We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Meet the Admin. Team

Go down 
+16
Katie Hopkins
Treesmurf
NintenDUCK
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Dead Lemon
Admin
ZeroJones
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
masofdas
oldschool
JayMoyles
Balladeer
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 15:44

A couple of years in a row now, I've wanted to play Last Window over Christmas. I never finished Hotel Dusk though, so I want to play that first and I always forget until too late in the year to play both. Duh!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Katie Hopkins
Chuffster
Katie Hopkins

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 10:40

Super Mario Run became Nintendo's first proper mobile game last month. Is mobile gaming causing the death of the industry?
I hope so, then you all might go outside and get jobs.

Which games remind you of Christmas?
Batman: Arkham Origins. I like this one because Batman throttles criminals and isn't a sissy liberal.

Tell us something good that happened to you in 2016.
Brexit! Trump! Lots of perverts and weirdos died! What a glorious year!

Picross 3D Round 2 bamboozled us on 3DS last month - what's the toughest puzzle you've solved in a video game?
How to switch it off and do something useful instead.

2016 saw a lot of beloved celebrities pass away. Which celebrity would you bring back to us, if you could?
Obviously good ol' Adolf.

It's time for 2017! Have you made any New Year's Resolutions?
Of course not, I don't need to change. I'm perfect.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 19:12

A smidge late with all the awards season fun going on, but it's once again time to meet your makers admins!

James "Jay" Moyles:

Simon "ZeroJones" Ball:

Questions:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 19:44

Trump has certainly had a hell of a first week as President, to put it lightly. What would you do in your first week as President or Prime Minister?
Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 6b8ada296e02dcf722cda89c7e112d18ca863795c593d9cf61cb3ddd7d20762b

The Switch has been fully announced to the world in a stunning launch event. What game do you want Nintendo to shockingly announce as a secret launch title for the Switch?
Beyond Good and Evil 2, just to be announced already

Resident Evil VII saw a classic series make the leap into VR. If the VR on Switch rumours are true, what classic Nintendo game, if any, would you like to see in VR? The best experiences have been experiences not games, that I reckon something Pokemon based like a Hey You Pikachu would work best

Dragon Quest VIII marched on to the 3DS last month. What was the last quest you went on?
Trying to sell my PSVR, dam it was hardwork but finally sold this evening

Production of the Wii U ended last month. Wiill U miss it?
Not really as most of the best games will be on Switch

Fire Emblem Heroes was announced last month. How important could and should mobile gaming be to The Big N?
It seems very and could be great if the Switch does replace the 3DS, that Nintendo can still have two pillars and use like Pokemon Go to S&M a gateway drug.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptySat 4 Feb 2017 - 19:50

masofdas wrote:
use like Pokemon Go to S&M a gateway drug.

Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 200_s
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 11:01

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptySun 5 Feb 2017 - 19:21

Trump has certainly had a hell of a first week as President, to put it lightly. What would you do in your first week as President or Prime Minister?
I'd be a crap leader of a country, too afraid of burning bridges to do anything useful. But in an idealised world, I'd abolish all energy subsidies to coal and oil companies, and give that money to the renewable sector. Then lambaste the international community for not doing likewise.

The Switch has been fully announced to the world in a stunning launch event. What game do you want Nintendo to shockingly announce as a secret launch title for the Switch?
For the people: Dark Souls Trilogy
For me: Meteos Switch
I'm nothing if not a self-stereotype. Very Happy

Resident Evil VII saw a classic series make the leap into VR. If the VR on Switch rumours are true, what classic Nintendo game, if any, would you like to see in VR?
None. I get motion-sick anyway. Drunka mentions F-Zero, I can just imagine turning Green Plant into Green Track as I speed around at thousands of kph, with my body feeling none of the effects. Jay's Metroid Prime is probably the only good answer, but even then, just give me a Metroid Prime 4. I don't need or want Retro trying to jump-scare me with Chozo Ghosts to show off VR.

