We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)

Go down 
+11
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Axis1500
shanks
fronkhead
Admin
ZeroJones
masofdas
oldschool
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 10:44

Finally caught Mew by starting with Mega Sableye
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 20:31

I don't see much harm in this, I've enjoyed quite a bit of candy crush and the like for the last few years so like those I'll give it a little bit of my time until the lives run out and maybe revisit the next day. If people want to pay for extra lives that's their choice, they'll no doubt get their money's worth.

Made a start today and was a bit irked that my first 5 lives were used on a tutorial but if it's anything like Pokemon Link then I'm sure it'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 6:55

I am now officially addicted to this game. Trouble is, with 4 consoles, it is more time consuming than I expected - I didn't realise you get a new heart every 30 minutes until yesterday. For a game that is free, it is fantastic. I want to catch the next Pokemon and I keep going back. It will be interesting to see how long that enthusiasm lasts, keep in mind I will never actually buy anything, so if it hits a wall that paying solves, I will probably stop then.

I have Mew on all of the systems, which was a fair effort, but those EXE games are impossible for me at this stage. I remember one attempt that as usual, gave me the option to buy another 15 seconds. Hell, I wasn't even half way in 60 of them, I needed another 2 minutes!
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 7:31

Yeah, it's surprising how much the time-based stages change things up: it makes the gameplay much closer to Pokémon Link: Battle!, which is grand. However, they are as hard as their title suggests and I'm going to have to buy items to beat them. Aww!

As for myself, level 101 beckons! Shocked It's getting tougher, to the extent that I had to buy an item for level 99, but there are decent cash reserves in the bank, so all's well. It is addictive, as oldschool rightly says, which is the point. Neutral
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 8:04

I'm only on level 70 as I keep hanging around some of the levels where I want the Pokemon
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Feb 2015 - 10:16

I am only at level 40 on the most advanced of my systems.  I am also just storing up the coins, only used them on Rotom I think.  Law of averages says that if you could only get 20%, then four more attempts on the same one should get.  I am patient about that.  I usually move on even if I missed a Pokemon, as I will just go back later, although Treeco has been a real pain to catch.

How has everyone else gone on the special timed stages? Better than me I hope, but I only tried maybe twice and it was way too hard.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 7:49

Favourite Pokémon Shuffle incident so far? I'd started a match against some 'mon (can't remember which). It disrupted the field straight away by changing three tiles to copies of itself. Unfortunately they made a horizontal line which caused a chain reaction strong enough to wipe it out. I never lifted a stylus.

Got an S Rank for that. Cool

In other news, Mega Glalie is an ass. :affraid:
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 8:26

I had something similar happen, I did one row of something and then the game took care of the rest. Now currently stuck on Sylveon
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 23:19

What is the highest Combo number you have had? I thought I did great with a 49 one day and then yesterday I hit 101. The darn thing just kept on going, it was bizarre to watch.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptySat 28 Feb 2015 - 8:32

101?! *spits drink out*

I might have had a 40-odd once but, as I can't find a way to check, exact figures are beyond me. Neutral A 101 combo is wonderful (sorry) but it just shows one of the problems with match three games like this: when they end up playing themselves, as I call it. No
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Mar 2015 - 7:13

DoPo, but there have been a few updates to Shuffle here. As of this morning, UK time, you can download the chance to have a go at capturing Kyogre. In addition, the code 20150007 will give you 2 Mega Starts for free. I used both ( Embarrassed ) to help me capture my final non-expert 'mon (Zoroark). Thumbs Up!

Keep enjoying and not paying, everyone! Grin
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Mar 2015 - 9:43

I'm getting close to buying a couple of jewels as I've now been stuck on mega Gengar for 3 days.. I've come close but have yet to succeed
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Mar 2015 - 10:38

I am currently stuck at Mega Glalie(?) at about 105 (?). I haven't got it below half way yet. Maybe I will use a jewel for it if I know I can beat it in an extra 5 turns, but I am not even close to that point yet. Kyogre was easy to catch.

I have put in near 10 hours on a game that cost nothing and has been fun. I really don't understand the critics hate for it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Mar 2015 - 10:56

I've only just started the game, just got to level 13 and so seems fun for a free title.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Mar 2015 - 11:17

Yeah Kyogre was really easy to catch, I had to do like 5 or 6 moves and the game did the rest
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 1:34

Been playing a bit of this today - it's a bit more generous with free jewels than I expected, so I've made it to level 44 today. It's a decent enough game, but it's so obviously designed around squeezing some cash from you, and that does affect my enjoyment of the game, all told. Meh
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 6:33

Jay's right. The game is designed to take either a long time or a lot of money. I've spent no money on it but it's eaten a lot of my time since its release. Why, I could have gotten further in a fair few other games... but I have only myself to blame for succumbing to Shuffle's addictive nature. Aww!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyTue 10 Mar 2015 - 17:46

Oh, it's definitely addictive, and I can already feel myself wanting to 100% this, but it's going to such a timesink because I'm not willing to pay hundreds of pounds to keep playing for as long as I want.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015 - 1:25

JayMoyles wrote:
Oh, it's definitely addictive, and I can already feel myself wanting to 100% this, but it's going to such a timesink because I'm not willing to pay hundreds of pounds to keep playing for as long as I want.

I will play this as far as free of cost will take me. I have something like 30+ hours over 3 consoles and love that 10-15 minutes here and there. It can be frustrating when you get stuck on a Pokemon, Mega Glailie for me right now, or my inability to beat the expert ones, but I just go back and get S rankings on earlier ones, which helps level up characters as well, which may help later on. I will not spend a single cent on this game - it is all about the self control. Cool
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015 - 10:23

I think seasoned gamers like us will exercise self-control in regards to spending money on this, but I do worry that the casual crowd will be throwing money at Pokemon Shuffle, which could lead to more F2P games like this. I don't want to see Nintendo head down that road, all told. Aww!
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015 - 11:59

JayMoyles wrote:
I think seasoned gamers like us will exercise self-control in regards to spending money on this, but I do worry that the casual crowd will be throwing money at Pokemon Shuffle, which could lead to more F2P games like this. I don't want to see Nintendo head down that road, all told. Aww!

I would have thought it wasn't really like the phone method, as you need to have money in your eAccount to begin with, so it isn't like little Sally can spend money and run up a $1000 bill. At least that is what I thought.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyWed 11 Mar 2015 - 17:35

Also wouldn't the parental controls of 3ds stop that from happening anyway?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 20:30

Mega Glalie is a big fanny. Otherwise I'm really liking this game - I'm enjoying it much more than Pokémon Link Battle.

Any tips for beating Mega Glalie, by the way? Have you managed it yet, oldschool?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptyThu 12 Mar 2015 - 20:49

I think I'm coming up to Mega Glailie - going through the ice world right now. I'd recommend using that Mega Start code Zero posted in the thread - having a Mega from the off really is helpful.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 EmptySat 14 Mar 2015 - 5:37

Right I'm right royally stuffed. I've spent the last of my coins and last jewel to try and beat Mega Mewtwo and failed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)   Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Shuffle (Nintendo Used Pay Day!)
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next