We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tired Old Hack

Go down 
+10
gjones
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Buskalilly
masofdas
Jimbob
Dead Lemon
Balladeer
ZeroJones
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Tired Old Hack - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyMon 9 Jan 2017 - 12:54

Balladeer wrote:
I definitely don't, I'm struggling under the weight of all the podcasts I listen to.  But Scullion, doing a podcast, with no Souls mentions (especially after Podquisition's 2016 Souls Love-In of which I skipped half)?  Going to have to make listening time for that!

Drunkalilly wrote:
I don't care how annoying people who like Dark Souls are: there's no way we're as tedious as people repeating jokes about us going on about Dark Souls. If it's just that one tweet, that's one thing, but Scullo makes it a running theme I don't think I'd be able to listen. How many times are Mario, Zelda or COD mentioned in games discussion? Mad

My first thought when I saw that tweet is he's just inviting Souls fans to send him weekly questions about it & I'm tempted to send some myself even though he'd likely not read them out.

So if he hadnt said anything it probably wouldnt have crossed my mind.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyMon 9 Jan 2017 - 21:28

Drunkalilly wrote:
I don't care how annoying people who like Dark Souls are: there's no way we're as tedious as people repeating jokes about us going on about Dark Souls. If it's just that one tweet, that's one thing, but Scullo makes it a running theme I don't think I'd be able to listen. How many times are Mario, Zelda or COD mentioned in games discussion? Mad

Good, good... Let the hatred flow through you... Soon you'll see how I feel. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 17:14

Yer man Scullion's impressions of Le Switch. He's been hands-on, dontchaknow.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 19:29

Nice write up, found it interesting that he sees it more of a handheld than a console but I guess most will prefer it one or the other.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 20:28

I agree with Chris from what I've been watching and reading from lots of people including Nintendo and I do see it more as a handheld then home system, yet I will use it more as a home console.

This a benefit of a Hybrid.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 19:16

Has anyone got an earful of the Tired Old Hack podcast(s)? I've run my ears over the two that are out on iTunes so far and they're good. Thumbs Up! I'm worried that it's going to be unmissable. Winky Face

Pod 1 and Pod 2.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 19:52

I've been listening so far (you might have heard my name in there already Winky Face) and thoroughly enjoyed. I particularly liked Chris and Kate's dicscussion of different types of player. Balla is obviously a bit of a Chris. Personally I think I'm somewhere in the middle.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 20:53

Yes! Luke Friend Of Boars, wasn't it? Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 11:39

I'm listening to the podcast now but I saw this on the site. Which I agree with 100% and to me is what the Switch is.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 12:54

I can definitely see where he's coming from but not sure that I agree fully, it's not one or the other it's both & for me at least it sounds better when you tell someone "you can take your console games on the go" rather than "you can play your handheld games on the TV" the latter out of those two makes it sound very weak in my book.

It's perfectly fine to prefer one aspect of it over the other but I think if Nintendo pushed it as a handheld then some might start to spin that as them getting out of the console business. The overall message of Anytime, anywhere, with anyone is a good one.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Fri 20 Jan 2017 - 16:23; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 13:54

The slogan is almost like the one I was saying for years and is a good one but the mainstream message is its a console and that for a lot people and even on here have started to compare it to PS4 etc

Yet it isn't that, if you took way everything in the box part from the actual Switch, what you would have is tablet like portable only thing that makes it a console is a dock which is a processor and a HDMI-out.

I personally will be using mine as console 90% of the time but I can see the Switch for what it is.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 14:05

Yeah it should be compared to the VITA more than the PS4. They'll be similar power and it would stop negative bastards like Colin Moriarty insisting that Nintendo do everything Sony and Microsoft do on their consoles. I mean, the App through your phone to do voice chat is clearly designed to accommodate being out and about - you're not going to sit there with a hefty headset on in public (or would you?). Also takes away any strain that may have on both bandwidth and hardware resource.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 14:45

gjones wrote:
Yeah it should be compared to the VITA more than the PS4. They'll be similar power and it would stop negative bastards like Colin Moriarty insisting that Nintendo do everything Sony and Microsoft do on their consoles. I mean, the App through your phone to do voice chat is clearly designed to accommodate being out and about - you're not going to sit there with a hefty headset on in public (or would you?). Also takes away any strain that may have on both bandwidth and hardware resource.