Dragon Quest VIII marched on to the 3DS last month. What was the last quest you went on?
To find a parcel that had apparently been delivered from overseas (this'll be going into 'Last Thing You Bought' shortly). Involved several epic treks (to the post office), and the ARG element of trying to find out how to actually track the damn thing. The final part of the quest, and the pay-off, came when I delivered the contents today to its two recipients, for one of which it was a surprise. The result: more Gratitude Crystals than Batreaux would know what to do with. Verdict: worth it.

Production of the Wii U ended last month. Wiill U miss it?
It's definitely time to move on, and the Switch will take the Gamepad idea to a new level. But I liked the Gamepad, and I'm sad that Miiverse is being canned, and SSBU remains in my top ten games ever. Aye, I'll miss it.

Fire Emblem Heroes was announced last month. How important could and should mobile gaming be to The Big N?
Drunka said it as it is. I remain worried that it'll be more than that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 19:26

Half of your admin team is a bit distracted today... but nonetheless, let's Meet the Admins!

James "Jay" Moyles:

Simon "ZeroJones" Ball:

Questions:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 19:42

JayMoyles wrote:
T2, otherwise known as Trainspotting 2 came out last month and was rather good by all accounts. What else is just as good now as it was twenty years ago?

Not Super Mario 64, that's for sure!

So hurtful. Aww! Proper answers later, if I can drag myself away from BotW...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 19:44

Ach, I could say the same for a lot of early 3D games - 3D gaming has been vastly improved on since then, natch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 21:20

Fire Emblem Heroes was released on iOS and Android last month. What was your first non-DLC in-game purchase?

I don't think I've ever played a game containing microtransactions, let alone shelled out for one.  Take that, industry! Very Happy

Labour won one and lost one in by-elections last month. Tell us about your proudest gaming victory and your most crushing gaming defeat.

My proudest gaming victory?  Tough one, but I remember being ignored in an online game of four-player Brawl to the point where I was able to fully charge Luigi's Green Missile, cannoning into the back of a stationary Meta Knight and KO-ing him.  If not exactly proud, it made me laugh out loud, and I won the match too.

Most crushing gaming defeat was getting absolutely thrashed on Rainbow Road in Super Circuit by a schoolfriend.  Practically lapped me.  I've never forgiven him.  Never.

Tank Troopers arrived, fanfare-free, on the 3DS eShop last month. What games have you had to ignore whilst saving for a new console in the past?

(whistles, shuffles awkwardly, tries to hide job in finance)

The Trump trainwreck trundles onwards - let us know about a time somebody you know made an absolute balls-up of something they were trying to achieve.

A former friend tried to organise a route for a bunch of us writers to walk around London for the day.  When I went to do it with her as a trial run, it turned out that she'd not considered the small matter of distances.  Royal fuck-up.  (This is the former friend from Dear Daisy, incidentally...)

Switchmas dawns on us, and hype levels are reaching fever pitch here on GNamer. What's the first thing you're going to do with your shiny new Switch, or if you're not planning to get one at any point, let us know why!

I made a Mii of myself with teal hair and bright green eyes.  Not before time, I'm just sad there aren't more ridiculous anime haircuts.

T2, otherwise known as Trainspotting 2 came out last month and was rather good by all accounts. What else is just as good now as it was twenty years ago?

Gaming, especially Nintendo gaming.  It's better.  It's shinier, bigger, and the quality hasn't noticeably diminished.  Come at me Zero!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 22:18

Fire Emblem Heroes was released on iOS and Android last month. What was your first non-DLC in-game purchase?
This is a hard one as I've not played a lot of mobile that games I've bought stuff is DLC, but I guess Loot Boxes for Overwatch may count but I think I must have bougth something like that before now

Labour won one and lost one in by-elections last month. Tell us about your proudest gaming victory and your most crushing gaming defeat.
The Overwatch lads will know this but I've got a mug/cup for winning at Mortal Kombat II but also in the same fighting tournament I lost rather quickly in Street Fighter II.

Tank Troopers arrived, fanfare-free, on the 3DS eShop last month. What games have you had to ignore whilst saving for a new console in the past?
Must have been a few over the years but can't really remember them but a game which came out late in the PS3 life I would have liked to play was Yakuza 5 but by the time it came out I was a good few years into the PS4.

