We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What podcasts are you listening to?

Go down 
+9
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Fastpie
Balladeer
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
masofdas
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyThu 7 Apr 2016 - 1:29

I guess you could say I've started with the Funhaus podcast
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyThu 7 Apr 2016 - 19:42

Oh c'mon Shanks! If you're going to push my post off the latest page, at least tell us a bit about Funhaus, why you like it etc.!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 9:08

I could do and I should but I won't mention that I like them as they talk random crap about what ever big thing is happening From Bats Vs Supes to what ever gaming thing is happening at the time.

I honestly can't say why I like them, I think It's mainly as I watch some of their other stuff and just stumbled upon it
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyFri 8 Apr 2016 - 9:19

Eh, better than nothing!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyFri 15 Apr 2016 - 22:16

Just started listening to podcasts since I've started a new job with a long commute. Hopping between Welcome to Night Vale, The Adam Buxton Podcast and Pixels at the moment, though I'm looking to find more gamey ones as I've been pretty out of touch with the gaming world as of late!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Apr 2016 - 7:51

I've discovered that the host of the rather excellent Videogame Nation on Challenge (Dan Maher) also does a podcast with three pals called The Explosive Alan Podcast, and it's also rather excellent! Well worth a listen.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 14:25

Discovered the gaming equivalent of Desert Islands Discs, called Final Games Podcast. A guy who works in the industry asks videogame journalists or industry figures to name 8 games they would take to a desert island, and to talk about why. They really go in depth (each episode is at least 2-3 hours). Well worth checking out (not the pilot one). The guests also explain how they got in to the industry.

https://soundcloud.com/finalgamespodcast
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 19:57

I thought that was alright, but I've not had the motivation to continue, I've not been as able to listen to pods at work though, so I think it's more that I'm keeping up with better 'casts at the moment instead of catching up.

I've recently picked up the IGN UK Podcast, Joe Skrebels and Gav Murphy made it a cast I had to try and it is a lot of fun. Not sure it's one I'll be listening to the back catalogue for, but I do like the IGN UK crew right now.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 20:12

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I've recently picked up the IGN UK Podcast, Joe Skrebels and Gav Murphy made it a cast I had to try and it is a lot of fun. Not sure it's one I'll be listening to the back catalogue for, but I do like the IGN UK crew right now.

You have my attention. I don't particularly care for deep: is it funny?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 21:00

Yeah, the last 2 episodes are a good point to jump on. Gav's Keyword Countdown game is a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyThu 2 Jun 2016 - 21:48

Sounds superb, I'll give it a listen! Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySun 5 Jun 2016 - 22:26

Final Games I've subscribed to, but I only download if I know or like the interviewee.

IGN I haven't tried, but Joe and Gav do make it tempting... next time I have no new episodes, I know where I'll go!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Jun 2016 - 11:58

I've subscribed to it, it's really good when Joe and Gav are on. I'm worried that it'll lose much of the #bantz when they're rotated out. Also, I really don't care about most other pop-culture outside games, so the film bits bore me rather. Although I'm still interested in Keyword Countdown, mostly for Ali/yc/sia's nervous breakdowns and the theme tunes.

"I always review games with my ovaries. The right one's twitching, that means it's an 8.9." Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2016 - 19:13

Following on from the above, this week's top line was someone's attempt at what Lickitung might sound like: "That sounds like a moth masturbating."

Still couldn't care less about the film bits.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2016 - 22:17

Aye, that was certainly an interesting description Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyFri 18 Nov 2016 - 13:35

And again: last week's IGN UK podcast is just... beyond weird.  Hilarious, but very strange.  (It has Joe and Gav, which helps.)

I've also started listening to IGN's Nintendo Voice Chat, although it definitely has the lowest priority of everything I'll listen to. Less funny, more American. But it's a Nintendonly podcast, and they aren't that common these days.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 18:00

I've gotten into the IGN UK one now. It's odd- the Videogamer one has become quite dry and the IGN one is now the wacky one with the personalities. Obviously, neither of them will ever be as entertaining as the amateur enthusiast UK podcast scene (Midnight Resistance, The Computer Game Show, Cane and Rinse, Daft Souls and so on).

I've also gotten into the Guardian's Chips With Everything. Short episodes, well put together, games adjacent- relevant to my interests, but different enough stuff to avoid repeating what I hear elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 19:05

Slapped 3 Minute Gamer into my ear holes, but only the one with yer man Scullion

DIGRESSION ALERT: Feel legally obliged to call him that now.

waxing lyrical about Super Mario Bros. so far. I think I mentioned to Balla somewhere that the one after that featured James Bowden talking up Meteos.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 21:23

Balladeer wrote:
it's a Nintendonly podcast, and they aren't that common these days.

I've been trying to find a Xbox-centric One but all I can really find is IGN's Unlocked which has the two out of three IGN staff members I can't stand.

