We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)

Go down 
+8
fronkhead
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
masofdas
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) Empty
PostSubject: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyMon 1 Jun 2015 - 9:32

Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) Nagenawa-action-guru-guru-chibi-robo-201553112158_1

Trailer link.

Revealed in the Japanese Nintendo Direct, and it looks gorgeous.  Chibi's all shiny metal and reflections.  The game seems to be based around braining foes and latching onto things with Chibi's plug.  And there's a bit where he goes all Moses.

I do want it, even though it's about as far from a "proper" Chibi-Robo game as I can imagine.  The 3DS' year is starting to look a little perkier, although of course this game may never make it to the west.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 2 Jun 2015 - 8:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyMon 1 Jun 2015 - 10:30

I want the amiibo that's it.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyMon 1 Jun 2015 - 12:49

Why can't they make a big Wii U game, more like the Gamecube one? That would be awesome. My partner is playing the DS Park Patrol at the moment, loves it, but this one looks more like a Mario platformer, which is less interesting to her. I would certainly still get it, as I do have a big soft spot for the series.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyMon 1 Jun 2015 - 17:57

Aye, as much as I like 2D platformers and Chibi-Robo, a big Wii U game similar to the GameCube original is something that could really excite Nintendo's audience and capture their imagination. The first Chibi-Robo is a cult classic that's totally unlike anything else; worryingly, this reminds me of that odd NWIQFWF IWFJNF DWIBUDKJF EKJFVNIUDSCK UWISAE game with the fishing rod and the boobs on the eShop.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyMon 1 Jun 2015 - 21:29

This looks ace!

TCK wrote:
worryingly, this reminds me of that odd NWIQFWF IWFJNF DWIBUDKJF EKJFVNIUDSCK UWISAE game with the fishing rod and the boobs on the eShop.

It reminded me of that also, though from the trailer it didn't seem you were using Chibi's plug to swing around obstacles.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 9:02

I'm suffering from 2D platformer fatigue, but I still think that this looks lovely. Aww! Granted, I've not played another Chibi-series game. Chibi-Robo HD for the Wii U?

Anyway, it's got a Western name now, and is definitely coming out in the west.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyTue 2 Jun 2015 - 18:58

I've never played a Chibi-Robo game, so I'm glad to see this one come over. 2D platformers are always welcome at Zero Castle, after all! Dance
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyWed 3 Jun 2015 - 21:43

Woot! The original is one of the Best Games Ever, and it's never returned to that form. Here's hoping.
I was feeling all disillusioned with games, but with this, Affordable Space Adventures, A +Women/-Blatter Fifa 16, and Yooka-Laylee, there's been a few pleasant surprises recently.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyThu 11 Jun 2015 - 16:42

This looks great, though Skip's track record has been a little shakey outside of things they know well, so I'm a little hesitant.

I'm glad it's big enough to be a proper big game bundled with its own Amiibo though!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 7:43

Having seen the trailer now, I'm even more up for this. Although Chibi looks way too energetic, I like the idea of the whip and when he set himself on fire I was reminded of Wario Land. The amiibo can, I believe the expression is, get tae fuck, though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 9:10

Like the arena battles game, this is one that could have done with being a new IP, to remove confusion from fans of the original. It still looks pretty sweet, though!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 23:52

ZeroJones wrote:
amiibo can, I believe the expression is, get tae fuck, though.

Agreed. Not fond of how a lot of Amiibo "taps" just give you an overpowered character to use, can't they think of something more exciting?

It's nice to give people options, I suppose, but you can just imagine Amiibo owners using it because they can, and including a level-up system that's tied to the Amiibo will probably nudge people towards this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyWed 9 Sep 2015 - 13:07

Well this looks pretty great to me. The Balla-House is ready for hype, sir!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyThu 1 Oct 2015 - 9:05

Everyone buy this if you want another Chibi-Robo game!

Sigh. I'm a bit cynical about that. The original released with little to no fanfare, on an underbought console, and even people who might have bought it (i.e. me) were confused by the concept. And this is nothing like the original - it's a 2D platformer on a console laden with them. So the potential failure of this shouldn't really impact the little robot appearing in another "proper" Chibi-Robo game.

That said, the game does look good and I do want to buy it. But this sort of talk makes me Rolling Eyes a bit.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyThu 1 Oct 2015 - 9:13

Yeah, it's the wrong game to threaten the series on, especially when the last (likely failure) was an AR picture taking game...

I'm still not sure on this as I tend to find games with swinging mechanics can be a stressful pain. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyThu 1 Oct 2015 - 9:44

I played it it and there was better platforms at Nintendo's EGX booth, and that's just the booth, yet alone the whole 3DS library.

But same is happening to Dragon Quest if we buy Heroes we might get some others, even though it and VIII are on different systems and different genres.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyThu 1 Oct 2015 - 13:25

I played the demo today and I honestly didn't mind it just as a simple platformer without thinking to much about it
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyThu 1 Oct 2015 - 19:06

Balladeer wrote:
Everyone buy this if you want another Chibi-Robo game!

Sad

This sort of stunt continues to make me feel sad. At best it artificially inflates sales and what kind of guarantees do we have? What qualifies as 'success'? Regardless, I will buy it, as I was going to anyway.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 18:42

Bleah. Looks like that franchise is dead in the water. And frankly, Nintendo have nobody to blame but themselves.

The product placement, in particular, bothers me. Think that's something I might pick up in a discussion somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 19:34

A massive shame, that. I might still indulge but not on day one. Aww!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyFri 9 Oct 2015 - 9:10

I just started downloading this..
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptyFri 9 Oct 2015 - 12:51

I saw the artist formerly known as Fronk tweeting about the game and the lack of reviews after embargo lifted & no one on Gaf talking about it but he's not surprised as it seemed he played it & thought it was just okay.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptySat 10 Oct 2015 - 13:01

shanks wrote:

How're you finding it, Shanks?

And for comparison's sake, how have you found Nintendo's other 2D platformers of recent vintage? Clay Kirby, Wool Yoshi, Kong Donkey etc.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 10:03

The GameCube original was a long time ago now - I think NGC reviewed it over a decade ago. Neither of the spin-offs that I've played since have the same endearing premise, charming storyline, and exquisite sound design as found in the first one, or even anything close to it. I've always wanted to see Skip Ltd do another platform adventure like the first one, but what they've released since the debut Chibi-Robo! has never been as fun or rewarding. It was a one-off.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) EmptySun 11 Oct 2015 - 12:13

Balladeer wrote:
shanks wrote:

How're you finding it, Shanks?

And for comparison's sake, how have you found Nintendo's other 2D platformers of recent vintage?  Clay Kirby, Wool Yoshi, Kong Donkey etc.

Love Yoshi, DK was alright and in saying that so is Chibi, admittedly I've only done a few stages. My only issue is you can't aim straight up with your cord which is a pain for boxes in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)   Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando) Empty

Back to top Go down

Chibi-Robo!: Zip Lash (ChiBionic Commando)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next