We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
fronkhead
Linkyshinks
Vidofnir
Jimbob
TGN Professor
masofdas
Admin
The_Jaster
Balladeer
wenywoowoo
Axis1500
SquidgyGoat
JayMoyles
Gwyn400
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
shanks
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 14:41

Quote :
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker reborn will be coming to the Wii U and will be available this Fall.

Will have a visual overhaul apparently. So thoughts?

Also a long way off will be a completely new Zelda game for the Wii U as well

Last edited by shanks on Wed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:43; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 15:05

If I were to name the one retro game that I don't believe needs a visual overhaul whatsoever, it would be Wind Waker. It still looks amazing.

I understand that a generation of gamers missed out on it, and that it's generally regarded as being of the the best Nintendo games ever published, but I'm the guy who didn't even bother opening the copy they bought cheap in 2006. Definitely not complaining, but I'm not doing cartwheels all about the shop, either.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 15:45

I can understand the excitement for this, but it doesn't do much for me. Don't have fond memories for this, like others do, the boating parts were boring as fook. Possibly my second least favourite Zelda game, after Skyward Sword. May give it a reappraisal when it turns up though.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 17:16

I'll play it because I love WW, but it didn't need a remake unless they're scrapping the triforce hunt (or at least paying for the translation.)
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 17:29

Some tweets I've seen seem to imply that it's being changed in some way.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 17:50

Definitely want to see this in HD.

I mean, I could emulate it and get much the same experience, but meh.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 18:22

Well I personally couldn't be more chuffed, absolutely love the game and being able to play it again when it looks even better is just plain brilliant.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 18:41

My favourite 3D Zelda is coming out in HD, and the announcement's made in the week that I traded in the GC original purely for the shelf space? Yes, please. Yes very much please indeed.
Back to top Go down
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 19:20

Wind Waker was my favourite Zelda game so anything that gives me an excuse to play it again must be a good thing
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 19:29

Shouldn't you be complaining about how you'll be paying for the same game again? You've forgotten how the internet works. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 21:05

Honestly, it's probably the only Zelda that doesn't need "rebirthing" so to speak. Have you seen the visuals on it? Still holds up today, it's one of the unforeseen aspects of the cel-shading.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
SquidgyGoat
Boo This Man .Gif
SquidgyGoat

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 21:42

I never played through Wind Waker, so I'm looking forward to it. A lot.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 21:54

This is the only Gamecube game I own, so the fact it's coming to Wii U means Gamecube Compatibility for me.
Back to top Go down
wenywoowoo
Tingle's Dingle
wenywoowoo

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 21:59

Definately looking forward to it! Not my favourite but really loved it! Love
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 22:03

JayMoyles wrote:
Honestly, it's probably the only Zelda that doesn't need "rebirthing" so to speak. Have you seen the visuals on it? Still holds up today, it's one of the unforeseen aspects of the cel-shading.

Quite. It's still beautiful. If they scrap the Triforce hunt and the early stealth section, and bring back the dungeons that they didn't have time to put in, then I might consider it. Otherwise, I'll just admire it from the sidlelines.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 22:50

Balladeer wrote:
Quite. It's still beautiful. If they scrap the Triforce hunt and the early stealth section, and bring back the dungeons that they didn't have time to put in, then I might consider it. Otherwise, I'll just admire it from the sidlelines.

I can't see them scrapping the stealth section, and at most they'll probably only alter the Triforce hunt to lower the prices of the charts or something. I'll have a look and gawk at how marginally better the graphics will be, but basically colour me disinterested. It'll be good for those who've never played Wind Waker before though, it's my favourite Zelda.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 23:06

Even though I'm not generally a fan of HD remakes, I suppose its a great stop gap until the real wii U Zelda game turns up.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 23:10

Am I the only one who really enjoyed the stealth segment? It was one of the things that forced me to pause and admire what still is a stunning-looking game.

My excitement dial is curiously turned up to '11' for this. That pointless Triforce Chart hunt stopped me playing what was an otherwise wonderful adventure, so if they made that less dire and added the dungeon that was so obviously removed frpm Greatfish Isle, consider me/it sold.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 23:50

I quite liked the stealth segment too, so you're not alone!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 3:09

I didn't mind it once I did it.
I think this will be my first Wii U download game
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:15

I definitely won't be bucking my retail copy trend for Wii U.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 21:47

i cant wait for this its my fav zelda, it looks good still anyway so if nintendo can make it look it even better and fix the dam triforce hunt then brillant
Back to top Go down
TGN Professor
Ejected into the Lava
TGN Professor

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 22:29

I hope the vague comments about "refining" the gameplay mean we'll get the two dungeons that were cut out of the original.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 22:40

I agree that WW does look timeless, but then they showed the development pictures of the HD version Shocked

So yes, I will get it anyway. It's one of the few Zeldas I haven't got all the hearts on, and my GameCube's disc reader is slightly borked. And hopefully they'll add a new bit. Honest, Link could just have a new hat* and I'd be sold.

*this is not the Simpsons reference topic
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 22:56

Yes! Personally my favourite, I think it may have been my first Zelda actually. Just do me a favour and leave out the tingle tuner this time ok?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker   The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next