We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tales of Series

Go down 
+2
flora-chan
masofdas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015 - 22:42

Yes I know there's one's on Nintendo & MS platforms but the vast majority are on Sony's and the two coming are on them.

News today Zestiria will be coming to the PS3, PS4 & PC this October Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 20:45

I told you they would bring the PS3 and PS4 to European with this game you didn't believe me and flora chan right once again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 20:55

No you said they would only bring to PS3, I said it would come to PS4 in the west due to the market now.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 20:57

No way man, they would 100% bring this to PS4 too for sure other why's they would miss out with profit and miss the opportunity for new players who are new to playstation.

Last edited by flora-chan on Sun 14 Jun 2015 - 21:00; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 21:00

That's what I said.

Anyway both games coming look good.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 21:04

Bandai Namco has announced the next entry in the series Tales of Berseria too Info link
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 21:11

Yeah that was the other one I was on about.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 21:14

This won't be done translated and complete until next year this game so plenty of time to catch up with the tales I need to do and this one in October coming up. Any news with one day edition and boxed figure they normally do bigger box special edition of Tales of Zestiria?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 16:24

I might get Zestiria for the novelty of playing a Tales game on PC.

Otherwise I've been done with this franchise since the quality decline last gen. It's clear that the almost-yearly release schedule is impacting quality, as what were once highly-polished RPGs feel quite lacking today, from a mixture of feature bloat and half-baked worlds filled with invisible walls and NPCs who have no dialogue.

The other issue I have is that every RPG Namco puts out goes under the Tales banner, so Namco can't afford to take risks with the series given the money and audience it brings in. Atlus' approach to consistently spin off new MegaTen series is a lot better I find. Persona's basically its own thing, for example, and Shin Megami Tensei is still going. Both Shin Megami Tensei IV and Persona 5 are polar opposites in terms of the audience they are attracting and (less so) their mentalities from a game-design standpoint.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptySat 27 Jun 2015 - 17:24

I think this will be the very first time the tales series is actually coming to a PC game so go for it and try it out you won't be disappointed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptyThu 17 Sep 2015 - 17:06

Zestiria is out soon but we only just got this PS4 version trailer
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 21:00

I reckon there's absolutely no point in putting this resurrection into GG because one and only one of its contributors so far is still here, but hey: I need to talk about Tales of Vesperia somewhere.

So yep: I've been playing Tales of Vesperia! It's not my first game in the series, but my hate for of the Abyss is pretty well known. So far Vesperia is not at all like Abyss. There's been very little faffing around, and the option for Japanese voice acting: having heard the American options, that's an absolute godsend.

Unlike Abyss, I'm really enjoying Vesperia. The characters are really good (apart from the wussy princess you guide, and even she's not dreadful). Yuri, the MC, in particular is a thoroughly enjoyable deadpan snarker antihero; same for Rita, your token mage. Even the fanservice character's good! The battling is also more fun than your average turn-based system.

My positive experiences of this are really making me sad that I missed out on (every other GameCube JRPG and) Tales of Symphonia. Maybe they'll port it again some day.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 21:10

Thanks for this, Balla. Tales of Berseria has been sat on my PS4 since Christmas so if I pull my finger out and stop pissing about with PS2 crap, I'll drop my thoughts in here too. I'm interested in the Tales of series in general, as it's all new to me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 21:26

Don't know if I'll really go back to any of them but hearing Destiny might get a remaster and Arise will go straight into Game Pass.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 22:29

Oh hey, more Tales gamers! I did wonder if, given the almost fighting-game battle system and the actually good dialogue, the series might appeal to more than the standard-issue nerd/weeb who plays things like Bravely Default games. Shifty I think Rum might be a fan too?

Would be keen to know how Berseria and Destiny/Arise go - not too keen, you understand, I don't want to become jealous.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptyMon 19 Apr 2021 - 22:15

Tales of Symphonia is one of my favourite games ever, in large part due to the nostalgia I have for it, but I'm pretty sure it's also genuinely a good game.

I enjoyed Tales of Berseria a lot and I thought Zestiria was pretty good, but it was noticeably weaker. I'm not going to defend Tales of the Abyss because I actually don't particularly remember it (it must be like 9, 10 years since I played it?) but I did quite like it at the time.

Vesperia is good, but I think I'd probably rank it 3rd behind Symphonia and Berseria. I can't even really pinpoint why to be honest. It's paced pretty well and it holds up considering it's a 13 year old game, but it just never gripped me quite as much as the other two. Still, I enjoyed it the first time round and I'm enjoying it enough this time too, and considering I got it for a tenner in a sale it's a decent quality RPG with a lot of bang for the buck.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 19:17

Oh Vesperia has lots of flaws that I can see dropping it down a notch.  One of those isn't the dull-as-heck overworld - not because it doesn't have one, but because Abyss had the same (and you had to play errand boy over it) and so I assume that's a series staple.  Interesting enough dungeon gimmicks, passable towns, dull overworld - which having played Bravely Default 2 (which does the opposite) I'm quite up for.  Same for the talky talky skit things, a part of the series I presume.  Just give us text boxes Namdai.  However, maybe the lack of any useful maps and the way all the sidequests seem to be missable gets patched up in other games?

I see they just announced another one for all the wrong machines. Sulk
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptyWed 21 Apr 2021 - 20:03

I actually quite like the skits in Tales - it's what I feel like the inner-party chat should have been in Octopath Traveller, because it fleshes the relationships out in a way that makes sense with the main plot.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptyFri 23 Apr 2021 - 20:58

I really like the idea behind them and the writing - it's just the fact that I can't force the pace. It was worse in Abyss where you got no voice-acting, but given that Vesperia has plenty of voiced cut-scenes where you can mash A to get through them, the skits feel like a jarring pace-break.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptySat 24 Apr 2021 - 8:56

Oh yeah, that's fair. I don't know why they don't let you skip through them quicker.

I've never really bothered with sidequests in Tales because as you say, they're quite often missable, and there's often no indication of what is and isn't a sidequest. And life's too short to refer to FAQs constantly!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptySun 2 May 2021 - 13:24

I'm done with Vesperia (having done very few sidequests for the above reasons!). Some final thoughts:

Vesperia spoilers:

I'm quibbling, it's a really good game; but I did think the last gasp was a bit weak. I played the game for apparently half the time I spent on Bravely Default 2 (60h), but unlike BD2 I was actively wanting it to end. Common problem in the genre I suppose.

Anyway, done now. Mas has been encouraging me to play Symphonia, and I do want to... but think I'll be hoping for a Switch refresh rather than pursuing it on PS3, or trying to dig out a GameCube memory card.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 9:01

Symphonia could do with a remaster but don't know if Namco in the thinking PS3 wasn't long ago and we want to sell Arise, which unfortunately isn't coming to Switch at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tales of Series Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tales of Series   Tales of Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Tales of Series
Page 1 of 1