We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)

Go down 
+7
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2016 - 6:59

I've used a Luigi and all it did was give me 3 special attacks you could say. ( I didn't really pay attention to the tutorial)
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2016 - 7:34

I wasn't at home when I unlocked it and then proceeded to forget about it until the final bosses. I then cursed myself for being an idiot.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Jan 2016 - 7:57

No new 3DS, no amiibo reader, no interest. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Jan 2016 - 8:59

DoPo, but can I ask: does anyone enjoy the Papercraft battles? My view on "special battle" types is that they should always speed the action up. Papercraft battles are slow, clunky, and easy. Their only saving grace is that they're not DTB's Giant Battles.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Jan 2016 - 9:04

You summed up my feelings in that last sentence, at least they aren't giant battles!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Jan 2016 - 18:35

I've not got to one yet - still getting used to having Paper Mario in the mix, never mind Paper Craft!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Jan 2016 - 21:45

Well I'm still of the opinion that they're clunky bastards. Anyway.

I've just got back to
Location spoilers for midgame:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 22:04

Tonight, this game came very close to making me dock a point off the 8/10 I'll almost certainly eventually award it. It was on the penultimate stretch, and there's a very long segment, followed by a very tough segment (unless presumably you use the battle card that makes it a cakewalk, but that felt cheaty), followed by presumably a few more very tough segments, without a save point or healing. After the third inability to pick the first boss' one-hit kill attack, I rage-quit.

Coming back to it, though, it's not as bad as it looks. That sequence of boss fights that I presumed would be very tough got steadily easier, the last one being a cakewalk. But I still would recommend gearing up before that fight. You'll know it because you'll see the Bowsers waiting for you at the end of a long walkway.

Also: Toad Trail. Anyone any good at it? I'm terrible at it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptyThu 4 Feb 2016 - 22:17

I ended up turning it down to easy for the end game because it just got stupidly difficult. I'm a fellow awful Toad Trailer
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptySat 6 Feb 2016 - 13:22

ZeroJones wrote:
No. *shudder* I've only just got Paper Mario into the team - I will try it at some stage, though. I thought you were the amiibo King, smurfy? Winky Face
I am, my throne is made up of all the opened packaging. I still haven't tried it though, will give it a go when I get home and report back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptySat 6 Feb 2016 - 15:19

This is in the back burner for me as I CANT SNESK PADT THOSE DAMN FLYGUYS!!! It's where I need to get 15 paper toads again
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 8:17

Ah, I usually hate stealth sections but I managed to do okay in these ones! Fortunately they're not too frequent.

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I ended up turning it down to easy for the end game because it just got stupidly difficult.

I didn't find the final boss too bad, actually! Then again, I used a tonne of 1-Up DXes and Max Nuts. War of attrition.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptySun 7 Feb 2016 - 10:14

Not the final boss itself, the rush before it. I just couldn't be bothered to turn it back to normal Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptySun 5 Jun 2016 - 18:48

Back on this as a window between finishing Bravely Second and buying Planet Robobobobobobobot has opened up. The trio is in a desert, waiting to learn a high jump move of some sort. It's a little more engaging than I remember, though needing to cover three sets of dodges is more complicated than my dexterity allows... Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptySun 5 Jun 2016 - 19:18

Hope you enjoy it Zero! Looking back, it's an enjoyable game, but not particularly memorable. Real shame there were no non-standard-Mario-universe enemies involved.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 EmptySat 18 Jun 2016 - 11:50

Back in the papery saddle again, as I said on Backloggery. It's pretty fun, especially when the Paper Toad rescue stuff means the game's got a different rhythm compared to previous M&L games. And the Papercraft battles are a welcome change from the Giant Battles of the previous two titles (even if, as has been mentioned, they are clunky and odd).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)   Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario & Luigi Paper Jam (Come On And Slam)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3