We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Get involved with Gintendo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Get involved with Gintendo Empty
PostSubject: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty19/03/15, 07:40 pm

Hi Guys & Gals

I know not all of you want to do things for Gintendo and that's fine but I would like to get everyone involved with something be it your just on this forum or a contributor to Gintendo.

I was given the opportunity to do a Q&A session with a indie dev whom are doing a kickstarter, well the original team haven't replied to me saying I would do it.

But I've now spoken to someone else and plan to do a special indie week which will be similar to normal but instead of me telling you about the game the dev will and in a more natural way as it will be a Skype chat but to make it more GNamer.

I would like to get you involved by sending me questions to ask the dev. I've got a few myself to ask like what games inspired you to do this etc but would like some more #bantz type ones.

I will be doing the chat on Sunday

Last edited by masofdas on 29/05/15, 07:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty19/03/15, 08:48 pm

I was saving this one for the podcast, but it can be used for both, right? "How do you like your eggs?"
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty19/03/15, 08:52 pm

Yeah of course
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty19/03/15, 10:47 pm

Who is it and what's the game? I'd like to ask something meaningful, if I can.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty19/03/15, 11:11 pm

It's a small studio in Oxford and the game is a old school JRPG can't remember the name of hand.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty22/03/15, 11:45 am

Double Post 

As I'm now at a computer the studio is based in Oxford and called Cloud Runner whom want to make Melancholy Republic which looks like a SNES era JRPG but one of the backer awards is the game in a physical form in a PS1 style case. So makes we want to ask the question what games inspired you 

And the other studio Enlightened Games from Chicago, Illinois (CM Punk! CM Punk!) has gotten back to me now, so I plan to do a thing with them as well there slightly more famous with The Song of Seven (it's nothing do with Game of Thrones) which is coming to many systems including the Wii U, the game is a story driven 3D puzzle platformer. 

Questions I get will be used for both and I think I might use Zero's last

I do have a few other's already from people which our did any Mega Drive games inspire you but I think that is kinda covered with what games inspired you and what are you looking forward to.

This will be happening tonight with cloud runner if you do have something to ask but if not I hope you all give a read when done.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty22/03/15, 02:58 pm

Cloud Runner

A big part of many RPGs is grinding. Do you think this mechanic serves a real purpose or is it a crutch?
Do you prefer pure fantasy settings or slight twists, like Final Fantasy's science fiction angle?
Do you want to touch my bum?
Do you want me to touch your bums?

Enlightened Games

What is it that separates the great 3D platform games from the ones that don't work? Often the feeling is quite intangible to a player.
Storytelling in videogames seems to have three paths before it; the interactivity of Bioware and Telltale, From Software's trademark subtle in-the-world story elements and the traditional cinematic stories with gameplay between cutscenes. Do you feel any one or the other is the right path for the medium or do all three have a part to play?
Do you ever enjoy the smell of your own farts?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty22/03/15, 07:53 pm

Not sure all those will get used, as yes were running late.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty24/03/15, 01:47 pm

Both are up with questions answered from Zero (only one answered it), Flora, RedAnt (A friend who checkouts Gintendo & podcast), Drunka and retrospectively Jay.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty02/04/15, 10:06 pm

Someone has seen are interviews and I will be doing another, so any questions would be great.

It's a third person shooter called Beyond Flesh & Blood, I could also get a STEAM early access code if anyone is interested. The game doesn't look to use that much power that I might try myself if I pick up a 360 controller.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty29/05/15, 07:21 pm

Quad Combo

Hi guys, just some general news on Gintendo to start with and what I've been doing. Over the last week or so I've been in contact with a few gaming PR agencies (I still need to find some decent UK/EU ones) which include one based in O Canada. Whom I've signed up with etc and submitted our interest in two games they had on offer to review.

One was Farm Simulator 2015, which I was going to look at the other

*Drum-roll*

Witcher 3 which Drunka was going to look at.

Yes we were fairly close to get both of those the issue why we didn't wasn't because of our size they never asked how tall Drunka was but because all the codes have gone.

The other news is, I might be doing some interviews again. I actually have 4 or so teams in mind but the two most likely are  

The Deep End Games whom are lead by Bill Gardner who worked on a small title called Bioshock and designed such levels as Welcome to Rapture, I doubt you heard of it. With there game Perception which is A narrative horror adventure featuring a young blind woman who must solve mysteries and escape a deadly presence, all without sight.

The other interview we likely will be with another *Drum-roll* please

Playtonic Games whom are making something called Yooka-Layee.

So any questions, I do have these from Jay  

1) I've seen some chatter that Yooka-Laylee is just a nostalgia trip and won't break new ground for platforming. Whilst I don't personally agree with this, what would you say to alleviate concerns for those who perhaps won't get the same nostalgic experience as most?

2) What inspired the pairing of a bat and a chameleon? A bird and a bear almost seems like a logical duo, but I'd never have paired up a bat and a chameleon

And one more thing we might have a world first look at a game, nothing super special but think GNamer Videos X Podcast X Direct for it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty30/05/15, 07:11 pm

I'm 5'7"

I'm gonna have a think and hopefully tomorrow evening give you some questions, if that's not too late?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty30/05/15, 07:13 pm

Excellent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get involved with Gintendo   Get involved with Gintendo Empty

Back to top Go down

Get involved with Gintendo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: GNamer Community-
Jump to: