We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2015 - 16:02

I really liked Starfox Assault...
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyThu 3 Sep 2015 - 23:11

I'd say it's a bit more of a 4, but there's definitely a sense of diminishing returns with the game in relation to Starwing and Lylat Wars.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyFri 4 Sep 2015 - 20:57

Yoshi's Woolly World

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 TM_WiiU_YoshisWoolyWorld

It's very cute. There's some fantastic level design. It makes the best use of amiibi of any game so far. If you want all the collectibles, it'll last a while. But it just doesn't have it. I was never grabbed, or enthralled, or anything like that - it was just a chore by the end. Sorry, guys.

14/20
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptySat 5 Sep 2015 - 7:54

I'm gonna DoPo your effin' face off! DAMN YOU! Twisted Evil

Gunman Clive HD Collection

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 Gunman_clive_hd_collection_review_wii_u_eshop-700x291

Sure, you can see everything it has to offer within two hours... but that's if you play it on Easy, which is sort of missing the point. It's tightly designed - although the second game does change styles a bit too often to feel coherent (I could write for EDGE, me Rolling Eyes ) - and, above all, fun. And it boasts one of the oddest unlockables I've ever experienced.

17/20
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptySat 5 Sep 2015 - 10:47

ZeroJones wrote:
Yoshi's Woolly World

It's very cute. There's some fantastic level design. It makes the best use of amiibi of any game so far. If you want all the collectibles, it'll last a while. But it just doesn't have it. I was never grabbed, or enthralled, or anything like that - it was just a chore by the end. Sorry, guys.

That's exactly how I feel about the game. It should be better than it is... but it isn't. It's as good as it is, and that's not as good as it should be. Er.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptySat 5 Sep 2015 - 19:37

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (virtual console)

Pros:

• A vast array of quirky characters and humourous support conversations makes battling with different characters and forging new relationships a lot of fun.
  • If you take Ephraim's route (the harder of the two) you're gauranteed to restart each level at least twice, thanks to the infuriating mix of narrow passageways, fogs of war and various environmental hazards.
  • There's a weapon named vidofnir.

Cons:

• There's an almost infinite amount of gold in the game, I finished with 22k despite kitting out my team with lots of shiny new gear

• The fourth to last level is the hardest, then the difficulty just falls away- although it could be that I was just over trained.

• Being able to grind between levels may have driven down the difficulty of the late game

Verdict: A great game that despite having a pretty anticlimactic last level was immensely satisfying to beat. For every level that is a bit dull there are two that force you to think about everything all at once. The gameplay,  deep characters and intriguing story all come together wonderfully.
8/10
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 13:07

Waitwaitwait, one of the gba Fire Emblem games is available on the virtual console!? It's getting harder and harder to not prioritize the wii u with every passing day.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 13:38

There's actually three FE on Wii U's VC, 2 GBA & 1 DS.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptySun 6 Sep 2015 - 22:41

Starfox Assault just wasn't for me. Those on-foot levels really weigh it down. I thought that when it's bad it's bloody awful, but when it's good it's...alright.

~

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 Sonic_Gems_Collection_Coverart

Another GameCube game, this time a compilation: the little-remembered Sonic Gems Collection. I've played through the three main games over the last few days, here's my thoughts.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 Titlescreen

Sonic CD - Another of Sonic's brief 2D adventures, but the brevity is definitely forgiveable; it's one of the best Sonic games ever. A right good game. What isn't forgivable, however, is that this is the 50hz PAL version. No games are spoiled more by the PAL ports than the old Sonic The Hedgehog ones. I'd be tempted to give the XBLA/PSN port a 9/10, but for this one I completed it sadly has to be a 6/10.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 Stf_title

Sonic The Fighters - Very peculiar Virtua Fighter-lite. Visually and aurally I like it, but gets repetitive quickly and it's very easy to blitz through. A curiousity and nowt else. 4/10.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 00000021

Sonic R - A real guilty pleasure of mine. This doesn't deserve half the bollocking that it gets online. Fair enough, I wouldn't have been chuffed if this was the main Sonic game on a console I'd paid £300 for, but it's got loads of personality and charm, and that carries it a long way. Again, 'visually and aurally I like it, but gets repetitive quickly and it's very easy to blitz through. A curiousity and nowt else'...but I can't help but like it for what it is. 7/10.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 10:59

masofdas wrote:
There's actually three FE on Wii U's VC, 2 GBA & 1 DS.

