We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)

Go down 
+11
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
flora-chan
Athrun888
masofdas
Admin
Balladeer
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Silver light
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 10:34

CENSORSHIIIIIIP!

CENSORSHIIIIIIIIP!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 11:24

I say we men should rise up and demand male nudity be outlawed and censored as well! I'm tired of the objectification of our gender!

Don't really care either way, not like I was buying the game anyway. The rampant 90's level censorship was only ever just one reason of many. I am getting more than a little tired of all this childish censorship though, you'd think this was the Middle East with how phobic Nintendo is getting about this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 11:43

Athrun888 wrote:
I say we men should rise up and demand male nudity be outlawed (eh?) and censored as well!  I'm tired of the objectification of our gender!

Genuinely up for that, I hate all objectification.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 16:46

I'm the opposite of Balla; I just think we should ramp up objectification of men to the same level as women. At the same time, we should be treating a whole range of body shapes as desirable objects.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 18:17

Athrun888 wrote:
I say we men should rise up and demand male nudity be outlawed and censored as well!  I'm tired of the objectification of our gender!

Don't really care either way, not like I was buying the game anyway.  The rampant 90's level censorship was only ever just one reason of many.  I am getting more than a little tired of all this childish censorship though, you'd think this was the Middle East with how phobic Nintendo is getting about this.  

But it's not Nintendo it's Atlus.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 19:39

Lets not act like Atlus would be doing it on their own initiative. Their games frequently deal with sexual subjects (sexual identity in Persona 4, and of course the good ol' Love Hotel dungeon in Persona 3) and don't receive an ounce of censorship of either the content or the imagery.

Atlus may be the ones personally overseeing said censorship (which will hopefully mean the entire storyline doesn't end up sanitized), but lets not give Nintendo a free pass for something they're entirely responsible for. Atlus may be the brush being used but we all know this is because of a directive from Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 26 Apr 2016 - 19:41

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm the opposite of Balla; I just think we should ramp up objectification of men to the same level as women. At the same time, we should be treating a whole range of body shapes as desirable objects.

The pictures I've seen would suggest that there are as many men in swimsuits as women, but all of them with washboard abs.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyWed 27 Apr 2016 - 18:35

I've preordered mine, as the game does look good and I don't care if the girls are wearing more clothes as long as the game is good also this might be one of the last Wii U games.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptySat 11 Jun 2016 - 13:25

I have got the limited edition of this so looking forward to having it and play this as waited along time for it to come on the Wii U
people can complain as much as they want about it but it is what it is! I have read more info on wiki what the game is about and how it been made that way. Try reading it sometime to understand before judging the game itself like a idiot with no clue what going on.

am I looking forward to playing this? well yes by all means of fire emblem, SMT and persona mix in one I can't complain Thumbs Up!
the first trailer of characters doesn't mean anything of the game itself, it's just showing images of the past games the end! Bounce

background: persona
demons: SMT
characters: Fire Emblem

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2016 - 17:17

Review scores are dropping - here's the God Is A Geek review. It sounds really good - the reviews I've read so far may have talked me into getting the game. I love me a quirky RPG. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2016 - 17:50

Mine should be here any day now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyWed 22 Jun 2016 - 19:33

Genuinely intrigued now. Possibly because of the yawning void of decent Wii U titles, but still - it's reviewing better than I expected. (I don't know what I expected.)

I'll still have to battle with my loathing of fanservice, but the fact that things have been slightly toned back for the Western release makes me keener. Oh-ho yes, that's right: I'm more likely to buy this because of censorship! I'm the Internet's worst nightmare!

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 Raw
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016 - 22:53

Mine is here, just read a article about how this game has been sent out to die which I think might ring true as Nintendo haven't really got behind there highest rated game of the year on metacrtic but did Star Fox Zero which has flopped.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 1:12

There's only so far you can get behind something like this though, it's not an established series over here like Star Fox and therefore doesn't have much appeal beyond those who already had it on their radar.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 6:39

They've barely done anything with it though and could have done so much more with the game.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016 - 10:45

I was thinking about this; I remember the first trailer from that Direct last year. As the Smurf said, I don't know what you can do to market this to people who weren't already interested. I already assume this game isn't for me, but I can't think of any way to show this off that doesn't sound like someone shouting "wee-a-boos only!".
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016 - 11:05

Well some sort of ads on sites, maybe put in a trailer from the makers of Persona comes Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE as who knows what Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is as it now doesn't have either name of Shin Megami Tensei or Fire Emblem (okay it sort of does) on the box now which both of those series have a decent fan-bases and I've seen ads for both of those and Persona 5 is ridiculously hyped, also XCX had plenty of coverage as well.

But I say all this and the game even flopped in Japan where it would have done the numbers but did come out in December not sure if that has any affected.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 18:06

As I've just started Chapter 2 of the game after about ten hours of play, I thought I'd update those folks who wanted to be updated about the game. Thumbs Up!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 19:20

It's basically Persona, so I'm certain you'll continue to enjoy it, Zero. Persona's a cracker of an RPG series.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 6:05

I'm now almost at the halfway point and, well, Jay was right. It's a really solid, happy game, with my main issue being that I'm seeing the Game Over screen a lot when fighting bosses (which I'm taking to mean that the difficulty curve is a bit patchy, rather than I'm bad at adapting tactics on the fly Embarrassed (suspiciously specific denial alert!)). More mechanics have been introduced and the cast of playable characters has grown, too - to the point where one of my most useful team members is

Spoiler:

It's recommended to RPG fans who still have their Wii U plugged in and can find it cheap. Tongue
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyTue 20 Feb 2018 - 18:26

Decided to do another let's play today of Chapter 1, I'm almost 2hrs into the recording and I know from playing Persona I've still got more to do and the light on the gamepad has come on.

Thankfully I've got to a decent spot to finish the recording and has been fun this far into the game that is stopping me from playing Fire Emblem Path of Radiance as my current retro or is this case last gen go to game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 23:21

Thankfully I didn't get far with this as I'm all over this enhanced port to Switch and I think it's coming January.

I feel it's still Japanese VO but has new songs etc
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 7:19

Announcement of the Direct for me, which says more about the Direct than about this but there you go. After Zero's glowing praise I regretted not picking this up on Wii U, so I'm pleased about this!

(That's a musical sharp by the way.)
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 16:50

I enjoyed it on Wii U - it was a little rough around the edges, but totally unique (despite some (quite a lot of) tedious JRPG character tropes), and played like a more light-hearted Persona.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 23:33

This was one that quite a few of us had said would be ideal for a port to Switch, so it's good to see that it's on its way. I still can't over edgelord Chrom, though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)   Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Looking # on Switch)
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next