We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum

Go down 
+7
Balladeer
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Admin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum Empty
PostSubject: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 22:28

Everyone's got one of these, I'm sure. What was the last game that made you hurl a couple of F-bombs (or better/worse) at the TV, either verbally or telepathically?

Starwing had this effect on me yesterday. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 23:44

Recently I've been trying to do the absolute final level of Super Mario 3D World. It's unbelievably tricky, to an extent no other level in the game comes close.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 2:36

I don't really play games that annoy me to that extent honestly, if a game starts annoying me like that I just stop playing and never go back, games are meant to be entertainment and I don't find being pissed off by a game to be entertainment.

There was one game though, Ys: The Oath in Felghana.  For the most part the bosses straddled the line between tough and torturous pretty well and were great challenges.  All except for one, a fight with another swordsman near the end of the game.  He just ran around so fast and his attacks were completely ridiculous that unless you had perfect mastery of your special abilities you'd get stomped.  Almost smashed the psp against a wall after a while.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 7:50

Hyrule Warriors was doing this to me recently, I was doing a hero level run of one of the legend mode levels and I got to the final objective (defend some bombchus) and I just couldn't do it. I repeated the objective over and over but it just wasn't happening...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 8:52

Parts of The Lost Levels got me angered. The last game that really had me swearing at the telly was Teslagrad: as I've said elsewhere, I ended up calling the player character 'Bellenda Carlisle' for long periods.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 10:22

Athrun888 wrote:
I don't really play games that annoy me to that extent honestly, if a game starts annoying me like that I just stop playing and never go back, games are meant to be entertainment and I don't find being pissed off by a game to be entertainment.

I'm a bit of a glutton for punishment in that I'll play games that are well above my skill level. Rolling Eyes

Trauma Center: Under the Knife. Good lord! Did this game make me cross; I got so mad at it that I actually had to stop myself stamping on my DS. I will never go back to that game.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 10:27

It was Second Opinion on Wii that drove me mad there. The only levels I couldn't do on DS were the X levels and they were frankly ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 10:34

The one I got stuck on was one where the cancer cells in my patient started off in multiples and continued to multiply during the operation. Hissy fit Judging by the difficulty, surely I must've been pretty well through the game by that point.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 10:44

Top picks for me have to be Mario Kart 8 (online) & certain bosses from Dark souls.

The most recent one though was that true final battle event on hard from Smash bros U, you just had to be so quick off the mark & keep moving while trying to put enough damage into your opponents at the same time, which is far from easy when you have fucking Sonic spin dashing you constantly & Mega Man throwing saw blades and sticky bombs at you.

Thank fuck I finally completed it the other day.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 11:28

I was going to say SSBU! The Event Matches certainly got my anger up, but it's especially things like trying to complete All-Star on Hard with rubbish characters. You get to the penultimate battle, and then muck up and take a bunch of damage, and then a stray can hits you from that ****ing dog...

Prior to Smash, I think the last game that really made me swear was DKCTF. I'll mention Bopopolis again here: I don't think the mental scars will ever go away. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 19:54

Smash Bros 3DS online, For Glory. I go through runs of kicking everyone's arse as Falcon, but then I run into a Diddy Kong player and he just nails me with a down-throw -> up air combo over and over and I can't do a thing against it.

It's actually such a huge problem that it's affecting competitive Smash Bros now too. In this video, some guy in the crowd yells "HOO HAH" everytime the Diddy Kong hits that combo and the Jigglypuff player gets really salty about it. It's funny to watch, but infuriating to have happen to you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySat 24 Jan 2015 - 21:50

Sayonara Umihara Kawase was unreal. I wasn't even swearing at it in the good Super Monkey Ball kind of way - as a gamer it really brought out the worst in me.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySun 25 Jan 2015 - 6:02

Since I've gone back to it Super Mario Sunshine
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySun 25 Jan 2015 - 10:21

Everything I played yesterday!

I swore at creepers in Minecraft - it's bad enough if they're destroying your own place, but if you're in someone else's world and you set off Massive Damage...
I swore at the Old Iron King in Dark Souls II. But that was my own impatience.
And I even swore at Ecco the Dolphin. The last one I'm really ashamed of. It's difficult alright, but he didn't deserve me swearing at him Aww! .
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum EmptySun 25 Jan 2015 - 10:30

More historical swearfests include Sin & Punishment 2, which saw me carefully undo the wrist strap before throwing the controller to the floor. Then there was Mario Strikers Charged, whose difficulty increases so much that the last cup is simply impossible (for me, at any rate). That encouraged language that would have made my mother cry.

My all-time favourite Wii swear was actually at Mario Kart Wii, which was "I'm gonna f*** you up, Princess".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum   Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum Empty

Back to top Go down

Last game that made you swear like a navvy with a sore bum
Page 1 of 1