14:05

Good read Zero! You don't put loads on gintendo, but you always write quality words. Thumbs Up!

On my ARMS thing, I can't for the life of me imagine who wrote that comment . . .
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 21:22

Thank you kind sir! I'm trying to put more effort into my stuff at the minute. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyMon 7 Aug 2017 - 23:45

Bookmarked for tomorrow evening's reading. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyFri 18 Aug 2017 - 15:56

I made a list article about Pokémon. I'm sorry. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyFri 18 Aug 2017 - 20:17

No apologies necessary- apart from the fact you didn't put your name on it! I was sure it was either yourself or Balla.
Cracking read, that, and full of points I can't fault. Nothing wrong with a listicle with this kind of relevance and quality Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 14:13

Wouldn't have been me - as with all things Zero suggests about Pokémon, I disagree with most of it. Razz Seasons would make finding the Pokémon you want an utter pain - having to wait twelve hours is often enough, but a month!? Secret Bases were great at the time, but I couldn't have cared less when they came back in ΩRAS. And I've seen more than enough of Kanto! (Although I wouldn't object to being able to re-explore another old region.)

That said, I did like Refresh. It looks from the trailer like following Pokémon might return in USUM? So that's something positive.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptySun 20 Aug 2017 - 22:04

I too miss Kurt's balls Cheeky

Gen 2 was probably the best sequel I've ever played. Expanded upon the necessities, pokémon, gyms, locations. But oh boy it added so much more. I remember liking the ability to add other trainers to your mobile phone. It helped make the world feel that much more lived in, rather than a sandbox made for my amusement. That and the Day/Night cycle and Kanto was just. Blimey, what a game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyWed 6 Sep 2017 - 18:52

First Indie interview for a while talking about the Switch
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 20:13

I wrote a thing. It's a really personal thing, and maybe it's too selfish to get. It's long too. But I wrote it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 20:25

I'VE READ THE TITLE ALONE AND I AM READY TO FIGHT YOU
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 20:37

The title is unabashed clickbait.  Hopefully the content is a bit more considered!

EDIT: Matthew Castle called it 'a fine justification of your mad opinion.' Bit star-struck. Grin
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 21:30

Read and enjoyed thoroughly, even if I don't share all the elements of your opinion (mostly because my experiences were very different). I will always enjoy people talking about their personal experiences with games. Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 22:19

I started reading but then I saw how long it is, so will go back to it tomorrow or may read on phone at work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptyFri 15 Sep 2017 - 22:38

Good article, Balla.

Being a smidge younger than yourself meant my first 3D Mario ended up being Sunshine, which I naturally loved. I never actually played SM64 until the Virtual Console rolled around and after tucking into Sunshine and Galaxy, it was - as you mentioned yourself in your article - dated as hell.

I do think Odyssey will trump Galaxy as my favourite though. My main gripe with SM64 was that I felt I was grappling with the camera controls and moving Mario about felt stunted as a consequence. Coupling proper camera controls with Mario's movement options in Odyssey will be a treat - smack those on top of open-ended levels, and baby, you've got a stew going.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 EmptySat 16 Sep 2017 - 9:41

Thanks gents! I'm not expecting anyone here to share my opinion, since it is so rooted in me personally. If you understand it, then that's all I can ask for. Smile

SM64's camera is a write-off, no doubt 'bout that. Hopefully SMO will sort it out. Although there was an opinion piece on Nintendo Life saying the same about Sunshine recently...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 31 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Major Writes Site
Page 31 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37  Next