The Trump trainwreck trundles onwards - let us know about a time somebody you know made an absolute balls-up of something they were trying to achieve.
No Comment

Switchmas dawns on us, and hype levels are reaching fever pitch here on GNamer. What's the first thing you're going to do with your shiny new Switch, or if you're not planning to get one at any point, let us know why!
Make accounts for all the main 3 regions

T2, otherwise known as Trainspotting 2 came out last month and was rather good by all accounts. What else is just as good now as it was twenty years ago? Lots of things but a game that still holds up better then most from 1997 is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyFri 3 Mar 2017 - 22:56

I don't think I've ever bought an in-game purchase. I rarely buy digital and if I do, it's because it was a full game in a sale. G "tightwad" Jones be the name - paying next to nothing is my game (or should that be 'for my')

Beating both Rayman Origins and Legends I'm proud of, as 2D platformers have never been my thing (and both games are challenging). Saying that, I had a good few games of PES recently whereby I have picked lesser teams (read: Southampton) and online players always pick bloody Real Madrid or Barcelona. Nonetheless, I schooled them and it felt BRILLIANT. Crushing defeat? Can't think of any tbh.

I missed out on the N64's final year (2001) due to moving over to the Dreamcast, and I do kinda regret that. I effectively missed out on the Switch today because I opted for the PS4 back in November and couldn't justify the purchase of two systems so close to each other. Zelda looks better than anything on PS4 and I've struggled with the PS4 games I've played.

A work colleague recently sent an email to 62,000 people and the "event sign-up" link was broken. Idiot.

I don't have one but plan on getting one at SOME point. Likely 2018 as I need to catch up with PS4 stuff.

Not a lot, but Japanese video games have had a superb 2017.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptySat 4 Mar 2017 - 19:58

As always, writing mine before reading any others:

Spoiler:

Having now read other people's:
Zero wrote:
I saw T2 (not that T2, Drunka)

Laughing
I'm glad my personal brand is so strong.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 5:01

Drunkalilly wrote:

I remember a time playing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate with Jay and Andy. It was a high-rank quest, but me and Jay were both rocking low rank gear. Andy on the other hand was in top tier G Rank kit. Me and Jay delivered all the stones required to complete the quest, and we killed the Deviljho who had attacked us. Andy on the other hand got knocked out by some drone dinosaurs.

Andy's most crushing defeat, but our finest hour. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 16:43

It's another month, and it's a Switch special with this edition of Meet the Admins!

James "Jay" Moyles:

Simon "ZeroJones" Ball:

Questions:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 21:18

Switchtastic!

Snipperclips was released on the Nintendo Switch last month. Where is the nearest pair of scissors to you right now?
Drawers behind me. Making me a very simple slasher film villain.

Snake Pass was released on the Nintendo Switch last month. Why did it have to be snakes?
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I HAVE HAD IT WITH THESE MUTHAF**KIN' SNAKES IN THIS MUTHAF**KIN' GAME!

Super Bomberman R was released on the Nintendo Switch last month. What's the most disappointing launch game you've ever played?
Trine 2. It's got quite a lot of competition, mind: the ISS I got with the Gamecube, Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, and 12S is only not up there because I knew it'd be kinda bad. But Trine 2 is the worst of those, and by extension snatches the wooden spoon, runs away with it, and drops it in a cow pat.

I am Setsuna is set entirely on a series of snow-covered islands. What's your favourite snow/winter level or world in a game?
Ooft, tough one! Snowpeak Ruins springs to mind immediately (it's a dungeon, but it's also a house! Plus that sledding game), and Jay's suggestion is also a very good shout.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild successfully managed to take Zelda into an open-world. What game series should try out the open world format?
Super Smash Bros. All those franchises to explore! Love

Fast RMX sped its way onto Switch last month, giving Nintendo fans an F-Zero style fix. Why do you think Nintendo has not revived F-Zero?
Somebody showed Miyamoto some Captain Falcon and Samurai Goroh fanart from their 'special folder'.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 23:01

As ever, not ready anyone else's as I write mine.

Snipperclips was released on the Nintendo Switch last month. Where is the nearest pair of scissors to you right now?
Probably the kitchen, but there may be a pair in the draw which I've broken the handle off of and can't get into. In that case, there may be some scissors mere inches from me.

