We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)

Go down 
+11
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
flora-chan
Athrun888
masofdas
Admin
Balladeer
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Silver light
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 17:29

andyman949 wrote:
I didn't even recognise any FE chars in the long trailer. Who is this game for again? I'm pretty sure it's gonna bomb.

It's definitely more heavily weighted towards the Persona side of things. Chrom is near unrecognisable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 15:14

Balladeer wrote:
Well, look at the first point this way: if I wasn't posting about this, I'd still be on the forum.  There's no "great social movement" opportunity cost here.  But I still think the comic applies: deal with the social injustices that matter to you.  (You may notice that I've been fairly active concerning Tory porkies on the forum as well...)  

And yes, the game could have a very good reason for why the girls in the trailer (this is before the swimsuit fanservice, which is at least equally dished out - still don't like it) have so much cleavage on show.  It's possible that I'll Feel Ashamed Of Words My And Deeds.  Possible.

I don't agree with counting the cleavage in the outfits as a strike against the game, mostly because the guys being in equally ridiculous outfits is the exact same thing and done for the exact same reasons. Fanservice.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 18:23

Honestly that didn't "pop out" to me as much as the ladies' did. But it's a strike against it regardless: I prefer games without fanservice at all.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptySat 12 Dec 2015 - 10:48

When this was announced it was SMT x FE as working title and then we saw it again there was bit of backlash as it's nothing like either of those games but more like Persona Cosplay Waifu Idol thing.

I've watched most of the trailers that have been coming in Japan as this is out on the 26th, and they start with Atlus x Fire Emblem or something along those lines. Then into trailer and ending on Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE logo.

If it was announced as Atlus x Fire Emblem and not SMT x FE would there been any backlash knowing the games Atlus make.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 15:14

This has been out for awhile in Japan now and hasn't sold very well but I'm hearing that lots are buying via the eShop as the load times on the digital version is far quicker.

On reviews, I've only seen famitsu's 34/40 which isn't bad and have watched some let plays of the game. It does look good to me, now just to wait till the western version also don't look at the DLC Balla it's so much fanservice.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 15:36

mas wrote:
On reviews, I've only seen famitsu's 34/40 which isn't bad

Ahhh Famitsu that very reliable review source. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 15:41

Well there only ones I've seen in Japan that have reviewed that I can find also why aren't they a reliable for a game that likely know about and when they ever give a 40/40 people still take notice.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 15:53

Their review system is really skewed especially how they go about about reviewing the games themselves, this article goes into it a bit more.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/famitsu-sucks
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 16:02

Lot of that a makes sense but I still take Famitsu fairly serious a bit that might be just it's this historical magical thing from Japan.

But we're going of the game which to me looks good from the let's plays I've seen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 16:08

You'll certainly know more about the game from watching an LP than looking at a score. Razz

Last edited by The_Jaster on Wed 30 Dec 2015 - 16:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 16:12

It's hard to tell what's going on as I don't know Japanese and neither does the guy playing it.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 20:55

Why don't you learn basic Japanese instead of saying that and play cool games with it well you at it. Naughty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2015 - 21:05

Even if I did, still wouldn't import a Japanese Wii U (which are still expensive in Japan) for one game which is coming to the west.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 11:19

Yay we have a English name Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE and a date for this, anyone think due to it just being sub there just like we need to get this out to get some money let's do a Sub instead of VO as it take to long and cost us more money.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 11:35

I'll be honest, with the crap I've heard going on with this game I'm sorely tempted to give it a miss. Stuff like Bravely Second's character models is one thing, this is quiet another. Don't get me wrong, I'm most certainly not in it for the fanservice, but if they can't handle the localization of an otaku oriented game without running through it with the most prudish paint brush I've seen in years I'm not interested. They're not going to stop until a line is drawn, and this is where I draw my line.

Someone in Nintendo is on some sort of moronic anti-human body crusade right now and it needs to be put to an end.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 12:52

I'm... pretty okay with that.  The fact that the game looks massively fan-servicey is one thing putting me off it.  Albeit it's probably not great for the game's main target audience.  I'm okay with it being dub-only too.

