We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)

Go down 
+7
The_Jaster
gjones
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Balladeer
masofdas
JayMoyles
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Aug 2016 - 12:01

DoPo it may be, but a second mishap in quick succession has befallen my Wii U: Gus cat has chewed the GamePad charging cable enough that it won't do its job. Sorely tested, I am being. To The Amazon! Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Aug 2016 - 12:48

The rabbit did that to me within a week of getting the Wii U. Rendered me unable to play Zombi U.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Aug 2016 - 13:27

Not sure if the response is "Dang animals! DAMN YOU! " or "Dang wires for not being thick enough, or something! DAMN YOU! "

Also, replacement bought from GAME, not The Amazon. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Aug 2016 - 19:46

Drunkalilly wrote:
The rabbit did that to me within a week of getting the Wii U. Rendered me unable to play Zombi U.

Isn't that a good thing Dance
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Aug 2016 - 22:49

Not at the Wii U's launch it bloody wasn't. I couldn't even get NSMBu right away as it took a week for Insanes to get copies in.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 4:44

masofdas wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:

Isn't that a good thing Dance

Missing out on one of the best survival horror games in years? No it wasn't a good thing. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 11:17

If that's the best in years god help us
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 12:17

masofdas wrote:
If that's the best in years god help us

Not THE best...

Jaster wrote:
one of the best

-----

Jaster wrote:
One

Jaster wrote:
of

Jaster wrote:
the

Jaster wrote:
best

Anyhow my favourite survival horror game of recent times would go to Alien Isolation.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 12:29

Calm Down Calm Down

I've still not played Alien Isolation after the damming reviews and it coming out the same time as something I was more interested in, I really should go back and play it now but so much to play which includes Evil Within which is more of the Survival Horror I know and love.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 12:39

Damning reviews? It's sitting on metacritic at 79 on PS4, 78 on X1 & 81 on PC. How the hell is that damning? Laughing

I like Evil Within more, less hiding under things and getting randomly insta-killed because the Alien decided to look under the bed, despite it supposedly learning & me never having hidden under one before. Does have a few duff chapters though, unlike Zombi U which is good from start to end.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 12:41

masofdas wrote:
Calm Down Calm Down

I've still not played Alien Isolation after the damming reviews

I thought Alien Isolation reviewed well? Remember it winning GOTY on Video Game Nation.

I really want to play it but know that I will inevitably start it and then when the time comes to play it again, I'll pick something that isn't scary to play instead. Did the same with Project Zero 2. I would love to get in to the Survival Horror genre but I'm a bit of a pussy when it comes to scary games. I loved the Condemned series and completed both games, love Resi 4 and enjoyed F.E.A.R. but those games give you a sense of power. Maybe I should finally play Dead Space - is that a good entry point in to Survival Horror that still gives you a sense of power? I like exploring scary places, just as long as I've got a large weapon.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 12:50

At the time of release the first reviews going up and the talk was Alien was to long and not very good, not everyone reviews games at the same time just look at NMS for instance.

And people have different opinions yeah for VGN it may have been GOTY, somehwere else it like GameSpot it got a 60 on the day it came out, which would have been when I was looking at reviews to see if it was worth my hard earned money and at the time seeing reviews like that I thought not.

Andy you like ZombiU, that I'm shocked about.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 14:04

masofdas wrote:
Calm Down Calm Down

I've still not played Alien Isolation after the damming reviews and it coming out the same time as something I was more interested in, I really should go back and play it now but so much to play which includes Evil Within which is more of the Survival Horror I know and love.

I am perfectly calm. Laughing I'd say Alien Isolation runs on a similar template to Evil within actually, it just takes a bit longer to get to the bits where you have the tools to deal with the Xenomorph & other enemies.

Andy wrote:
I like Evil Within more, less hiding under things and getting randomly insta-killed because the Alien decided to look under the bed, despite it supposedly learning & me never having hidden under one before. Does have a few duff chapters though, unlike Zombi U which is good from start to end.

LISTEN! Litttle Rice-y boy, you had a shit hiding spot. Winky Face

On the real though it did adapt to your tactics but it was also quite smart to begin with & I'm not saying some deaths weren't super frustrating either but there was likely something else you could have done to avoid that death.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 14:08

The middle of Evil Within was amazing but the first part and last part were a little weaker.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 14:48

Its the POV of the two games were Alien seems more like FPS and Evil is more like the classic Res's and Silent Hill's, which I love.

But I say that and the RE7 demo was great, that a FPS style might be fine, maybe if one of you get me for Secret Santa then Alien could be a good shout.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 14:59

All the core & key survival horror elements are still there though & if anything the POV makes it scarier, also if I'm honest I see stuff like TEW as more action horror rather than survival.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 15:00

Can't agree with that, resources are mad limited in TEW.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 16:15

This is that whole problem with game genres versus film genres, where games are more often defined by mechanics than themes.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 10:33

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Can't agree with that, resources are mad limited in TEW.

Yeah they could be but I didn't feel like I was surviving because of that as I could just swap to what I did have even if it was less effective.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 10:38

Isn't the same a RES EVIL though?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 11:16

Yeah, I'd say it was more survival than Resi 4 at least, not as limited as the original Resi, but that's just silly as far as I'm concerned.

I did make TEW harder for myself but not upgrading the crossbow thing at all so that could scew how survivally I found it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 13:26

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Yeah, I'd say it was more survival than Resi 4 at least, not as limited as the original Resi, but that's just silly as far as I'm concerned.

I did make TEW harder for myself but not upgrading the crossbow thing at all so that could scew how survivally I found it.

Yup! I upgraded mine a fair bit so I can see why you think that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 16:24

Plenty of ammo in the first Res Evil, Andy, git gud.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Aug 2016 - 22:14

...should probably make a survival horror thread at this rate, lads. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016 - 8:52

We do have one which no one has really ever used but hey good chat is good chat but lets wait till Zero or Drunka break something again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)   Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken dreams, broken consoles. (The Console Mishaps Thread)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next