Snake Pass was released on the Nintendo Switch last month. Why did it have to be snakes?
As a backlash to the SJW movement forcing female protagonists down our throats, the snake represents a penis.

Super Bomberman R was released on the Nintendo Switch last month. What's the most disappointing launch game you've ever played?
I've actually had really good luck with launch games. I'm going to try Ryse out soon on my XBox though, so watch this space.

I am Setsuna is set entirely on a series of snow-covered islands. What's your favourite snow/winter level or world in a game?
The Painted World of Ariamis.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild successfully managed to take Zelda into an open-world. What game series should try out the open world format?
Monster Hunter! Well, not quite open world, but more seamless movement within individual maps and that would be cool in this day and age.

Fast RMX sped its way onto Switch last month, giving Nintendo fans an F-Zero style fix. Why do you think Nintendo has not revived F-Zero?
Putting my boring hat on, I think they'd need to outsource a big HD F-Zero to a more experienced team in that genre, akin to getting SEGA in on F-Zero GX. It's probably just the fact that they haven't made a deal with the right team as of yet. Fast RMX is really good, by the way, though it lacks the character of F-Zero.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 23:05

Good pick for the open world question. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 14:16

Above me in a cupboard

Because no one wants a game just underwater with eels

Perfect Dark Zero comes to mind but as someone who's bought like every system at launch since the GBA, I know the launch games are likely always going to be muh and a launch 8.1 isn't the same as a 8.1 five years later.

Snowpeak Ruins

My honest answer is don't, we've had loads of open-world games of late and some seem to be open-world for the sake of it. I sooner someone made a game they want to make and if it is open-world then great but if not then that's also great.

But I do think Monster Hunter would work.

No idea as they say they need to add something new but is Splatoon 2 really adding anything new that change the game, it's just going to be a great sequel.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 16:50

masofdas wrote:

My honest answer is don't, we've had loads of open-world games of late and some seem to be open-world for the sake of it. I sooner someone made a game they want to make and if it is open-world then great but if not then that's also great.

This is a good answer. I hate games that have a generic open world, andall the subsequent busywork, tacked on in lieu of actual level design. I'll always prefer a good 8-hour experience to 40 hours wondering around a samey Assassin's Creed clone.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 18:46

In the kitchen BECAUSE KIDS.

I like the look of this. Snakes are hugely underrepresented in video games and judging by games like Deadly Creatures, the way a snake moves has never really been mastered until now.

Never had a console at launch but did own a Japanese DS in 2004 - Super Mario 64 was a right arse to play, but calling that disappointing is harsh. I'm going to go with Sonic Adventure.

[insert masturbatory quote about Shenmue].

Agree with Mas regarding open world games, but I'd quite like to see a new Splinter Cell done in the vein of Metal Gear Solid. I miss Mr. Fisher...

Because they give zero f's about it *gets coat*. Joking aside, there's not a big market for futuristic racing games these days, which is odd given how many more gamers there are than there were in 2004.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 19:06

I always keep scissors with me in case I see any Frenchy Birds

They wanted to use the only creature capable of digesting Frenchy Birds.

Frency Bird. It launched me into a deep depression.

No game has managed to numb me with such approximation to a blustery wintry night as Frenchy Bird.

Frenchy Bird, so Drunka has to spend several hours playing that bollocks again.

The Frenchy Bird dev is too busy to shit on F-zero currently.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 21:10

Drunkalilly wrote:
masofdas wrote:

This is a good answer. I hate games that have a generic open world, andall the subsequent busywork, tacked on in lieu of actual level design. I'll always prefer a good 8-hour experience to 40 hours wondering around a samey Assassin's Creed clone.

Which is why, surely, you choose a franchise whose developer won't allow that? Nintendo have shown what they can do with open-world games, and I'd love them to have another crack at it now. MonolithSoft... less so.

gjones wrote:

Because they give zero f's about it *gets coat*.

Applause
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 15:38

Muss wrote:

No game has managed to numb me with such approximation to a blustery wintry night as Frenchy Bird.

Show me on the bird doll where Frenchy Bird touched you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet the Admin. Team   Meet the Admin. Team - Page 17 Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet the Admin. Team
Page 17 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next