Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Drives Us Up The Wall

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  SONMSONM  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Flock Step Bird

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   Tue 7 Mar 2017 - 16:37

Interesting numbers! It's a modest but respectable launch, and given the march window I think it's good. The UK continues to be comparatively weak for Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sonm.uk
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   Tue 7 Mar 2017 - 16:51

Always has been that way in the UK, always a little surprised about how well Nintendo does in mainland Europe as it was mainly SEGA & now Sony that it is good to see two companies can be very successful much like here where both Xbox & PlayStation can be.

In France the Switch did 105k which is 10k more then the Wii, I've tired finding how it did in the big one Germany but can't find much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Treesmurf
Disciple of Castle

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   Wed 15 Mar 2017 - 22:05

Basically the UK sucks, there's a reason the EU made us think we didn't wanna be with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 10:28

Switch is still number 1 in Japan but a big drop from as the Switch has gone from 329k in Week One in the end, Week Two the system shifted 62k.

The Wii U did 127k in its second week, meaning the Wii U is up on Switch by 44k so far in Japan.

However it seems the Switch has passed 1.5m units worldwide and should hit Nintendo's target of 2m by the end of the financial year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gjones
Toad

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 12:54

I wonder whether the Playstation being a big part of lad culture in the late 90s ties in with the UK often underperforming for Nintendo.

1.5m for the Switch after 2 weeks is impressive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 17:08

I would say no as PlayStation is popular across all of Europe, I'm thinking more of the fact SEGA was king here in Europe and I'm thinking Sony picked up the slack.

1.5m sounds good but then the PS4 did 1m in one day, just in the USA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
Mani Mani Statue

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 20:35

gjones wrote:
I wonder whether the Playstation being a big part of lad culture in the late 90s ties in with the UK often underperforming for Nintendo.

1.5m for the Switch after 2 weeks is impressive.

masofdas wrote:
I would say no as PlayStation is popular across all of Europe, I'm thinking more of the fact SEGA was king here in Europe and I'm thinking Sony picked up the slack.

1.5m sounds good but then the PS4 did 1m in one day, just in the USA.

Sony definitely aimed the playstation in a way so it was perceived to be edgy/cool & off the back of that folk pretty much started labelling Nintendo "kiddy" because of their family approach. Fast forward to now & some of the people who thought that way are likely the crowd who just buy the big name games (CoD/FIFA etc) so when Nintendo systems don't get those games or poorer versions they won't have any interest in owning one.

I wouldn't say it's the sole reason but it's definitely one of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 14:05

I did some research on this weeks chart,

Persona 5 is Number 1 and is the first JRPG to do so since Ni No Kuni but Pokemon is a thing, so I emailed Chart Track and got this reply.

Yeah, I suppose Pokémon would possibly count, but it generally gets more thought of as something broader than the JRPG market, which tends to be quite a comparatively niche audience (although in this and Final Fantasy’s case, still fairly massive). I guess you could argue it either way, really. 😊

Me and Fronk have had a bit of back and fourth on this as why is Pokemon not a JRPG and FF is for instance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZeroJones
Space Ark Pilot

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 14:07

You'd be tempted to put Pokémon in its own genre - I reckon the Chart Track team must think the same. 'Monster battling RPG', maybe, or possibly even 'Pokémon game'. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
masofdas
I'M SO LONELY

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   Mon 10 Apr 2017 - 14:10

Well I read it myself as Pokemon is popular and likes of Persona 5 are niche then the JRPG genre is niche, so Pokemon can't be in that genre.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   

Back to top Go down

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9