We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guitar Hero Live

Go down 
+6
Admin
flora-chan
masofdas
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 22:13

Look. It's Guitar Hero 296.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJBCrTBT5g8

Acht, that's harsh. After all, it was Guitar Hero (and not, sadly, Donkey Konga) that created this whole music game phenomenon of the 2000s, and brought air guitar into the new millenium. Noel Gallagher might think it's all a bit mince, but my own experiences, perceptions and recollections are that it was a really, really great series.

Amazingly, it's coming to Wii U. The bloody Wii U! Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 22:31

It's been a wee while since the last one (5 years, seemingly) and I think the time off will have done the series some good. I have fond memories of playing folks from NGamer on Guitar Hero 3, and I really enjoyed my time with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyTue 14 Apr 2015 - 22:37

I saw the news earlier and texted my Guitar Hero-fiend friend, who says he can't see it working. I think change is good, although it looks like fans aren't going to be able to use their old controllers. As for my thoughts on the game, I've played tiny amounts of it here and there (GH: Metallica, mostly) and quite liked it. Although I'm right-handed, I play the guitar (controller) left-handed, which gets Jo's goat no end, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 8:07

Not surprised it's coming to the U ( shouldn't this be in general though) as it's the sort of game the Wii U audience likes, with things like just dance and my family games doing well on it.

But myself will pick up at some point for the collection but when cheap cheap.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 13:40

Well that awesome news it's coming to the Wii U, didn't expect it to come on nintendo to be honest but glad.
wasn't it on the PS3 only the originals? my brother collect all the guitar hero games and all the accessories towards it
that before he had kids know so I think he got rid of them all now and doesn't play much.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 14:04

Glad this is coming to Wii U, but personally I'd only be paying attention of this were a RockBand announcement with Harmonix at the helm.

Let's hope that rhythm action is coming back for a new generation.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyWed 15 Apr 2015 - 15:00

flora-chan wrote:
Well that awesome news it's coming to the Wii U, didn't expect it to come on nintendo to be honest but glad.
wasn't it on the PS3 only the originals? my brother collect all the guitar hero games and all the accessories towards it
that before he had kids know so I think he got rid of them all now and doesn't play much.

Nah GH was almost everything under the sun but hasn't been seen for a boy 5 year's.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyThu 16 Apr 2015 - 21:44

masofdas wrote:
flora-chan wrote:

Nah GH was almost everything under the sun but hasn't been seen for a boy 5 year's.

Do I have to photoshop another Seal album now? Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyThu 16 Apr 2015 - 21:55

And that is why you shouldn't use your phone.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 12:39

Knew I kept my guitar for a good reason, very much up for this, the break away will have done the series good and make it feel new again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 13:01

Treesmurf wrote:
Knew I kept my guitar for a good reason, very much up for this, the break away will have done the series good and make it feel new again.

Sadly, it isn't backwards compatible.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-14-guitar-hero-live-goes-first-person-and-live-action-without-backwards-compatibility

That's what puts me off of this a bit. Realistically, how much life does the Wii U have left in it? It'll have another Christmas, but what about next year? Also, what if Guitar Hero Live bombs on Wii U? Would they bother releasing it's (inevitable) sequel? I'm not wanting to pay £100 for a peripheral only for it to work with just one or two games. For longevity I think Guitar Hero Live would be a better bet on XBox One or PS4.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 13:10

Ah that sucks, seems like a greedy decision, much like the greedy decisions they made last time around with the constant releases. The wheel never really stops turning.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 13:13

If I remember correctly they aren't planning on sequelising this to death. I'm interested in what their long term business model is due to the channel style of streaming songs.

As for the new guitar, I'm very happy! I could never stretch to the 5th button so the new 3=6 button style suits me much better.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 13:16

They changed how it plays now, and the guitar now has 6 buttons

benefit with the new rock band that does work with some of the old stuff.

They've said it's not going to be annualised but likely we get a sequel, I think between now and then there be a lot of DLC which as we know the Wii U isn't great at getting either.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 14:37

The new Rock Band is supposedly going to be compatible with older peripherals, so that's a bit of a black mark against Guitar Hero.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 14:43

I think a much bigger deal is being made of it than it is. It has been 5 years since Warriors of Rock, who still has their kit and still in working condition? I think it's probably not in the majority, not to mention I wouldn't have expected them to jump gens anyway. It's as good a time as any to try and change up the formula so I'm firmly in camp GH at the moment.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 14:51

I think a lot of people will be tempted to stay with Rock Band due to backwards compatibility - I've still got a couple of guitars kicking about - and I imagine a lot of the Rock Band loyalists have amassed a fair bit of DLC too.

I'll be keeping an eye on this, anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 15:00

Also I'm not sure about the game even, I like it's First Person so that I'm in the band but I don't like FMV at all. It just reminds me of the Mega CD and all those bad games that might of looked great back then but old now and I can imagine going back to this even in a few years it will look awful.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 16:42

They not going to use old accessories to play with this at all, the profit is in the game and the items you buy from it to work
it's a upgrade model towards the Wii U/PS4/Xbox One now which is great means better to play with, it has been 5 years so what do you expect?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 16:47

That's why your better of buying Rock Band 4 and using your old stuff but it is only on PS4 & ONE where GH:Live is on 5 platforms
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 19:15

flora-chan wrote:
They not going to use old accessories to play with this at all, the profit is in the game and the items you buy from it to work
it's a upgrade model towards the Wii U/PS4/Xbox One now which is great means better to play with, it has been 5 years so what do you expect?

If I had the option between shelling out £100+ for a game and new peripherals or £40 on a game where I could use my existing peripherals, I know which I'd choose.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptySun 19 Apr 2015 - 23:22

Since I heard that this is being made from Freestyle games (same folks that done DJ Hero) I'm actually really looking forward to it now, I also like the sound of GHTV.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 14:44

Guitar Hero is better than Rock Band stuff
Depends if you prefer quality over quantity
I know which one I would go for if it's top of the grange
also depends if you use it a lot or only sometimes
depends on the person who put afford in the game Studying
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 18:18

Rock Band is better everyone knows that as it's done by Harmonix whom invented Guitar Hero in the first place and are passionate about music not weird live action FMV's.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live EmptyMon 20 Apr 2015 - 18:21

Yup, Guitar Hero stopped shining after Harmonix upped sticks and moved on.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

Guitar Hero Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitar Hero Live   Guitar Hero Live Empty

Back to top Go down

Guitar Hero Live
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next