We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) Empty
PostSubject: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 22:07

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) Hvgf3xs3tyk56okmywvx

Yeah this looks brilliant.

Original OP:

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 14 Jun 2016 - 19:30; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyWed 23 Jan 2013 - 22:26

I'd like to see something set in Termina, I always felt there was a lot to the world that wasnt explored in Majoras Mask
Back to top Go down
Darunia
Copyright Claimed by Nintendo
Darunia

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:06

Gwyn400 wrote:
I'd like to see something set in Termina, I always felt there was a lot to the world that wasnt explored in Majoras Mask
I feel that it would defeat the purpose of Termina to revisit it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 19:26

No motion controls, please!

Thank you. Though if you're going to use the Wii Remote + Nunchuk setup, I wouldn't object to pointer controls for the inevitable inclusion of Link's bow.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 22:36

Stu_the_great wrote:
No motion controls, please!
I'd settle for optional motion controls, I think. I can see the idea behind it, and the MotionPlus does work alright, but part of the reason I play videogames is that I'm too crap at these physical actions in reality.

As for the actual game, I'd like one big landmass, having just done Skyward Sword and soon to be Wind Waking in HD. If they are going to make it a bit more freeform, as Aonuma-san suggested, then I assume it'll be like this. Having played Oblivion and Skyrim in the last couple of years this has whetted my apetite for this sort of thing (however, those games end up being too sprawling and eventually lose their sparkle; I trust Nintendo to realise and avoid this).

He also mentioned possible co-op; that's OK as long as it's an optional way of playing, i.e. it's not just a multiplayer game e.g. Four Swords (not that I didn't like it, I just want a big proper Zelda game).

Other than that... whatever, baby.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 23:51

I know it won't happen on wii U but I'd love a top-down 2D Zelda game again, they have always been my favourites out of any of the Zelda games as they (IMO) just give you a better sense of exploration.

So yeah, more freedom to explore is what I want.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyThu 24 Jan 2013 - 23:59

I remember NGamer asking this in one of their forum Big Issues ahead of Skyward Sword, and I said something like 'Steel Cage matches and the Master League'. Some of that, ta.

If the plan is to completely change the way we think about playing Zelda, then that's cool. I'll go into it with an open mind. My track record with the series is poor though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 7:13

Hmmm. If we're going to have a more open world, I'd like to see the dungeons become even more Metroid-like: y'know, a scrap of progress in this one, get an item, get further in that one you abandoned yesterday, etc.

Jimbob's optional motion controls is a great idea, as more options can only be a good thing. Also, even more back references to previous games - that was my favourite part about Skyward Sword.

Finally, a spear. Link must have a spear in this adventure.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 7:51

If we're talking about items, I'd like to see the Spinner make a reappearance. Actually I wouldn't mind arming Link with something else (spear, lance, scythe - anything sharp fits).

More exploration is always good. I'd love a free-flying mount (not one that splits the game world in two like in SS), but failing that a new variant on Epona will suffice. Maybe a landed dragon?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 9:47

umm this might be a bit controversial voices, maybe not link but other charcters. i wouldnt mind coop like oneis link the other midna or who ever the other charcter is
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:03

ZeroJones wrote:
Jimbob's optional motion controls is a great idea, as more options can only be a good thing. Also, even more back references to previous games - that was my favourite part about Skyward Sword.

Optional control schemes could dilute the overall design of the stages, though. Puzzles would have to either accommodate both schemes, or if we're going to speculate like nobody's ever speculated before: offer two different sets of puzzles/scenarios based on the control scheme in use. I can't see optional control schemes being feasible (unless they boil motion controls back down to how they were in Twilight Princess).
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 25 Jan 2013 - 19:20

And nobody wants that.

