We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Post another tagline!

Go down 
+14
Jimbob
Treesmurf
NintenDUCK
The Cappuccino Kid
gjones
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
shanks
JayMoyles
euan707
masofdas
Dead Lemon
Buskalilly
Balladeer
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Post another tagline! - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyFri 1 Sep 2017 - 12:39

Pasta, eh?
  • Apolognese Justice
  • Spaghetti alla puttaNessca
  • Carbonaraquanid
  • ArRabbidata
  • Gnocchi Bay
  • Ravio-li

And not pasta, but it needs to be done: NOW IT'S Quiche LorREYN TIME!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 18:22

Balladeer wrote:
Pasta, eh?

• Apolognese Justice
  • Spaghetti alla puttaNessca
  • Carbonaraquanid
  • ArRabbidata
  • Gnocchi Bay
  • Ravio-li

And not pasta, but it needs to be done: NOW IT'S Quiche LorREYN TIME!

...I grimaced more and more the further I got down that list and it all culminated with a proper groan with that Reyn pun. Jesus, Balla. No
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyMon 4 Sep 2017 - 18:51

I'm surprised you get that one. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 22:38

• Seath the Kaleless
  • Pito, First of the Bread
  • The Witch of Pie-zalith
  • Gwyn, the Lord of Cinammon
  • The Fork Ings
  • Master Cheese Pepperoni Officer John 117
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 22:50

Drunkalilly wrote:

• Pito, First of the Bread

This is tremendous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyThu 7 Sep 2017 - 23:22

Laughing great stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyFri 8 Sep 2017 - 19:49

ZeroJones wrote:
The restaurant will have one Nintendo-themed dish of the day every day, and the admin team have cooked a few up already...

I OBJECT
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyFri 8 Sep 2017 - 20:23

Post another tagline! - Page 22 Tenor
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyFri 8 Sep 2017 - 21:46

Fair enough. Today's is tied to the fact that Monster Hunter Stories was released today; the admins have received constructive criticism in the past that they haven't taken such things into account during months like this. I'm happy with the decision we made but will admit culpability for the phrasing of the month's theme.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySat 9 Sep 2017 - 9:05

Oh, I was OBJECTing to Drunka's Dark Souls suggestions (which were presumably winding me up anyway, after the discussion in MtAT), not yesterday's tagline!  If it's on a Ninty console, it's fair game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySat 9 Sep 2017 - 17:08

We've had plenty of Nontendo related taglines before though & we even call stuff that isn't Nintendo "nontendo" so I'd argue it's part of the forum, I honestly don't get the problem here. Wasn't there like a whole month of taglines based around Pokemon? All of those flew over my head unless it was based on 'mon that are well known (pikachu, Charmander etc) yet I never let them bother me to the point where I thought they shouldn't be allowed just because I'm not into the Pokemon series, these food taglines are up for a day or 2 at the most so I'm sure it'll be fine if they are spaced out.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySat 9 Sep 2017 - 17:39

Jas we've said similar things before to Balla about Nontendo and how the site is a Nintendo-focused gaming forum (well in my opinion and 90% of us play on other systems) and I've given up and why I've not come up with any taglines as to me it should just be gaming themed but no we have to do Nintendo.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 7:30

Balladeer wrote:
Oh, I was OBJECTing to Drunka's Dark Souls suggestions (which were presumably winding me up anyway, after the discussion in MtAT), not yesterday's tagline!  If it's on a Ninty console, it's fair game.

The_Jaster wrote:
We've had plenty of Nontendo related taglines before though & we even call stuff that isn't Nintendo "nontendo" so I'd argue it's part of the forum, I honestly don't get the problem here. Wasn't there like a whole month of taglines based around Pokemon? All of those flew over my head unless it was based on 'mon that are well known (pikachu, Charmander etc) yet I never let them bother me to the point where I thought they shouldn't be allowed just because I'm not into the Pokemon series, these food taglines are up for a day or 2 at the most so I'm sure it'll be fine if they are spaced out.

masofdas wrote:
Jas we've said similar things before to Balla about Nontendo and how the site is a Nintendo-focused gaming forum (well in my opinion and 90% of us play on other systems) and I've given up and why I've not come up with any taglines as to me it should just be gaming themed but no we have to do Nintendo.

Jay and I are in discussion on this in the Admin forum. Please understand.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 9:36

Oh. I didn't mean to turn this into some big 'thing'.

In answer to Jas' question, though: this is either a Nintendo forum or a Nintendo-focussed gaming forum, depending on (snip! Ed.), so I feel the vast majority of the taglines should be Nintendo. If you wanted to, you could buy a Pokémon game on your Ninty machine, but you choose not to. Soulsborne games aren't available on Ninty machines. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't own a Soulsborne game on one. That's the difference.

That said, the admins. do include the odd Nontendo one, and that's their prerogative; hence why my initial post was light-hearted (two words, block caps can't be construed as a serious argument about anything... except on Twitter). The second one was only more serious to clarify my stance.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 10:02

Yeah I got that it was light-hearted which is why I responded initially with a gif.

balla wrote:
In answer to Jas' question, though: this is either a Nintendo forum or a Nintendo-focussed gaming forum, depending on (snip! Ed.), so I feel the vast majority of the taglines should be Nintendo.

I don't disagree that they mostly should be Nintendo focussed given that's how most of us started gaming & most of the time they are but I also don't mind if they relate to other stuff we like/discuss on the forum either.

If they are funny and we know at least what they're referencing then I say it's fair game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 10:24

I agree with Jas as take the Souls games a lot of of the forum play those games and talk about them, to me they're part of the forum and because they aren't on Nintendo they shouldn't possibly have a tagline, seems a little daft as one or two people choose not to be able to play them.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:11

I'd also argue that the Souls games are some of the most Nintendo nontendo games you'll ever play.

I also didn't even read where Zero said the word Nintendo re: this month.

I also did it very deliberately to wind Balla up and, god damn it, I'll do it again!

Balladeer

As someone who's literally barely plugged his XBox in since the Switch launched, I think I can be trusted not to lead anyone too far astray from the One True Games Company.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:13

I DOUBLY OBJECT

Post another tagline! - Page 22 Latest?cb=20140706005147
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:21

Man, that looks really weird without the desk in front of them . . .
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:22

Yup. Meh At least Mia was allowed to keep marginally more of her torso than Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptySun 10 Sep 2017 - 20:37

My personal objection is that none of them are actually dishes that would be served in a restaurant. Eh?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyMon 11 Sep 2017 - 19:55

Puddings:
  • Spotted Dick Gumshoe
  • Terramisu Branford
  • Ice Cream the Rabbit
  • Pokémon Sun-dae
  • Coffeegrigus Cake
  • Kalimari Dessert (natch)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 18:33

I'd like to add ArzChurros to the above list, in honour of the recent released of MHS and hoping for support from Drunka.

Has to be Metroid-related tomorrow though. If Samusas don't take your fancy, we also serve Fruits de Mertroid.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 18:36

I know it's not food related but I do like

Nintendo is DOOMed
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 EmptyThu 14 Sep 2017 - 18:46

As do I. One to save up for another month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post another tagline!   Post another tagline! - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Post another tagline!
Page 22 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 29 ... 37  Next