We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptySat 8 Apr 2017 - 19:18

I'm far, far behind! I actually have quite a few niggles about the game, not that they'll stop me from giving it a 10/10 when I finish it. The magic is too great to let the problems get to me.

Anyway, I've just 'met' Revali, who definitely is Falco with dreads; and killed my first Lynel. The loot was kinda disappointing, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptySat 8 Apr 2017 - 20:38

Athrun888 wrote:
Wonder where they're going to go with the DLC, a secret fifth Divine Beast?  A more traditional dungeon?  And here's hoping the Hard mode does something like add in more moves for enemies (or even new ones!)
My secret hope, based on seeing the Elephant and Bird Beasts in particular: A fifth and final DB, which when tamed, allows them to combine into a playable Megazord for one last showdown with Ganon.

Quote :
10/10 game, as close to perfection as you can get and a brilliant blending of the evolution of the franchise with a full-circle feeling.  
My thoughts exactly.
Balladeer wrote:
 I actually have quite a few niggles about the game
Whatever they are, I'll have a cast-iron defence and several insults. No, I'm not insecure, why do you ask?

Quote :
killed my first Lynel.  The loot was kinda disappointing, to be honest.
Yeah, but the fight is amazing. Any game with a Bayonetta dodge is a winner in my book!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 9:42

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I did the Helmaroc beast before heading to Hyrule Castle.  Jeez that champion was a complete tosser.  The beast itself was, as usual, a ton of fun.  

Lynel's do drop some good loot later on though, their Savage Bows can get pretty nuts if you kill the higher tier ones, a 5 shot 32 power bow with Endurance Up?  Yes please! You better believe some fun was had with that puppy and bomb arrows!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 11:06

I think I'm on that now!  It definitely feels like the first dungeon, despite its position on the map: its gimmick is nice and easy, and there's only the one thing to fight.

Also why all the kerfuffle around Sidon when Teba's a thing?  Best this-era-Champion-analogue by far!  That thumbs up warmed my heart (or was it just the Snowquill gear...).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 13:41

Balladeer wrote:
I think I'm on that now!  It definitely feels like the first dungeon, despite its position on the map: its gimmick is nice and easy, and there's only the one thing to fight.

Also why all the kerfuffle around Sidon when Teba's a thing?  Best this-era-Champion-analogue by far!  That thumbs up warmed my heart (or was it just the Snowquill gear...).

Zora's domain felt like it should have been the first to me, I cracked that puzzle in like 10 minutes. I also said a few posts back that Teba should have been the actual Champion of Vah Medoh with Revali being the character that redeems himself by getting you up to the beast itself.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 13:56

Honestly I'd agree that the Rito beast definitely feels like a first dungeon.  Meanwhile the Gerudo's feels like the last one, both due to the beast itself being the most difficult to figure out and also how the enemies in that region hit like trucks.  The Dodongo and elephant beasts feel interchangeable, with a slight edge to the Dodongo quest in difficulty.  

Funnily enough the game itself slightly hints at that order too

Ending spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptySun 9 Apr 2017 - 18:22

Yup, Gerudo dungeon was my second: it took ages and the boss thumped me a couple of times. This is a problem with the whole 'open-world' thing, however they should have rearranged the map really. (There's a quibble for you!)

The_Jaster wrote:
Zora's domain felt like it should have been the first to me, I cracked that puzzle in like 10 minutes. I also said a few posts back that Teba should have been the actual Champion of Vah Medoh with Revali being the character that redeems himself by getting you up to the beast itself.

Took me ages of mucking around with the trunk! And I feel Revali redeems himself at the end. Teba is brill though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 15:31

See, I felt Teba didn't get enough time to shine. You have your archery course, a quick jaunt to the skies and that's your lot. Sidon, by comparison, pops up multiple times during your journey towards Zora's Domain so he gets more time to leave an impression.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 20:08

Despite that, I still preferred him to Sidon. Thumbs Up!

And I've discovered a use for a horse: thundering across Tabantha Tundra. Would have been horrendous without it. Now onto the next maze thing!

