We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.

Go down 
+13
OrangeRakoon
oldschool
Jimbob
masofdas
shanks
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
The_Jaster
Balladeer
JayMoyles
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyThu 10 Mar 2016 - 9:47

Is it? I would hazard there are a lot more FPS games with a realistic style than there are chibi-styled.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 0:16

I didn't mean there's lot's of FPS chibi style games but that the chibi style itself is just as generic as space marines.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 17:03

But you don't play main Chibi game though Jas but then again if it went for Space Marines for the visuals likes of Balla could say similar, it's a hard one maybe they should of gone for the semi-realistic.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2016 - 23:38

mas wrote:
But you don't play main Chibi game though Jas.....

Not sure what you mean here because of that typo, also I was just saying the game would have appealed to me a lot more if the art style was more in line with a traditional Metroid which wouldn't be impossible since Hunters done that on the DS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Mar 2016 - 9:08

It should of been many and to you it's a style you may play often, I get what your saying Jas but it's a hard one as if they went for space marines people would of gone that's boring.

That can't really win with either of these styles, that they may f should have gone for a semi-realistic sort of style.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Mar 2016 - 14:54

That's why I said drunka had a fair point & I don't have to play many chibi style games to know it is also overused as an art style.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Mar 2016 - 21:59

it sure is in the RPG genre like how Space Marines are in FPS's, that it is refreshing to see a different style in the FPS but it's not one that really suits.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 13:54

Yeah I think my point was that more realistic space marines would look even more generic, plus not great due to the hardware limitations.

But y'know everyone said they hated how Wind Waker looked when it was announced so... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Mar 2016 - 14:27

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Yeah I think my point was that more realistic space marines would look even more generic, plus not great due to the hardware limitations.

But y'know everyone said they hated how Wind Waker looked when it was announced so... Winky Face

It's not even the same as that though because this wasn't revealed to be a "realistic" looking game at first, also I was fine with how Wind Waker looked.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 15:11

Dated! 2nd September for Europe. I'm still up for this, mainly because I want to get good use out of the New 3DS's second stick. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyWed 20 Apr 2016 - 15:19

I'm by no means excited for it but I think I will get it just to have
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Jul 2016 - 16:13

A NintendoLife hands on is released from the claws of the Chozo statue (sometimes I shouldn't type words). I'm pleased to read that the single player isn't going to be like Tri Force Heroes' was: as much as I love that game, you had to play it with other people. In any case, still keen on the game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Jul 2016 - 16:44

Also sudden free Blast Ball for the interested. I'm still not sure that includes me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Jul 2016 - 17:47

Got this on download right now but it'll be strange if this isn't in the final game as they said it was basically a tutorial for the main game, didn't they?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyThu 21 Jul 2016 - 23:32

Downloading it as I go to sleep, can hopefully get a game on over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Jul 2016 - 9:46

All the impressions of this game I have seen are actually very positive, once you get over the Metroid branding.

Need to get my online working on 3DS (somehow) so I can play Blast Ball!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptySat 23 Jul 2016 - 12:19

There's mention of a full version of Blast Ball becoming available on the main menu so perhaps going to be released as a standalone title of not a part of Federation Force. Wouldn't mind giving it a proper go online though, it's got a rocket league vibe and I'm a little fond of that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptySun 7 Aug 2016 - 17:17

Just had a quick bash of Blast Ball and, predictably, I'm crap at it. Everything works smoothly enough, which is promising for the finished game... but I have no idea what I'm doing! Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2016 - 7:03

DoPo to drop off Link a link to NintendoLife's MP: FF review. Over a hundred comments in under two hours. I stopped reading them when I got to

Tone of review:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2016 - 10:47

I have seen some other reviews which are on the lower side of review scores, and the game doesn't come out over here till September that there will be more reviews and we will have better idea if want to buy the game or not.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2016 - 18:55

I've read the GiaG review & it sounds like a wait for it to drop to £20 type of game but that rarely happens to Nintendo games.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptyThu 25 Aug 2016 - 18:25

Nintendo bringing out the big guns to sell this to fans: not only is there a StreetPass puzzle, we also have a MyNintendo theme featuring Samus! Not that Samus will feature in the game. Hmmm.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Aug 2016 - 10:27

So I decided to get the Jap version and have only gotten as far as completing the training
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Aug 2016 - 16:59

Has anyone fired up Blast Ball yet? I think it has an online multiplayer, so we should probably give it a go.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 EmptySun 28 Aug 2016 - 18:19

Only had a brief play against the AI but it seems like good fun and could be fairly tense multiplayer at times.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.   Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Metroid Prime: Federation Force AKA The Metroid that you never really wanted.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5