We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT Empty
PostSubject: Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT   Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT EmptySun 28 Jun 2015 - 0:47

Courtesy of our good friends at Game Freak: http://blogs.sega.com/2015/03/11/grandmaster-trunk-sega-game-freak-announce-tembo-the-badass-elephant/

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBcP_q5j9yY

I just remembered this exists. To be honest, I never thought it looked much cop -- it's obviously taking cues from Donkey Kong Country (even the sound effect for collecting peanuts is a little familiar), and it doesn't seem to be doing anything all that unique.

As for the lack of a Wii U release, I'm sure it's because Sega is publishing it, a publisher who has practically dropped Wii U support for everything that isn't a Sonic exclusive.

Though my theory is this: Game Freak would have originally shopped around their proof of concept for this game to Nintendo first, like they did Harmoknight. Nintendo probably rejected it, so their next port of call would be Sega. Unlike Harmoknight, this doesn't really seem like the sort of game that Nintendo needs to add variety to their catalogue of Wii U titles.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT   Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT EmptyThu 23 Jul 2015 - 20:08

I understand this is out now - has anyone indulged?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT   Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT EmptySat 25 Jul 2015 - 0:16

No but I think I will, there seems to be a fairly big buzz around this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT   Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT EmptySat 25 Jul 2015 - 8:27

I seen a video on this the other day and it looks pretty good, though the art style of this can't help me think it would have been more at home on the 3ds there is lots of shifts between the foreground and background as well, without that 3d the visuals can be a bit messy/distracting to look at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT   Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT Empty

Back to top Go down

Tembo the BADASS ELEPHANT
Page 1 of 1