Admin. thread title change please?  How about "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (#tcksworstnightmare)"?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 13:46

I'm not, because this is an Atlus game.  If they can't tolerate some bare skin then I shudder to think how awful the game's story is going to be butchered.  Now I could be wrong since I've not been keeping up with the game in any way, but if it's anything like Persona and the smt spin-offs then, well, lets just say Nintendo's highly immature attitude towards this is going to make it a trash tier game.  

Either the fanservice was to keep in line with the industry proper and Nintendo is just being a bunch of wusses, or it's going to play in to some sort of storyline.  Either way the game's not worth bothering with at this point.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 16:41

Done! Grin With TCK's right to veto, natch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 18:48

Athrun888 wrote:
I shudder to think how awful the game's story is going to be butchered. . . Nintendo's highly immature attitude towards this is going to make it a trash tier game. . . the game's not worth bothering with at this point.

Just to clarify, this is what Athrun is referring to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 21:35

Shocked Could they not have found one better picture to put at the top of that article? Anywhere? In the world? No wonder this game's going down badly.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Mar 2016 - 7:00

Drunkalilly wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:
I shudder to think how awful the game's story is going to be butchered. . . Nintendo's highly immature attitude towards this is going to make it a trash tier game. . . the game's not worth bothering with at this point.

Just to clarify, this is what Athrun is referring to.

Gah, now you've gone and given me nightmares!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Mar 2016 - 13:03

I keep reading this "slippery slope" argument that if people have scrapped certain things then the story's more likely to suffer as a result. I'm not saying that's outright wrong, just... that the slope's not as slippery as some seem to think it is. A slightly rough slope.

I see two separate boxes: things that affect the main story and side-missions negatively, and things that can be changed without affecting any of them. Changing the cut of a girl's bikini isn't going to make a jot of difference to most games (and the ones it does probably aren't worth playing). Removing a petting minigame isn't either. Removing a key dark theme is.

Granted, an overzealous localisation can hit both. That seems to have happened to BSEL, sadly(?). But that's the localisers/whoever going right the way down the slippery bit of the slope, zooming over the gravel and down the rest of it, tearing their trousers open on the way down.

Bottom line is, I think that removing fanservice can be a sign that actually important things have been removed... but is just as likely to have been merely removing fanservice. I guess we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Mar 2016 - 14:29

Fair enough, although with this being an Atlus game I'll just say that if, big if, this takes after anything in the past produced by Atlus, the fanservice can actually tie in to character development and identity issues, which is why when I hear about it I can't help but raise an eyebrow. It probably isn't the case here, but being an atlus rpg I cannot say with complete confidence it isn't.

Even aside from that one has to ask why they bothered, the game's only going to appeal to the otaku and hardcore rpg gamers in the first place, and while I don't particularly care about the eye candy myself it is an undeniable selling point to that small but devoted audience.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptySat 5 Mar 2016 - 22:52

Wait so they have edited the characters for the West?

I've got no real issue with that, if anything like XCX it would have had a half naked 13 year old which we shouldn't have.

I'm still up for this as I like what I've played of Persona 4 Golden, I like Fire Emblem and don't mind the whole idol stuff also how many RPG's are there on the Wii U of a Japanese flavor about 2 (that aren't VC games). So as there's not many options for the genre on the Wii U, that also makes me want to get it.

Also who's handling the translation Nintendo or Atlus?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Apr 2016 - 10:14

Good news as this has come from someone in the treehouse

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was localized by Atlus in a way that is consistent with the localization work they do on games they publish. It was a priority to ensure the game feels familiar and appeals to longtime Atlus fans. Any changes made to the in-game content were due to varying requirements and regulations in the many different territories Nintendo distributes its products.

Hopefully that's a good thing and were getting the special edition in the west as well the game comes out in June, this could be one of the very last Wii U games I buy at retail as I've decide to not buy games for the console just because it's a game on the console sorry Star Fox Zero, you may get bought one day & kept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next