We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair

Go down 
+13
Marzy
Spiralcannon2-CW
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Jimbob
Treesmurf
masofdas
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 15:20

masofdas wrote:
I'm only reading what you put, if I interrupted it different to how you feel then sorry.

I like Kickstarter as it get games like a Yooka-Laylee made that publishers wouldn't touch and without it would you got to play Shovel Knight.

But I've said what I want and that's basically make Banjo 3 if they want to add new stuff that builds on that core game that possibly improves it. I'm all for that but I don't want them to go mad and make a Nuts & Bolts and ad lot's of crazy new things that doesn't make it the game I've backed or want.

I thought I was pretty clear especially when I had to repeat myself numerous times & as for kickstarter of course it will have things that may have not got made otherwise but it just feels off to me asking for money in this way but again that's just my personal take on it & who knows maybe some kickstarter's could work without the crowd sourced funding but that'd be really tough to judge as each project is totally different.
----

Another negative thing for me about kickstarter is gamers who have already invested their own money into a project will instantly jump to defend said project if someone says anything bad about it, just imagine if I came in here and said that I thought it looked shit?

Some of you already seemed annoyed just because I said I wasn't excited for it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 15:22

Insulting a Kickstarter that the GNamer admins. have invested precious dosh into is a bannable offence around these parts. Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 15:26

Well, now that you say that I have a secret to tell you.........

it looks shit Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 15:38

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 Ban-hammer-o

(bans Jas for seven seconds)
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 16:39

I was gonna do a bit about using Thor's Banhammer, Trollnir... but the moment has gone.

Also, Jas is doin' it right: he's assessing these things in a case-by-case, evidence-based way. Can only applaud you for that, sir. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 17:44

Cheers squire! Also trollnir? That's a belter. Laughing

@balla That ban hammer gif reminds me of spongebob for some reason.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 18:10

Like I said feel that way Jas and feel like you were repeating yourself but like I said I can only read what you put and if I read that different to what you mean.

Its a weird one kickstarter like some might find a publisher,  I reckon YL most likely would of found one but could they of made what they wanted also there's Sony pub fund method.

But I like it as a bit like buying a console at launch you feel part of something

@Andy Nuts & Bolts should be put in lava
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyTue 5 May 2015 - 18:41

The_Jaster wrote:
@balla That ban hammer gif reminds me of spongebob for some reason.

It reminds me of Lemongrab. No idea who it actually is.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 17:28

Seen this great piece of fan art RT'd onto my twitter timeline.

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 CEXmOTFUUAAjusZ
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 17:51

Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 18:19

That's astounding - already! Shocked
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 21:21

That's lovely Jas. Smile

Is that the gold Ocarina of Time cart I spy on the floor?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 22:35

Nice stuff! The nose is still weird, but I reckon I'll get used to it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyFri 8 May 2015 - 10:05

JayMoyles wrote:
That's lovely Jas. Smile

Is that the gold Ocarina of Time cart I spy on the floor?

I didn't even notice that!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptySat 9 May 2015 - 14:57

I honestly don't think it looks that great, to be honest. The most important piece of information to me is the final product ships in October 2016, which does have me more optimistic that the finished game will be more than the collectathon it appeared in the early footage and have the silly variety that Rare's N64 output was always known for.

It was also a delight to see CVG's Andy Robinson on board as an adviser (based to keep the team in check based on his Rareware game knowledge), but I'm not sold yet.

Plz dont ban

andyman949 wrote:
Nuts & Bolts > BK Winky Face

This. Nuts and Bolts was precisely what was needed after collectathons became old hat. Banjo was always more than a collectathon of course, with a healthy emphasis on traversal (much like Super Mario 64, which was *all* about discovery and traversal), but I got the impression that Rare didn't really want to make the same thing again. Especially after DK64.

It made me sad that some of the backers were outraged at the stretch goal for orchestrated music, I thought it fit Kirkhope's style beautifully in Viva Piñata and Nuts and Bolts, with a nice mix of bombastic orchestra and measured big band sounds.

Just goes to show that Kickstarter isn't necessarily a better platform than sticking with publishers -- you're still listening to the guy with the money, and he/she could potentially prevent you from making the game you truly want to make. Yooka-Laylee is about appeasing the fans though, from what I gather, so it's not so bad.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptySat 9 May 2015 - 15:17

fronkhead wrote:
Plz dont ban

andyman949 wrote:

This.

Well, alright, I guess I can turn a blind eye this... Wait, what's that?

fronkhead wrote:
andyman949 wrote:

This.

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 Tumblr_lgfyjaqRg61qcwsd8o1_400
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptySat 9 May 2015 - 15:38

Haha, to be fair it's wrong to compare the two. Nuts and Bolts did feel more Diddy Kong racing than Banjo in the first place, just that you'd be doing the platforming with all manner of vehicles.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 19:53

It took a while to get that £1.5M mark for the orchestra goal, which takes me back to Balla saying people want these sort of games but just look how this died down pretty much everyone that wants this sort of game would of backed. I know there will be more as you can throw Pillars of Eternity in my face but just how many will there be.

Now it a £2m goal which sounds like the last goal which money will be used to make the game better / post-release DLC.

Along with finding out about this dude who reminds of Paul Heyman whilst in WCW
Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 Trowza-1024x1024
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 17:25

I'm glad it made it past £1.5m, people putting their money where their mouth is as far as I'm concerned.

I think the people who complained about the new stretch goal in the first place -- having funded it before it went up -- needed to understand that they are only entitled to what was in the description, and there was nothing in the Kickstarter description about inviting community input for the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptySun 17 May 2015 - 9:35

People who complain about orchestral soundtracks have their priorities wrong and need to be taught a lesson. Naughty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyFri 29 May 2015 - 19:24

Hi guys you might want to checkout the get involved thread.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptySun 31 May 2015 - 9:19

Balladeer wrote:
People who complain about orchestral soundtracks have their priorities wrong and need to be taught a lesson. Naughty

Aye. I imagine people are worried about the wrong thing though - I think actually their concern is that the soundtrack will become an ambient unmemorable thing, as opposed to "just having real instruments in". But that's not going to happen, given the style of the previous games in the series, and the composers' previous work.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptySun 31 May 2015 - 19:25

It took a gaming site (I can't remember which one) to alert me to this: Trowzer snake.  Dear oh dear.

Also, more characters.

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 Ghosts-1024x466

Playtonic wrote:
In their physical days these articulate phantoms were the scribes behind Yooka-Laylee’s mysterious book worlds. However, following their suspicious demise the Ghost Writers’ unsettled souls are now cursed to endlessly wander their creations in search of spectre salvation. Free their spirits for a special reward…

Hooray, another collectable!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptySun 31 May 2015 - 20:15

I like the character designs in this - they've got a lot of charm to them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 18:43

Ghost writers. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: