We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread

Go down 
+11
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
EofGizmo
masofdas
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

"A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 5 Jun 2015 - 17:05

Cool,

How are you picking what were sent is it totally random or drawn out of a hat or Mas like fighters so let give him the awful Castlevaina Figher.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jun 2015 - 18:50

A festering heap splatted onto my doormat today. I'll scrape it off my shoes over the weekend. (I assume that we're clamming up about what game we've received until the review goes live, right?)

As for where we review these things, I'm not sure whether anyone intends to post theirs on Gintendo - however, I'll be dropping mine in this thread. The project's mastermind hasn't even written a GN piece, after all.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jun 2015 - 18:53

My game come this morning, I will give it a play on Thursday.

Me & Drunka talked about it and we are putting here unless we play something & we feel we give it a justified review for Gintendo bit that's very unlikely due to the games were playing.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jun 2015 - 18:54

I had an unfortunate delivery when I got home from work today as well (side note: Its immensely vexing that Cappa can supply me with bum faster than Tesco could supply me with Splatoon.)

Me and Mas were discussing where to post this earlier. I'd say the thread for now, as its not like we're going to write reams and reams of text anyway. Maybe a compilation could go on the site at a later date, but this is just for our amusement.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jun 2015 - 19:40

Wanna bet? My game draws up an ethical debate that I've got about 500 words for without even having played the damn thing! Spoiler text I guess.

Many thanks to Mr. Phillips for this "opportunity".
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jun 2015 - 19:55

Prediction of Jimbob's game:
:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2015 - 15:37

That's a decent prediction that Drunka but surely we should have a ethical debate about most games and like the compilation idea which could be worked into a look back at the Wii & all it's shovelware.

Also kinda on topic I bought a game on PS4 which I quite liked the look of when it was announced then it got dreadful & I mean dreadful reviews that I wouldn't go near it unless really really cheap & till now only seen it once for £45 used. But now I've picked it up cheap & will play and review for Gintendo. Not sure if I will finish it as looking at info on it, it's one of the hardest games on the PS4 & about 60hrs long but Cappa inspired me to hunt down a cheap copy of it with his crap games review idea.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2015 - 16:20

masofdas wrote:

Also kinda on topic I bought a game on PS4 which I quite liked the look of when it was announced then it got dreadful & I mean dreadful reviews that I wouldn't go near it unless really really cheap & till now only seen it once for £45 used. But now I've picked it up cheap & will play and review for Gintendo. Not sure if I will finish it as looking at info on it, it's one of the hardest games on the PS4 & about 60hrs long but Cappa inspired me to hunt down a cheap copy of it with his crap games review idea.

Bloodbore, obviously.

EDIT: Missed the "N". Too good not to change, in this context. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 10 Jun 2015 - 19:05

masofdas wrote:
Cool,

How are you picking what were sent is it totally random or drawn out of a hat or Mas like fighters so let give him the awful Castlevaina Figher.

As you've already seen, I'll not look to people's individual tastes. The first game I bought went to the first forumite who replied (Balladeer), the second game I bought went to the second forumite who replied (Buska) and so on. I've got games 5, 6, 7 and 8 waiting here (including one that I genuinely think is the worst Wii game I've played).

Balladeer wrote:
A festering heap splatted onto my doormat today.  I'll scrape it off my shoes over the weekend.  (I assume that we're clamming up about what game we've received until the review goes live, right?)

Feel free to talk about your games all you want! All I wanted to do was to keep things a bit of a mystery for the recipent. For example, maybe Masofdas expected a Castlevania beat-em-up 'that might be all right', but he definitely didn't; I can imagine that he response he had to opening the package yesterday was one of sheer boredom.

Drunkalilly wrote:

Me and Mas were discussing where to post this earlier. I'd say the thread for now, as its not like we're going to write reams and reams of text anyway. Maybe a compilation could go on the site at a later date, but this is just for our amusement.

