We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)

Go down 
+10
Jimbob
Athrun888
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
shanks
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) Empty
PostSubject: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:47

Well that's what I'm going to call it for a while anyway..

So what we think of it? Me I'm not sure at the moment.. I was more excited when the Hyrule Warriors 3ds thing was rumoured
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:09

It's got an actual title, Shanks!  The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes.  If you don't change it, I'll be forced to, and who knows what might happen then... Cheeky

EDIT: I warned yer!

I liked the look of this!  So grateful that it can be played in single-player.  I enjoyed Four Swords Adventures, and always felt that it deserved a follow-up.  A rare good news story in the Direct.

Last edited by Balladeer on Tue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 19:31

Quite nice that this has online multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:32

I''ve got a couple of friends I'll probably play this with in real life, but online play is definitely a nice touch! I wasn't overly fussed at first, but this actually looks like something I'll really enjoy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:34

Definitely up for giving it a go. Bit of an odd one though innit?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:47

Yeah but that's part of the appeal
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:49

I will get as its Zelda, it does look good though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 23:12

It looks good, but it's basically an expansion to A Link Between Worlds, what with it straight up using the same UI. That's not a bad thing by any stretch - ALBW was bloody brilliant - but it feels like I've seen it before as a consequence.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 2:03

Balladeer wrote:
It's got an actual title, Shanks!  The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes.  If you don't change it, I'll be forced to, and who knows what might happen then... Cheeky

EDIT: I warned yer!

Yeah sorry I fell asleep Embarrassed

Yeah I'm liking the online multiplayer aspect of it as well, may not use it as my housemates will probably get the game as well but it's nice to be there
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 7:48

Well up for this. The Four Swords template is brilliant, so I'm hoping for more of the same... particularly now I can play alongside y'all using the power of the Internet *is paired up with strangers, Splatoon style*

Well, shoot. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 9:04

JayMoyles wrote:
It looks good, but it's basically an expansion to A Link Between Worlds, what with it straight up using the same UI. That's not a bad thing by any stretch - ALBW was bloody brilliant - but it feels like I've seen it before as a consequence.

It's to ALBW what Four Swords Adventures was to LttP, if you like. Seeing as I felt FSA was a seriously underrated little (force) gem, I'm definitely up for more of that.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 9:41

I think I might skip this one, not because of anything wrong with it but because I don't feel the game will feel right in single player.  How to put it?  I just don't think I'd get the proper experience if I were to play this in single player, and since my internet is sheet for anything outside turn based games I'm unlikely to get any online action either.  I'll keep an eye on this though, you never know and if anyone can make the game still feel good in single player despite being a multiplayer oriented experience it's Nintendo.  

Besides I still have the reputedly excellent albw to play so I won't starve!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 17 Jun 2015 - 21:15

Ah, straight in. This will be a family game rather than a mates game, so local multiplayer should = family bantz. Bantz in fact that started during the Direct itself.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyThu 18 Jun 2015 - 14:05

It's looking good! I especially like the idea of spamming the icons and "misinterpreting" your team-mates' messages. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptySun 21 Jun 2015 - 21:53

It's not done all that often but multiplayer Zelda has always been great fun and I enjoyed a Link Between Worlds so I'll be very interested in this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyFri 26 Jun 2015 - 23:35

I'm really looking forward to this. Pulling off two great Zelda games a generation is a hard task (Spirit Tracks always felt like a game made out of obligation), and I'm glad ALBW's director has returned to do this, taking it in a new direction.

Sounds like they will nail online as well, apparently if a player drops out the game will save where you got to if it can't find an immediate replacement. And as Balladeer mentioned, the pings system looks like a laugh -- I'd take that over voice chat any day.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 15:10

While I've not even considered that the gender of Link might be considered a problem, this is an awful awful way of arguing about it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 15:59

Wow, that defence was almost as lame as making an issue out of Link's gender to begin with.  Laughing   That said it's just another sign that political correctness should learn when its presence is needed and when not.  

Also I can see how actually making one of the Link's female could actually backfire and make something that is as it stands basically gender neutral in to something that favours one gender or the other.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 16:57

Make the pink Link female and watch what happens...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:43

There's no reason, really, not to have a number of different heroes bowl up to the hootenanny (*puts Zerothesaurus to one side*) - Link, Zelda, Impa, Sheik, Groose - and put a fork in it there. However, that's what's happening with MP:FF, and the backlash! I don't know if you heard about it...

tl;dr: they could have put female characters in there quite easily.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:45

Nah, don't buy it.  They wanted to make the heroes of the game three copies of Link, who has always been male (despite Masofdas' cheaty answer to this month's MtAT), like it was in Four Swords.  But, y'know, with three of them. I don't see the problem, in this case.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 18:50

I agree that there's not really a problem - Nintendo have, as Emily Rogers tweeted, a large number of playable female characters in their history and recent history (and Toadette) - but there was an opportunity that could have been taken and was not.
Back to top Go down
euan707
Philips CD-i Title
euan707

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 21:41

So there's just been an interesting article posted on Zelda Informer, asking if a Zelda game can be too silly to be considered part of the timeline and, if so, does Triforce Heroes cross this line.

Personally, I think the official timeline will take a more linear approach, with a set story that doesn't necessarily reflect perfectly on what can be done in the game. For example, the timeline description of the game will likely only include the regular costumes, ignoring the (pretty nifty) Zelda costume. What's everyone else's thoughts? Can a Zelda game be TOO silly?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyWed 1 Jul 2015 - 22:20

Eh, the timeline's more contrived than this comparison anyway. I presume this'll fit in with FSA and Minish Cap and the other Vaati games, but I'm not going to lose sleep over whether or not Link wears a dress.

Speaking of which, I feel that Link wearing a dress is pretty cool on the whole PC "front".
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 19:33

This is probably too silly.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) Empty

Back to top Go down

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next