We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have you dug a retro console out recently?

Go down 
+5
Balladeer
Treesmurf
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
Admin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Have you dug a retro console out recently? Empty
PostSubject: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 16:00

Or have you felt the urge to, or maybe even felt like picking up an old console you remember fondly?

Recently I dug the SNES and Game Gear out of my cupboard. Both have now taken up a permanent place on my desk, the SNES making it five Nintendo generations currently nestled 'neath my telly.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 18:09

Yeah, I decided to take my GameCube up north with me a couple of weeks ago - since I moved away from home for work in the summer I hadn't played anything older than my 360. I took the system and a wee twelve-disc carrycase with some of my favourite games, ones I've not played before and the ones I never got round to finishing.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 23:21

I don't ned to dig them out, they are all still set-up, connected to a dedicated 108cm television. The consoles are the SNES, Mega Drive, N64, Xbox, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii. The PSP, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, Gameboy Advance SP, Gameboy Advance Micro, DS, DS Light and DSi are all sitting there as well. Doesn't mean I use them all the time, they are just ready to go when I get the urge.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 0:38

No but I had an extreme urge to play Banjo Kazooie and Snowboard Kids over Christmas, because you know, snow and that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 7:54

Not really. I do occasionally get the urge to play something on the good old GC, but I've got no idea where my memory card's gone.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 8:11

I used to play wii/cube games whenever I went home to visit whilst at uni, but now I go for less long and less often so my older gaming is dropping off quite rapidly.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 9:56

Balladeer wrote:
Not really.  I do occasionally get the urge to play something on the good old GC, but I've got no idea where my memory card's gone.

I wish I had a penny for every time I've had to unlock all the WarioWare: Mega Party Game$ minigames again because I can't find the corresponding memory card for them. Same with Super Monkey Ball and Monkey Billiards/Target. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:28

Sometimes do like when I bought that cheap SNES, then I looked at the price of games I want for it.

A while ago I was tempted by a Saturn for some odd reason, still wouldn't mind a Jag again & to try a 3DO, CD32 etc.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyFri 6 Feb 2015 - 20:42

My NES may come out soon. I've never actually finished Solar Jetman, despite it being one of my favourite games ever. Come on Nintendo, kick MS's arse until they give you the rights to all of Rare's NES games on VC.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 8:14

Solar Jetman was one of the three games my brothers and I got with our NES (SMB3 and, if I remember rightly, Digger T. Rock). It was very different from the titles we had, which made it all the more spellbinding. I'd love to play it again. Sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 12:04

If I had the space, I'd quite like to dig my Saturn out to play NiGHTS again. I might one day fathom out how to beat that ruddy cat boss with the exploding mice. The boss battles start to become maddeningly cryptic!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 12:06

That's the thing with the Saturn I'd like to play Nights but can't think what else as it's great for fighters but the DC has so many of them, that it's not something I need.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 12:15

The SEGA Ages port of OutRun is well worth a look, if that's your sort of thing. Then there are obscurities like Burning Rangers and Panzer Dragoon that I don't have because of their price. It's just a crying shame that Sonic X-Treme never became a thing, or indeed any decent Sonic game at all in that generation. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 12:19

Yeah price for some of the better games and like you said no Sonic, the Saturn really missed that big game as even lesser consoles of that time like a Jag has AVP & Tempest 2000 which are big games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you dug a retro console out recently?   Have you dug a retro console out recently? Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you dug a retro console out recently?
Page 1 of 1