Ah, so Shadow Dragon is up there I take it?
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyMon 7 Sep 2015 - 12:02

Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon. Grin

Full list of VC games is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_(PAL_region)
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 11:20

NintenDUCK wrote:
Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon. Grin

Full list of VC games is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Virtual_Console_games_for_Wii_U_(PAL_region)

Nice, and I see the two gba advance wars games are on there too! Looks like the Wii U is going to be worth more than just the games made for it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 19:28

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 Ls_metal_gear_solid_v__the_phantom_pain_by_1n_stereo-d8cz9ym

As you know I've played most of the Metal Gear series previous that I had high hopes going in, before I started to see the reviews roll-out with there 9's & 10's saying how this is a master piece.

Which puts a huge expectation that's MGSV would be, and ohh my did it delivery. The characters even one's that are silent are fantastic which you do suspect will be the case going in.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 Metal-Gear-Solid-5-Quiet

What makes this stand-out over the previous games in the serious is the improved game which takes it into a more modern root along with being open-world but never feeling like it's to big or nothing to do with the games almost TV like Episode Mission structure which is nailed almost perfectly.

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 2684460-1189603013-Metal

The one issue which brought on The Rotating Platform is the Metal Gearness of the game, which I do agree with especially over the course of Chapter 1.

Chapter 2 is a different tale, this is where the game starts to become a bit of a chore but with some fantastic bits that do really feel like Metal Gear in nature makes it worth the slog.

Then there's the finding of music cassettes of things like Kids in America and the ones that add to the story,

That in-till now if you asked me what the game of this generation was, I would likely go for Bayonetta 2 this tops it and yes it's on last gen but I do dread to think what load times and draw distances etc are like.

Thank You Kojima
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 ROVmKxT

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 8 Sep 2015 - 20:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 20:54

Sorry Mas, but I have to give both you and Kojima a big Rolling Eyes for Quiet and that picture.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 20:58

You better not look up other female characters in the Metal Gear Series
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 22:19

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 Metal-10

Sorry Mas, siding with Balla here. He's proven he can make great female characters that aren't tits.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyTue 8 Sep 2015 - 22:25

Yeah he has but everyone there's 2 or 3 more umm alluring female characters.

Also what picture of Quiet did you want me to use as she's always half naked.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 1:00

What makes the whole Quiet situation worse is Kojima said we'd feel "ashamed" once we found out the real reason of why she's dressed like that which I just don't buy at all.

Quiet spoiler:

Eurogamer have a good wee article on it which obviously has spoilers aplenty in it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-04-metal-gear-solid-5-quiet-kojima-ashamed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 9:05

The sexiness obviously justifies the backstory, not the other way around. Also I'm damn sure that there's no good story reason for her being preposterously well-endowed, apart from, "Oh, Kojima."

masofdas wrote:
Also what picture of Quiet did you want me to use as she's always half naked.

Either don't use a picture of her at all, or the third or so picture on Google Image search is just her face.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 13:24

Just for Balla , the real Quiet being Mo-Capped
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 Stefanie-joosten-capture-3d-mgsv-01
We have gone of the subject of the brilliance that is MGSV.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 17:57

Once I've finished the game, im gonna have to write down my thoughts on koji and women. For all his great work, the existence of amazing female characters like the boss and the fact he puts every other open world game to shame with playable women throughout, the juvenile obsession with bookies is a real shame. It's one of those things that might not be a problem on its own, but the fact that this is the norm in games and not an exception coupled with metal gear being otherwise very highly regarded makes it a cause for concern.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 18:30

Drunkalilly wrote:
the juvenile obsession with bookies is a real shame

Paddy Power, corrupting our youth! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 18:40

To be fair, a gambling problem is what's killing Konami. . .
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 18:45

I'll take any excuse to post this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffqre27h_0c&ab_channel=MoEl
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 EmptyThu 10 Sep 2015 - 7:29

On the Quiet spoiler:
Spoiler:

Flimsy reasoning is flimsy. When I heard there'd be a reason ages back for her attire and that we'd all feel sorry for her because of it I was expecting some sort of sordid past and mental scarring or something.

Having said that I'm not particularly bothered by the attire or lack therefore either. Maybe I've just watched a little too much anime to the point I honestly don't even bat an eye at fanservice of that variety, maybe because I've grown up around people far more likely to be reserved about such things who instead look at it all in good humour, but I just struggle to care about it and consider it a big deal. I guess it's kind of immature, but I just don't really see the big deal about it honestly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next