Well yeah as look at some of the games I Am Setsuna it's a VITA game, Dragon Quest Heroes its the VITA version, Rayman Legends will use the touch screen controls which can be only used in handheld mode like the Wii U version.

Those are examples just of the top of my head. I'm a big Kinda Funny fan (even looked into how much it would cost to San Francisco) and watching this weeks Colin is right, I do get some of his points and like Chris brings up in his piece Nintendo are marketing it as a console and Colin is looking at it as Console and he's not the only one Jim Sterling has the same views as Colin.

This a top video game personality's like them or not with a big fanbases, which the negatively may trickle down their fans of course Jim is on his own where Colin is part of Kinda Funny which Tim is a massive Nintendo fanboy and Greg is sort in-between the two of them.

He is a jilted lover when it comes to Nintendo but why he likes Nintendo when you listen to him isn't really Nintendo though which you would get from the Top 100 games video.

The App is a odd one as I get it as like you say could sort something like we do on twitter with Overwatch but for Splatoon 2 on it and we even use Skype for Overwatch even though we all should have the crappy headset which comes with a PS4 to voice chat and I've never known why we've done that.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 16:39

mas wrote:
but I can see the Switch for what it is.

A hybrid device.

mas wrote:
The App is a odd one as I get it as like you say could sort something like we do on twitter with Overwatch but for Splatoon 2 on it and we even use Skype for Overwatch even though we all should have the crappy headset which comes with a PS4 to voice chat and I've never known why we've done that.

I thought the app was quite a clever idea like their own version of skype/discord & the reason why you probably haven't used in game chat for Overwatch is because its like speaking/listening through a tin can in comparison. (not just for Overwatch all in game chat for online games is terrible)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyFri 20 Jan 2017 - 16:50

It is a hybrid device but Nintendo are marketing it as a Home Console.

I've used in game chat a few times on Xbox One and its always been fine but people have said its due to how good your cans are and the standard headset that comes out of the box is pretty rubbish.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 7:41

So Tired Old Hack podcast episode 3 is now out. Guess whose question is asked first?! Dance
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 8:14

Ah, the week where I'll find out if I'm just going to listen when there's a good guest on, or if Chris can carry it on his own...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 9:44

ZeroJones wrote:
So Tired Old Hack podcast episode 3 is now out. Guess whose question is asked first?! Dance

Best one yet as it starts with a clip from Shenmue
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 20:04

Zero, you've got to stop using the GNamer twitter account instead of your own Laughing
You're confusing poor Scullion now as well!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:03

Maybe, but I'm keen to get the forum name out there! We do good work and I'd like people to know that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 19:30

Anyone else listening to and enjoying the TOH podcast? Following the slow death of TRP, this now feels like the closest thing to the NGamer spirit out there, or the good bits of CVG-as-was. Funny, irreverent, and largely about Nintendo at the moment. It comes recommended. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 20:15

Yeah I'm enjoying it, though I do hope he's going to stick to better guests, ep 3 was pretty rough having someone who just wanted to echo everything he says.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 20:17

True enough - I watch it for the Scullion, the guests sort of fade into the background. Although having three female guests (if you count Louise) is a nice boost for gender equality in the medium.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 20:49

It's alright, yeah. Not my favourite gaming podcast but it has a slightly different feel, especially the Louise episodes. Nice stuff.
Back to top Go down
Chris Scullion
Ejected into the Lava
Chris Scullion

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 EmptyTue 7 Feb 2017 - 21:02

Just noticed all this chat for little old me. Cheers guys, really appreciate you checking out the podcast and the site in general.

As you might be able to tell, I'm still finding my feet a wee bit with the podcast. I agree that not all my guests so far have had the strongest of personalities but I suppose that's on me to bring the best out of them. I've got some good guests lined up for future episodes, starting with Mike Jackson (former NOM, ONM and CVG).

Although I was on the ONM and CVG podcasts as well as Chat Very Good, this is the first time I've properly hosted a gaming podcast so it'll take me a few episodes to get up and running. I promise I'll get there though, and if some of you are enjoying it already that bodes well for when I actually know what I'm doing Winky Face

Thanks again guys.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://tiredoldhack.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tired Old Hack   Tired Old Hack - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tired Old Hack
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: GNamer Gaming News-