We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rune Factory 4

Go down 
+3
oldschool
ZeroJones
masofdas
7 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 14:04

I thought we had a thread for this.

From the Podcast doesn't seem many of us have played it but one more will be soon as I've been sent a code for the game, but won't be playing in till I get my New 3DS as my 3DS stuff is kinda in limbo.

Or would one of you like the code instead, you will have to do either a write up or a review of it mind.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 15:51

Andy piqued my interest in this on the podcast but I, too, will be putting it on my New 3DS. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 EmptyThu 29 Jan 2015 - 15:57

Actually I might be getting two codes one for me and another to give away in a cross-promo thing.

So might have to borrow the twitter account.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015 - 0:07

I have had this one for months, a retail version for my NTSC 3DS. I did start it, but unfortunately I was distracted by other shiny games and never continued. I am very disappointed it never got a retail release as this may see the end of the series in the West. I really want a Wii U game.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015 - 7:58

I was hoping that enough people would've bought it to encourage a future western release, but then only 3 of us in the UK have bought it...
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015 - 8:57

andyman949 wrote:
I was hoping that enough people would've bought it to encourage a future western release, but then only 3 of us in the UK have bought it...

I played the heck out of the 2 Wii games and for some reason, have never ventured far into the portable ones, despite having them all. I really do fear that the series will likely die with this one. I am not exactly sure how they can arrest that. Even Harvest Moon is dying as a series and I would kill for a remake or sequel to the lovely Gamecube A Wonderful Life, my favourite in the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015 - 10:03

oldschool wrote:
andyman949 wrote:

I played the heck out of the 2 Wii games and for some reason, have never ventured far into the portable ones, despite having them all.  I really do fear that the series will likely die with this one.  I am not exactly sure how they can arrest that.  Even Harvest Moon is dying as a series and I would kill for a remake or sequel to the lovely Gamecube A Wonderful Life, my favourite in the franchise.

Have you played A New Beginning, olsdchool? I've enjoyed what I've seen of it so far. The main problem with Harvest Moon, as much as I love it, is some of the technical shonkiness mixed with its refusal to try anything new.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 EmptyFri 30 Jan 2015 - 10:27

Stu_the_great wrote:
oldschool wrote:
andyman949 wrote:

I played the heck out of the 2 Wii games and for some reason, have never ventured far into the portable ones, despite having them all.  I really do fear that the series will likely die with this one.  I am not exactly sure how they can arrest that.  Even Harvest Moon is dying as a series and I would kill for a remake or sequel to the lovely Gamecube A Wonderful Life, my favourite in the franchise.

Have you played A New Beginning, olsdchool? I've enjoyed what I've seen of it so far. The main problem with Harvest Moon, as much as I love it, is some of the technical shonkiness mixed with its refusal to try anything new.

Well Stu, I have the game and I probably started it, but yeah, it got lost in the pile as usual. I don't recall any technical shortcomings in games I have played, but in a way, they tried something different with Rune Factory. On the other side though, you are right, the Harvest Moon games themselves don't do much different from one game to the next. That is why I loved A Wonderful Life on the Gamecube, as they used a completely different visual approach. It probably could do with a completely fresh reboot. What would you change?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 0:10

andyman949 wrote:

Heh, Andy and Silver Light are the only two people I know who have it.

It's pretty great, though I lost enthusiasm to finish it. But that's fine, you shouldn't feel compelled to finish a game just to finish it, and I feel like I got more than enough out of it.

As for anyone who's yet to take a punt on it, I can't recommend it enough, it's an incredibly well designed game, that won't waste a second of your time. I was really just surprised by how slick it is, it makes the mundane fun.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 20:11

Got this on my 3DS now
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 EmptySun 15 Mar 2015 - 19:25

Another game I am very grateful for having within the Euro of a download, even if there no cart towards this I really don't care.
I was really considering of getting a USA 3DS just to play this game (sad but true) as I am a big rune factory fan since the DS come out.

It becomes very additive game once you get the hang of it, I do have rune factory 1, 2 & 3 on the DS and the Wii version.
I do prefer the handheld for this so glad they have done the 4th just for the 3DS, I am very impressed how much they have improved
within this game than they have done with the others. It's worth the money because I have put a lot of hours in to it like I did when the DS versions come about. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rune Factory 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rune Factory 4   Rune Factory 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rune Factory 4
Page 1 of 1