I'd say that's fair. The idea was for the forumites of the forum - I didn't think about Gintendo because, truthfully, I'm not a part of it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jun 2015 - 17:21

Masofdas Review of his crap game was he bowled over:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jun 2015 - 22:47

So you enjoyed it then mas? Laughing

I won't write a Gintendo piece if all else aren't - but I will write a 1000 word essay on my Tumblr, and then an abridged version to share with you lot. I don't think I can help myself; I think self-editing might be out the window on this one!

Thanks again to Cappa
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jun 2015 - 22:52

I'm really intrigued of what your game is Jim.

Along as we can all read it, can't see Cappa minding.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015 - 23:13

"The disc can be used as a coaster or to shovel up actual crap" is a quality line. Good stuff!

~

Jimbob's game is a belter. Certainly the worst of the round of games that I sent out last week - which is saying something.

~

For the benefit of everyone involved (and to answer masofdas' PM), my idea was that once you've played and reviewed the game, you can either send it back to me, or you can exchange it with other forumites' cr@p game so that we can get a few second, third and fourth opinions on each of the games I sent out.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015 - 23:19

I don't know if we want to put three other people through my horrendous game I played, but it's up to you Cappa.

Send me a PM with either your address or one of the forumites as I'm happy to play one of there crappy games or a new one.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 17:07

All the musicality of a flat tyre:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptySat 13 Jun 2015 - 22:33

Enjoyed that Balla! "YOU ABSCESS" is a stellar insult - one to add to the repertoire. Laughing

Also, forgot to comment on Mas's piece - the line Cappa picked out was my favourite too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 8:44

Many thanks Jay!  And yes, it's good to see Mas carry on the fine NGamer tradition of describing the uses of the disc when the game has none. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 10:04

Guys, this is all gold at the moment. Laughing

Cappa, I'll probably have one more go at mine, but I'll try and get it back to you in the next week or so. (I'm not I want it displayed on my shelf in such a prominent manner to be honest)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 10:05

Brilliant review, Balladeer - you've really delivered the goods there.

MMMM was always going to be the first game for this thread. How it wound up like that is a total mystery to me. It's from the creator of Parappa The Rapper FFS!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 10:41

Being a Ninty fanboy, I've never played Parappa. Aww! But I know it's a classic - and then, this.

I do wonder, after Mas' and my games, how many of this round of games are going to display some wonderfully decrepit Wiimote controls.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 11:06

Jimbob wrote:
Guys, this is all gold at the moment.  Laughing

Cappa, I'll probably have one more go at mine, but I'll try and get it back to you in the next week or so. (I'm not I want it displayed on my shelf in such a prominent manner to be honest)

No worries. I'm away on holiday at the end of this week, so right now I'm in no rush to get it - or anyone else's games - back.

Surprised that you're willing to give the game another go though!

Balladeer wrote:
Being a Ninty fanboy, I've never played Parappa. Aww! But I know it's a classic - and then, this.

I do wonder, after Mas' and my games, how many of this round of games are going to display some wonderfully decrepit Wiimote controls.

Jimbob's definitely does (and in hilarious fashion, I feel). Buska's game doesn't really. I'm not sure how he'll feel about his game truth be told. You'd have to be a certain sort of person to enjoy it...

~

I've got another round of games waiting here - is there anyone reading who isn't already involved that wants a game sent out to them?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 12:28

Good or should I say bad review of MMMM Balla, this has been a great idea by Cappa.

But yeah my game was just unplayable due to the controls, if I was playing something that had normal controls next time the use for the disc might be rather different.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 13:52

balladeer wrote:
Ironic, that a game starring a Major and Tom is lacking ground control.

That's a belter of a last line there, balla. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 14:03

Was pleased with that, not going to lie. The game basically put it on a tee for me - surprised that no other reviewers seem to have used something similar!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 19 Jun 2015 - 12:19

Great work so far guys! Sorry I haven't gotten involved yet, have just finished a nine-day week of lifting potatoes, with wrestling, e3 and drinking dominating my evenings. Hopefully I'll get some time with this and something written up on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread   "A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

"A Big Pot Full Of Bum": GNamer Forum Cr@p Game Reviews Thread
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next