We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptySat 17 May 2014 - 18:50

Get rid off that motion control shi*e.

Add some new imaginative areas, Desert/Volcano/Forest is nice, though getting a little thin on new concepts.

More influential supporting characters that can have an impact on the environment/story.

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptySat 17 May 2014 - 23:32

Vidofnir wrote:
Get rid off that motion control shi*e.
Agreed. Or make it optional at least. It was better in Skyward Sword, but still plenty of times it recognised be pulling back for a swipe as the actual swipe, and even MotionPlus has trouble with the forwards stab.

By all means make it stylised: Link to the Past and Wind Waker show the logic in that. However, don't simply make it painterly; Skyward Sword has a "style" but does also look dated and incorrect in places (dark areas for example have a weird colour banding I thought we'd lost once Super VGA existed in 1995).

Most importantly, do not make it as linear as Skyward Sword. Wind Waker might be a bit too open (I've not been able to complete the figurine list as it turns out one of the Rito buggers off somewhere), but at least make smaller dungeons that you can stumble across.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 11:56

This is all rumours, so MASSIVE pinch of salt please.  That said:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 976b3e2b44fa7106488a912924d055ae_zpsb0fbaf08

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 32cb769d555408d0eb23663ebf29bcec_zps5680045c

"Title screen" looks hugely fake, mind.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 12:58

The bottom screenshot looks hugely fake. It already violates a user interface principle, in that with TV-based games you don't stick UI elements (like health, magic meters, the map) right at the corner of the screen, since some TVs may not show them due to overscan.

And, of course, for this to be true we have to believe the source of this game's existence is true: http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/14/leaked-e3-line-up-names-god-of-war-4-and-zelda-shard-of-nightmare-is-probably-fake-4727212/
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 15:03

Not buying that - the UI looks pretty grim and looks like there's some nasty clipping issues going on with Link's hat and shield there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 18:23

fronkhead wrote:
The bottom screenshot looks hugely fake. It already violates a user interface principle, in that with TV-based games you don't stick UI elements (like health, magic meters, the map) right at the corner of the screen, since some TVs may not show them due to overscan.

True with on-screen graphics in general- stick any news channel on, for example.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 21:42

Ooh, I loved the way Fronky Tenderloin Minimised all the clues like that.
Also, to join in, there's no way Nintendo would have a logo where the S overlaps the Z like that. Untidy as fuck.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptySun 18 May 2014 - 22:34

Maybe it's the Legend of Zelda's Hard of Nightmare...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 0:26

Those "Zelda" pictures do capture one thing I'd like it to have and that's a darker overall tone to the world.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 2:48

From Software's Zelda?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 3:13

What I want to see is an end to the constant throwing out of things with every single game for the sake of creating a stream of new gimmicks that are in turn also thrown out rather than actually evolved for the next game in t something meaningful. Majoras mask took the mask side quest from ocarina and evolved it in to a animate so different it felt like a completely new thing, I want to see the games start actually taking those sorts of almost-gimmicks and evolving them, instead of just throwing them in the trash to create the next half-baked wolf form that is in turn thrown in the trash before it is actually evolved in to something that might be truly great.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 7:07

Drunkalilly wrote:
From Software's Zelda?

Honestly, that's what the lighting in that screenshot reminded me of. I wouldn't want that though - I like my Zeldas a bit brighter.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 9:00

Agreed.  I don't know why people keep wanting "dark Zeldas": there are plenty of other action RPGs that do the "dark Zelda" thing.  One of Zelda's defining traits, in my mind, is that it's lighter than your average fantasy action RPG-ish title.  That said, if we look at the last few home console Zelda we've got OoT, MM, WW, TP and SS, alternating light/dark, so the next one will probably be a bit grimmer; but I don't see why that's a good thing.

Unless you're Jas, who obviously just wants Dark Souls 3: Hyrule AdventureRazz
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 16:38

Drunkalilly wrote:
From Software's Zelda?

As appealing as that sounds it'd be a no actually.

balladeer wrote:
Unless you're Jas, who obviously just wants Dark Souls 3: Hyrule Adventure. :Razz:

Just because I asked for a darker overall tone to the game/world? I just think this could be a good basis to try something different with the series which a lot of people clearly want, also I can't help but make comparisons between the Souls/Zelda games for two reasons: Dark Souls is my favourite game ever so any action/sword based game will be instantly compared to it & both games have one massive thing in common, you explore a world & defeat bosses.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 16:40

The_Jaster wrote:
Just because I asked for a darker overall tone to the game/world?

Partly that, but mostly this:

The_Jaster wrote:
Dark Souls is my favourite game ever so any action/sword based game will be instantly compared to it...

And they are. Oh yes they are. Razz 
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 16:46

It looks to me like Link is standing outside Luigi's Mansion... Shocked

Last edited by ZeroJones on Mon 19 May 2014 - 16:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyMon 19 May 2014 - 16:46

I can't help it if From Soft do a better "Zelda" game than Nintendo.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 14:35

The alternating thing makes sense, and I feel there's still room for light moments in dark Zelda games and vice versa. I enjoy it when Zelda games do take a turn for the grim because it makes saving the world all the more satisfying.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 15:16

I want ZELDA to be ZELDA not Dark Souls, yes a realistic setting would be great but still want the charm of a zelda series which is normally through characters like Midna in TP.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 15:24

Midna definitely lightened up what could otherwise have been a rather dour game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 15:56

That's the thing; dark souls is very Zelda. It has quirky characters and a sense of humour, cut from the same cloth. Obviously not on Nintendo's level, but nobody does it like Nintendo. Really the only thing I do want to see Nintendo you're from dark souls is a subtle, world-based storytelling. Which Nintendo have pretty much said they're going to do.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 16:11

I like my cut-scenes though: TP's Lanayru had a brilliant one. I've always said that from what I've heard of DS, it sounds more like fantasy Metroid Prime 1/2 than anything, where most of the story comes through scanning, there's a darker tone, and you die more (although not as much).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 16:14

masofdas wrote:
I want ZELDA to be ZELDA not Dark Souls, yes a realistic setting would be great but still want the charm of a zelda series which is normally through characters like Midna in TP.  

When I say a darker tone to Zelda I don't mean for it to be "realistic" or for it to be dark souls either, just saying it can learn a thing or two from it.

I'm sure what ever Nintendo come up with I'll enjoy I'm just thinking it'd be nice to see something different that would grab other peoples attention as well as us fans & Zelda is the one series I think Nintendo can afford to be really bold with.

EDIT:
drunkalilly wrote:
That's the thing; dark souls is very Zelda. It has quirky characters and a sense of humour, cut from the same cloth. Obviously not on Nintendo's level, but nobody does it like Nintendo. Really the only thing I do want to see Nintendo you're from dark souls is a subtle, world-based storytelling. Which Nintendo have pretty much said they're going to do.

That should give them more time to focus on the world itself & fill it full of things to explore.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 16:38

Ooh, I do love a good cutscene, but games can be so much more than just films/ books with interactive bits between chapters!

Before Balla has a Dark Souls-induced aneurysm, let's move on. I'd like to see a little more freedoms in how to deal with people in the over world. Maybe instead of gathering what some jerk wants, I can just whip out my sword and remind him I've already killed three first monsters. And maybe if someone needs some people taken care of, there could be a choice between fighting them, giving them something they want, tricking them... Most of the time, Zelda is good at making me think I've been really clever, but it still boils down to me doing exactly what the developers wanted.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 EmptyTue 20 May 2014 - 16:52

So now you want Mass Effect?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 2 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next