We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)

Go down 
+10
Jimbob
Athrun888
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
shanks
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyThu 2 Jul 2015 - 20:50

I've seen those CDi clips in so many YouTube videos that they've almost been disassociated from Zelda for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 10:07

Lots more TH information. Summary: no two-player co-op. but there is a two-player "duel" mode, Zelda-franchise costumes but no other Nintendo franchises (watch out for the Tingle one!), voice chat made the game too obvious, and the place in the timeline is undecided. It is going into the timeline, though!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyWed 22 Jul 2015 - 23:57

Played this at Hyper Japan. It's really good fun, and the level designs are pretty devious, forcing you all to co-operate as a group and utilise each player's unique items.

It actually had me worried that the online mode might feel a bit flat, though. Unlike Splatoon, it's not always obvious what you should all be doing as a co-ordinated group, and the pings on the lower screen might not be enough. A lot of the solutions to the puzzles are quite elaborate to execute, in typical arcade-style 2D Zelda, and you lose one heart for every mistake you might make, so I hope playing online doesn't turn into an exercise trial-and-error.

You can see why developers sometimes stray away from offering online functionality on games where it isn't the *only* mode -- like NSMB U and Rayman Legends -- while it's nice to have the option it doesn't mean you should use it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 7:23

All the interviews I've read so far suggest that it's been a careful balance with regard to difficulty and communicability of ideas. My enthusiasm for it is huge, but a bit of wariness has started to creep in... froooooonk! DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2015 - 10:00

Oct 23rd for this, not sure if I will get on launch as Oct is normally a busy month for games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2015 - 10:45

Day 1 for me, barring awful reviews.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Aug 2015 - 11:04

Snap and ditto!

Mmmm... Pokémon... :homer:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Sep 2015 - 13:47

Let's build some hype!  New trailer, featuring...  Tingle Tights!? No

EDIT: NOOOOO NINTENDO LIFE Y U GOTTA SPOIL MY HYPE Sad

Reading that all the way through, I'm actually put off in a way I'd have thought inconceivable. It's so emphatically negative about almost everything.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Sep 2015 - 19:46

It's multiplayer Zelda, which I keep calling for whenever the question is put to me... I have to support it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyMon 28 Sep 2015 - 21:23

Doesn't sound promising if you've not got a few local mates to play through with on a regular basis... Meh
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 7:53

Called this happening way back at e3, suffice to say I'm not bothering with this one.  Not that I'm against multiplayer games, but given my circumstances I'm not going to buy them either unless they have extensive singe player modes. Which this lacks, or rather, it lacks a good frustration free one.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 9:51

I was a little on the fence with the game but was likely to pick it up because it's ZELDA but when I played at EGX it was really fun to play but we were playing local and there was 3 of us. That maybe over the net with some lag the experience might not of been as fun.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 10:14

I should really find out if my housemates are getting it, then I'll get it as I'm not really wanting to play by myself
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 13:26

I've started trying to convince my few real-life 3DS-owning (or in one case soon-to-be-owning) friends to pick this up. Sounds like there's still a good game to be had, if and only if you can get your hands on two friends with 3DSes in "Meatspace".
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 18:12

Balla wrote:
"Meatspace"

Or as I like to call it, the World Wide Wiener-schnitzel.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 18:23

Jaster making a late sprint for the 2015 Funniest Forumite award!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Sep 2015 - 19:17

Balladeer wrote:
"Meatspace".

Afraid Thumbs Down... No
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 12:10

My main gripe with this just seems that there isn't a whole lot of content but I'm hopeful with Nintendo's style for updating games as of late that there'll be lots of new levels on that way.

I'm under the belief that it's multiplayer Zelda so it's going to be great fun and with any luck can lead to something like a home console version being on the way too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 12:30

I'm still super upset that there is no two player support.

Finding one friend with a 3DS who likes Zelda and will want to play in local co-op = easy.
Getting two friends together both with 3DS' and who like Zelda and will want to play in local co-op = organisational nightmare.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 12:42

And that's why Online play will always win.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 12:49

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 Vf
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 12:59

andyman949 wrote:
And that's why Online play will always win.

Getting two friends online to play Zelda = no one can be bothered because it's no where near as fun. Also still an organisational nightmare.

Basically doing anything with more than one other person is a lot of effort because conflicting schedules so restricting it to 3 players is dumb.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 13:03

Conflicting Schedules is much less of an issue if you're online though, no travel issues, no time for travelling, just logging on and playing. I'm not surprised that they don't allow for 2 players, it'd either be a less good mix of both styles or an entire 3rd version of the game.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 15:12

Four Swords worked in 2 player fine - you just each controlled 2 of the Links. If there is a singleplayer mode where you control all 3, I don't understand why there can't be a 2 player mode where one person has 2 and the other just 1.

And on the online front, I still play the majority of multiplayer in local. I think the fact that meeting up with people does require travelling etc. is what makes it in fact "easier" - it's all planned and that time is set aside. Can easily hang out and play games for 6 hours or longer, whereas online is always a hassle to get people around at the same time, full of distractions so we play for a lot less time, and half the time is riddled with connection issues.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 17:52

For someone who plays online MP on quite a regular basis I agree with andy that it's easier to set up & play than local MP games, though this clearly comes down to two things: 1. personal preference & 2. if you have friends IRL that play games as much as you might do.

A 3 player limit is still odd considering 4 is the most used for co-op games. (I guess they obviously want to differentiate it from four swords)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)   Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes (Trying to Force a Subtitle)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next