I get gaming news for all formats stuff eg Destiny, PlayStation and Nintendo but not Xbox, I'm not planning to go get a Xbox One but I'd like to hear about Sea of Thieves, The Last Night, Tacoma, Ooblets etc which some are only timed exclusives and I wouldn't be playing them on Xbox or PC but I still like to get peoples thoughts on those games as they'd likely get missed on the other gaming podcasts.

Some of Drunkas picks might be worth a listen but that is more time talking/listing/watching about games then actually playing them and I do too much of the former already.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Jul 2017 - 8:21

masofdas wrote:
Some of Drunkas picks might be worth a listen but that is more time talking/listing/watching about games then actually playing them and I do too much of the former already.

I wonder about that quite a lot. I don't listen to as many as I once did, but it can be a lot sometimes. I tend to listen to them when I'm walking to and from work, or while I'm doing cooking and cleaning, all that sort of thing. I've also been dropping a few so I have more time to listen to Japanese instead.

Drunka's current  podcast list:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 23:08

I'd love to be listening to a wider variety of podcasts - I only regularly catch the ones on the Laser Time network - but I don't have the time. However, if I did, I'd start from the Summerhayes list there.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyWed 5 Jul 2017 - 21:13

Even if you've not got the time or interest, there's a little podcast called Monster Mash which you could follow, subscribe to and rate and review on itunes.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Mar 2018 - 10:40

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Several of my videogame/pop-culture podcasts are going on hiatus shortly. I know this has probably been covered above, but a year is a long time, so: what gaming 'casts do people currently recommend?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptySun 25 Mar 2018 - 11:03

I listened to The Computer Game (Hey it's the Computer Game Show, not the Computergame Show) Show for the first time yesterday as it popped up in the tweets you've missed section that Drunka had tweeted about them as hey was mugged right off in the first 20mins.

I tweeted out and the guys did respond to me and said give it 3 cast to see if I like or not.

From the 1 cast, so far, I have to say even though I don't know who these guys are, I can tell they're passionate and want to have a good cast.

But it was 2hrs long which fine as I played some FM17 (FEM18 Touch is coming to Switch, whoop) which is fine and dandy but couldn't do that all the time as someone who unlike Drunka at the moment isn't travelling.

The other problem is the content as I like I said I can tell they loved talking about what they had been playing but it was things like PUBG, Fortnite, Rainbow Six they did have a few spells of Persona 5, Yakuza but they went on about that's what their friends are playing etc and I don't know if that will change and I'm not that interested in those sort of games, I play Overwatch in that sort of game and that's enough for me unless one those comes to Switch and we all get on it and then it only be because everyone is playing it.

To actually answer your question, Jim, I now listen to less as I don't check out Kinda Funny since Colin left unless it has a guest I may enjoy or is E3 week with predictions and stuff as that's always fun.

That it is just two both from IGN as I've listened to 400 odd episodes which our Game Scoop as it covers all the systems and I really do like 20 questions and the other is NVC as it's a Nintendo focused cast which at the moment with all the eShop games each week is useful as they will talk about all them and highlight a pick out of them.

I may also watch Beyond or Unlocked depending on who's on as I can't stand Max or Ryan and would take something special to do so with those on them.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Mar 2018 - 0:54

My favourites were always Midnight Resistance and Daft Souls, but both are now dead Sad

The Computer Game Show
The only actual good games podcast. Like Mas says, the games they're covering aren't always ones I'm interested in but I listen for the humour, the personalities, the little dramas and that stuff. One of these a week will do you right.

Cane and Rinse
Watch Out For Fireballs
Two games club style podcasts, where each week they pick a very specific game, new or old, and cover it really in-depth. With these ones, I don't listen if it's not a game I'm interested in. On the flip side, the nature of the shows mean back episodes are evergreen.
WOFF is part of Duckfeed, a network of shows which used to feature the mighty Bonfireside Chat, a fantastic Dark Souls show. They also have one called Monster of the Week, which is about Supernatural, which I've never listened to but I've been meaning to suggest to Balla.

Bit Socket
The absolute best. They haven't been doing loads of episodes lately, as both lads just had kids, but this is hilarious stuff. There's nothing to stop you going back and listening to old ones when there's a gap in your schedule, either, as it mostly consists of silly comedy skits and games, rather than discussion of new releases and news.

Beyond straight-up games stuff, I listen to Regular Features, a comedy podcast by five dudes adjacent to games but rarely about them. I like The Carve and It's Super Effective, about Monster Hunter and Pokemon respectively. Abroad In Japan is a recently started podcast by the youtuber of the same name, and The Windsor Knot is a hilarious look at the royal wedding.

Finally, going properly mental are 2 Good Boys and Donut Plains which are just longform stupid discussions launching off idiotic questions sent in by listeners. Probably not for everyone, but very my sense of humour.

Start with any of those, and through getting into the scene you hear from guests and discover other shows and so on. I'm only into any of it because I listened to the ONM podcast back in the day and Joe Skrebels shouted out Midnight Resistance, then through that show I discovered adjacent shows and writers/ content makers who I still follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What podcasts are you listening to?   What podcasts are you listening to? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What podcasts are you listening to?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next