We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alphadia Genesis on eShop

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

Alphadia Genesis on eShop Empty
PostSubject: Alphadia Genesis on eShop   Alphadia Genesis on eShop EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 4:24

So I look up the eShop today on the Wii U and I see this new game, Alphadia Genesis, which is also on iPad and PC, made by Natsume and looking very much like an old school JRPG.

Alphadia Genesis on eShop <a href=Alphadia Genesis on eShop Unnamed_zps007028cb" />

It looks good I thought, but very pricey for a digital game, at $21.99 Australian.  Now, for me to buy that, at that price, it was going to have to be a brilliant game, and maybe for me it is, to spend that kind of money, after all, I spent only $9.99 getting Child of Light.  So I looked it up on Metacritic, only two reviews, a 60 and a 70, so that isn't ideal, but for a JRPG fan, not that bad either.  Keep in mind, I read very little press about games, so this one is new to me,and when I googled images on it I thought I was mistakenly looking at Tales of Symphonia, but that could just be me.

Alphadia Genesis on eShop <a href=Alphadia Genesis on eShop IOS_Kemco_Alphadia_Genesis_04_zpse86285c6" />

Now I am thinking that I actually would enjoy this game, but I will wait for a promotion, that price is just too high, needing to be at least down to about $13 before I would jump.  Anyone else thinking about downloading the game?  Anyone already played it?  Tell me what you think of it, as I trust you more than I trust the so called 'press'.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Alphadia Genesis on eShop   Alphadia Genesis on eShop EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 7:22

As Mas is aware, I'm currently playing through this, with an aim to reviewing it on Gintendo.

I'm probably not half an hour in, so bear that in mind - with that said, and as someone who considers himself a fan of the genre, I haven't seen anything so far that convinces me it's worth more than 60%, or even worth its own thread. Sitting down with the hoi polloi of the eShop is probably where it deserves to be.

I'll let y'all know if this changes.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Alphadia Genesis on eShop   Alphadia Genesis on eShop EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 9:56

Balladeer wrote:
As Mas is aware, I'm currently playing through this, with an aim to reviewing it on Gintendo.  

I'm probably not half an hour in, so bear that in mind - with that said, and as someone who considers himself a fan of the genre, I haven't seen anything so far that convinces me it's worth more than 60%, or even worth its own thread.  Sitting down with the hoi polloi of the eShop is probably where it deserves to be.

I'll let y'all know if this changes.

That is disappointing Balladeer. I read it isn't a long game and too easy, so the chances of me getting it without a 75% minimum discount seem to be receding fast.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Alphadia Genesis on eShop   Alphadia Genesis on eShop EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 12:18

I was excited for it as from one of the reviews it sounds like a early PS1 era JRPG.

Which I do like the sound of but being ported over from mobile devices might be the reason it's not been great , but I will wait to see what Balla says about it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Alphadia Genesis on eShop   Alphadia Genesis on eShop EmptyThu 5 Feb 2015 - 12:43

It feels a lot like a PS1-era JRPG. I'll be comparing it against FFIV and FFVI when I review it. Bear in mind, though: I'm no rose-tinted retro fan.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Alphadia Genesis on eShop   Alphadia Genesis on eShop EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 23:35

Yeah, this looks like your typical uninspired generic 'nostalgia' RPG, probably because it is. Nice to see Kemco are still around though, I think they developed this?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Alphadia Genesis on eShop   Alphadia Genesis on eShop EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 23:53

That appeals to me though, hoping to read Ballas review after the few mixed ones of this so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alphadia Genesis on eShop   Alphadia Genesis on eShop Empty

Back to top Go down

Alphadia Genesis on eShop
Page 1 of 1