Also completed the Korok Trials. The Test of Wood can stick its wood right up its bottomless bog. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyMon 10 Apr 2017 - 21:57

I loved the Test of Wood but got a little wound up at the sneaky one, as after the first attempt I kept failing just because I was getting bored and wondering into view.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyTue 11 Apr 2017 - 1:05

Also loved the test of wood, thought it was a great showcase for using the bow.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 13:58

I didn't mind the Korok Trials, actually. It was a nice change of pace in the game for me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyWed 12 Apr 2017 - 19:05

I liked the other two! I just got bogged down in the Test of Wood. Repeatedly.

Although I did enjoy the last bit:

Athrun888 wrote:
Lynel's do drop some good loot later on though, their Savage Bows can get pretty nuts if you kill the higher tier ones, a 5 shot 32 power bow with Endurance Up? Yes please! You better believe some fun was had with that puppy and bomb arrows!

Ah, you mean the White Lynels. Yes. I take back what I said about disappointing loot. Laughing

Also, how great is that dark ruins thing just above the Lost Woods? Especially the ending piece? Really very great. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017 - 21:12

I'm the only one still playing this, aren't I?  Oh well, I'll preach to myself if I have to.  Sad about no Goron City drums and Goron hooting, I must admit, having just arrived there.  Also 2,000R for a chuffing helmet?  You're taking the mick mate, this isn't ancient gear we're talking!  Bought it anyway, natch.  Oh and could the Great Fairies keep their hands off when upgrading my stuff please? No

Speaking of ancient gear, that shield.  Bye bye Guardians, we barely knew ye. Laughing

And I've finished off Tarrey Town too, deforesting half of Hyrule in the process.  Really lovely sweet sidequest, even if the end reward's barely worth it.  The real reward is the friends you made along the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017 - 21:57

I'm still playing it, I'm at the big camel. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017 - 22:00

Woo! How're you finding it Cappa? I know you're not a huge Zelda fan like most of the rest of us, so would be interesting to get your views. (Also the camel's a bastard of a dungeon.)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyTue 18 Apr 2017 - 22:18

I'd say that, while I'm only about 15/20% of the way through it, it's one of the finest games of the decade. I haven't played something this substantial before and - with over forty hours on the clock already - it's definitely captured my imagination like no games has in years.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 13:51

I did the big camel on Saturday. I spent a lot of time the past few weeks getting as strong as possible so I went into hyrule castle to get the hylian shield, got the master sword and then went back to HC to farm guardians, so now I've got the guardian armor and 24 hearts the boss fights aren't too intimidating. I still die loads however, which is good.
I have yet to kill a lynel though, they're just horrible. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 15:31

Yass Cappa!

For what it's worth, I am still dabbling a little. When I've wrapped up stuff like Mass Effect and maybe Shovel Knight, I'll be pouring all my time into this again and getting yer Shrines and armour and eventually Koroks. Especially when I'm at my parents and don't have a TV to myself.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 19:43

NintenDUCK wrote:
I have yet to kill a lynel though, they're just horrible. Embarrassed

They ain't too bad if you get the perfect dodge down. I still haven't got the perfect parry timing right, though. Aww!

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'd say that, while I'm only about 15/20% of the way through it, it's one of the finest games of the decade. I haven't played something this substantial before and - with over forty hours on the clock already - it's definitely captured my imagination like no games has in years.

Really genuinely chuffed to read this. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 22:31

Balladeer wrote:

And I've finished off Tarrey Town too, deforesting half of Hyrule in the process.  Really lovely sweet sidequest, even if the end reward's barely worth it.  The real reward is the friends you made along the way. Smile

Loved that sidequest - collecting the wood was a bit of a drag, but I enjoyed tracking down the NPCs to help build the town.

On another note, I'm thinking that once I'm done with Persona 5, one of my next big things to do will be to go collect the Korok Seeds. I want to know this world like the back of my hand and see some parts of it I may have missed. We'll see how far I get. Grin
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 22:51

Balladeer wrote:
(Also the camel's a bastard of a dungeon.)

You weren't wrong about that - bloody hell! Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 22:54

I think we said elsewhere in the thread that the camel feels like the last dungeon you're meant to do, what with its long pre-dungeon stealth quest, the dungeon puzzles being tougher and the boss being a bit of a bastard too.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyWed 19 Apr 2017 - 23:25

Nah, it's the first one. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 EmptyThu 20 Apr 2017 - 16:50

I definitely feel like there's a "first two" and a "second two" between the Divine Beasts, suggesting a more specific correct route than that would be doing the game a disservice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 24 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next