Maybe just using the pad would be the safer, less upsetting option. That doesn't mean I want it though!
Back to top Go down
Solve My Maze
Wii U Port
Solve My Maze

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptySun 10 Feb 2013 - 18:50

If it wasn't a motion plus controlled game, I would at least like the option to be able to play with the Pro controller mainly because of the battery life of the Gamepad. I know you can plug it in whilst charging but a new Zelda is going to kill the lifespan of that battery.

I'd love to see Midna somehow make an appearance, so a direct sequel to TP would be right up my street. Having said that, the immediate events right after SS would be great too. Not too sure about a spear right enough, although maybe a return of the bombchus!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyTue 12 Feb 2013 - 19:22

masofdas wrote:
umm this might be a bit controversial voices, maybe not link but other charcters. i wouldnt mind coop like oneis link the other midna or who ever the other charcter is
I agree with you there - if there's going to be a co-op mode, it's probably best if you play as different characters, with e.g. different abilities. If you're all Link, you're at the mercy of the most skilled player (note: I am not that person).

Stu (too lazy to set up other quote) does raise a good point in that you'd have to have the pad replicate the M+ moveset; having said that I wouldn't want the answer to every puzzle to be "no, move your sword that way". With regards to the WiiU gamepad, I'm reminded of Matthew Castle's GRUK podcast appearance... it was either him or Matt Cundy that suggested Link receives the Tea Tray of Destiny, with which to clonk Ganon over the head. Clonk. Clonk clonk. Actually this douns like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 11:37

Bumpity bump bump, since it seems to be a given that this will be at E3 now.

I've ditched my desire for Motion+ controls. While I'd still be happy to see them, I really want a game that will make the gamepad feel key now, and I think that Zelda's the franchise to do it. Much though I lambast PH, it did touch-screen controls very well; SS did the same with Motion+; and ALBW did some lovely stuff with 3D. Hopefully Nintendo can think of something beyond inventory management, map-marking, or a home console version of the DS Zeldas.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 11:55

I just want a sense of grandeur. An epic plot, a really big world, nice graphics. Regarding gameplay, I trust Nintendo to deliver. They know what I want better than I do.

Mas said about voices and I'm inclined to agree. Link didn't even speak in text, so there's no danger of him getting a silly voice. But Nintendo relying on text boxes in this day and age feels ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 13:30

I'm always concerned about Ninty adding voice acting into their core franchises. I mean, they've a precedent of cocking it up...

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) Hqdefault

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) Bowser-jr-2

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) Gandrayda_MP3
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 14:07

Hey I liked Bowser Juniors voice, I am weary of them adding voices to the Zelda series its just never going to live up to what your imagination has come up with throughout all these years.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 15:32

Bowser Junior was the least horrid of those three, I'll grant you that.

I'm sure that in all likelihood if there was voice acting in Zelda that Nintendo would handle it well enough. I just can't see it happening though - too much text and too great a cost.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 16:43

JayMoyles wrote:
I just can't see it happening though - too much text and too great a cost.

Agreed. Perhaps they'll have voice acting at key moments, like in the Professor Layton games.
Back to top Go down
Kieron
F-Zero Rookie
Kieron

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptyFri 16 May 2014 - 18:21

I'd like to see a HD top down Zelda game, with maybe 'Four Swords' elements in their.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptySat 17 May 2014 - 13:22

Now you're talking my language, though sadly too many folk would probably turn their noses up at this & it'd be too much of a risk to do on wii U at this time.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptySat 17 May 2014 - 13:47

When you break the pots, they stay broken forever.
Back to top Go down
Kieron
F-Zero Rookie
Kieron

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptySat 17 May 2014 - 15:58

The Wind Waker art style please. I don't want the next Zelda to look like a smudged mess in 10 years time. Twilight Princess, I'm looking at you.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) EmptySat 17 May 2014 - 16:12

I'd like to see them do something new with the art style, like they did for SS.  Definitely don't want them to go back to trying for "realism", but wouldn't begrudge it them too much given that we haven't had a "realistic" Zelda since TP.  Just don't make it all as faded and bloomy as that ta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 1 of 33Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next