We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Konami, and how they stink

Go down 
+8
Jimbob
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
oldschool
ZeroJones
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyThu 6 Aug 2015 - 22:37

*whispers* At least I still have PES. *clutches tightly onto PES*
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2015 - 2:19

Oh god no PES Shocked It didn't occur to me how this is likely to suffer from Konami's madness. If they're gonna give up on Silent Hill then I see no reason why they wouldn't give up on FIFA's whipping boy (as much as I hate to admit it).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2015 - 16:56

Aye, if I'm honest PES is the only game of Konami's I've cared about for a while perhaps it's only saving grace is it's the one yearly franchise they have.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2015 - 18:08

PES pachinko incoming. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyFri 7 Aug 2015 - 22:37

Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 Giphy
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptySat 8 Aug 2015 - 8:57

Some context on the previous Nintendo Life report.  Basically, don't work for a Japanese company.

And Konami's profits are up by 160%. Sick
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2015 - 17:12

Jim talks to some insiders,
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2015 - 17:13

Ooh, that video title. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Aug 2015 - 22:26

HIT THE LEVER.

(Jesus christ, Konami.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Aug 2015 - 17:02

It's Kojima's birthday today and NDA's have been lifted on MGSV: The Phantom pain which has received a few 10/10's but it's not all good as there is microtransactions for the PVP mode Forward Operating Base, yay Konami.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Aug 2015 - 18:45

Tbh it depends on what kind of microtransactions they are.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyMon 24 Aug 2015 - 18:53

MB Coins which costs real money, you can earn them in game but from the sound of it you need a lot of MB to buy anything.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 1:56

Then it doesn't sound like the bad kind or that it will affect the PvP in a negative way.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 7:40

Yeah we're in the same boat and if you do more missions then me then you'll have more MB Coins.

The issue if from what I read is you need a lot to buy anything that the grind might be really stupid and this whole let's add paid currency stinks of Konami & there mobile / gambling ways.

My biggest gripe is a lot of the trailers have been showing of the PvP as part of Mother Base and how you can be doing missions and during that you might invade me Jas. Well it's not mother base it's field of base and yeah we could invade one another but due to the MB Coins situation, both could be very much the same.

The only thing is that the campaign has been getting the 10's that field of base and then in October when Metal Gear Online launchs they can only be seen as a bit of stinky bonus. I hope Online doesn't have any sort of microtransactions.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 7:43

Maybe you also earn a lot of MB Coins? I think at this stage, where even the reviews are half finished, let alone excluding the multiplayer components it's far too early to call it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 16:17

masofdas wrote:
MB Coins which costs real money, you can earn them in game but from the sound of it you need a lot of MB to buy anything.

Jim Sterling respectfully disagrees. Cough.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 18:16

He's agreeing with me or I agree with him either way Balla and why I've come here on the Konami stink thread to say it stinks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 18:17

Aaaaargh, I meant to quote Jas! Duh! He respectfully disagrees with Jas.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 18:25

I'm guess Konami view is your paying for the campaign which microtransactions have no bearing from I gather and that has been getting 10's. Where FOB & Online are bonus on top which looks like will cost you more money for FOB at least, is the only way you could defend it.

As myself am buying it for the campaign but FOB has been in a lot of trailers like the one Andy shows in September games thread and did look a very interesting mode.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 19:53

Balladeer wrote:
Aaaaargh, I meant to quote Jas! Duh! He respectfully disagrees with Jas.

He does make some excellent points but if it doesn't ruin the overall experience (which we don't know for certain yet that it does) then I personally won't have a massive problem with them being in there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyTue 25 Aug 2015 - 20:07

We know it doesn't effect the campaign which is the main thing.

But what I read from Gamespot (I think) has said that MB Coins don't drop that much and you need a lot of them to do anything which is bad and will effect FOB.

But likely Muss has said this will be my last Konami game, I buy either way.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 0:06

I just feel that Konami are too easy of a target for the games media at the minute & even if they do more good than bad the latter will always be highlighted more.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 7:17

One of the statements I read was that you get your first one and all of it's features without any MB coins, so I really think it's being blown out of proportion a bit.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 7:28

The_Jaster wrote:
He does make some excellent points but if it doesn't ruin the overall experience (which we don't know for certain yet that it does) then I personally won't have a massive problem with them being in there.

I know that most of us are clever or strong-willed enough not to be affected, but what he's getting at is (a) it's bad for consumers as a group and (b) even the smallest nudge the shop's way is distracting, unnecessary, and a general negative from anyone's point of view. Even if it's not a large one.

And I can't disagree, Bravely Default being a big one in recent times. The pay-to-buy items were introduced with a relatively light touch, but would I rather they hadn't been there at all, after shelling out £40 or so on the game? Yes I would! They didn't improve the game in any way, and they had a small net negative effect.

And the developers were talking ominously about upping the F2P ante in the sequel, so it sets a dangerous precedent too.

The_Jaster wrote:
I just feel that Konami are too easy of a target for the games media at the minute & even if they do more good than bad the latter will always be highlighted more.

Disagree with this. Konami are an easy target precisely because they don't do more good than bad. I feel you've got the cause and effect muddled up here.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 EmptyWed 26 Aug 2015 - 7:53

andyman949 wrote:
One of the statements I read was that you get your first one and all of it's features without any MB coins, so I really think it's being blown out of proportion a bit.

Your first what Field of Base, what I've read FOB is all about MB coins and it's own mode where you buy security cameras or whatnot with them, they got to be bought some how even if with in game MB coins otherwise everyone would have the same FOB if everyone gets all its features which would make the PvP a bit lame.

Or were you reading about Mother Base.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Konami, and how they stink   Konami, and how they stink - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Konami, and how they stink
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next