We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game

Go down 
+5
rlsniper789
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Silver light
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 9:40

I don't know if I'd want to totally eliminate dungeons/battles. I just think I'd prefer a proper battle system. I'd take hack and slash style combat over turn based any day. Or if they fancy it they could replace with dungeons with Catherine style levels, as all games should. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 12:49

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Nope, it's not Laughing I got stuck on the 5th dungeon with no way of moving forward without grinding. There's no reason to play it on a high difficulty because it isn't a game of skill. You die by the numbers.

On the contrary, the skill is simply used in forming your team and skills, rather than necessarily in the non-boss battles themselves (but then, the same can be said for action game mooks being easy).  I'm hardly a skilled gamer yet I never had that much difficulty, and any "grinding" I had to do was a quick ten minute jaunt through a couple of floors of the current dungeon and back to unlock the occasional skill on a Persona or gain a quick couple of levels, and I only did that on three occasions that I remember because I mostly stuck to fusing stronger Persona's when I got stuck.  

And I challenge anybody that thinks turn based battle systems aren't "proper" battle systems to get to top ten on the Pokemon Showdown OU ladder.  Any format that offers such a vast gulf in skill cannot be claimed to not be "proper".
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 13:15

Naa man, that boss was some grade A nonsense and the only way is to grind, which is a massive waste of my time. Those floors aren't quick things and battles with random foes aren't fun enough to warrant the time. Not to mention that's also depleting resources, health and mp.

Perhaps proper wasn't the right word, I more meant active. I'd much have lost or got stuck because I wasn't up to scratch than be stopped because I didn't own enough numbers.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 13:43

I enjoyed the combat system, the issue was more that the dungeons were so time consuming and such a grind that they brought the otherwise constantly progressing story to a screeching halt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 16:17

I'm going into this game for the story and experience more then the actual gameplay aspects of it.

On Marie, I've got no idea what her archetype is, I just see how it all plays out.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 16:58

Marie's archetype is Tsundere.  When done right (very rare blue moon occurrences they are) they're amazing characters, when done wrong they're the most obnoxious characters you will ever see in fiction (MariemariemarieMARIE!)

Typically good Tsundere's will have a valid reason for their hostility, and they won't overreact (such as physically attack a character for doing nothing at all).  Bad ones, well, they do the opposite.  Alas Marie is the latter.  Oh, and she writes AWFUL emo poems.  There's a few more reasons I can't stand her, but those all involve major spoilers so I'll leave things here.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Jan 2016 - 17:13

Started this yesterday, I'm only about 2.5hrs in but it's been really good so far and I can't wait to get back on it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2016 - 10:22

A quick update, I'm now 9hrs into the game and it doesn't feel like I've been playing it that long as everything still feels new and fresh.

I'm liking all the characters so far and the world, I've barely gone into the TV that I did struggle when it was suggested to go in there when you've gt the 4th member of the group on the boss.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2016 - 21:44

You can usually plow through the dungeons in one go during your trips into the TV on the lower difficulties - the game chucks recovery items at you, so it's not too tough. It's all about the social links!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Jan 2016 - 9:44

I've not struggled since on the next dungeon or any enemies part from that one.

I past 12hrs, I'm like urghh who do I hang out to get my social links up at the moment there all about level 3-5.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 21:11

Just pick your favourites, and don't worry about seeing it all the first time through. You can always go back and play with a guide to get all your social links maxed out. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 21:24

That's what I'm doing,

I've just hit 19hrs but I can't beat this boss in the Rise dungeon urghh
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jan 2016 - 22:18

I know the one you're on about - I had trouble with him too. It was a bit of a difficulty spike, I found.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptySat 23 Jan 2016 - 15:11

Someone has sent me guide on how to beat him
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Jan 2016 - 10:45

I've not played this for two days, but I've now got to the Video Game style dungeon, still absolutely loving the game also I've romanced Yuki.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game   Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Persona 4 Golden - Vita's golden medal game
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3