We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon Quest / Warrior

Go down 
+4
NintenDUCK
ZeroJones
Balladeer
masofdas
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Dragon Quest / Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyThu 9 Jul 2015 - 10:20

Not all of you might of seen but the DQVIII 3DS thread has slowly drift into a general DQ thread as there is two others on the 3DS which have been brought up along with heroes for the reason of that we have to buy that in the west for Square to consider bringing the other games to the west.

And recently announced Builders for Japan, lots of DQ stuff at the moment which we might never see.

Personally it's not a series I've played much of as it's not been on a console that I've really been bothered about.

Heroes I am tempted to pick up on PS4 though.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyThu 9 Jul 2015 - 11:44

I've only played IX, which I wasn't as keen on as some on the forum - no characters to speak of at all, and JRPG's one genre where I really do like a good story. It's the user-created characters wot dun it, I think. And the post-game dungeon side-quest thing was beyond tedious.

Still, I'm very excited for VIII should it appear. Apparently it's more character-heavy.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyThu 9 Jul 2015 - 11:59

What's the other one on 3DS which came to Japan awhile ago, you think we get that one before VIII or because VIII seems to be a almost straight port of the PS2 game which is in English that will come first, that's if we show we want DQ games by buying Heroes.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyMon 13 Jul 2015 - 11:56

Love me some Dragon Quest; in fact, so far, Dragon Quest > Final Fantasy. I've played and beaten IV, V, VI and IX, with V and IX my favourites. Hoping to hear soon that either VII or VIII will be released in the West on 3DS - if not both! - though the idea that we have to buy another game first before such a release can be justified makes me sad.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyMon 13 Jul 2015 - 12:02

Better get one of these Zero (actually won't help as that's a jap import)

Dragon Quest / Warrior Ujusgou1lpsasss8rt5d

On FF are the PS1 era ones on phones yet that you can play IX.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyMon 13 Jul 2015 - 12:15

It's not on either the App Store or the Play Store, though you can get FFI to VI. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptySun 19 Jul 2015 - 17:55

6 is meant to be one of the best FF's,

But back on DQ Japan has another coming in Joker 3 or something like that
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 21:22

YYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
MORE MONSTER JOKER OHMIGOD THIS IS JUST FANTASTIC!

Yea, I'm really hopeful for Joker 3 to come westwards at some point because joker 2 did so why shouldn't this one? (I can't find any sales figures but I got it and it featured in NGamer so that means it definitely shipped two unit at the very least.)

If you haven't played Joker 2 then just think of it like Pokémon but instead of catching monsters with your balls you "scout" it whereby you have one round to attack the monster which fills up a percentage gauge and if you fill it high enough the monster is yours. This is a really cool mechanic and is much more intense than Pokémon's ball flailing.
The best thing about the game though is the synthesis mechanic which effectively lets you breed two of your own monsters into a new one, the result is [usually] another monster of a higher level* but has the traits of the parents (which disappear with synthesis). The effect of the synthesis mechanic is utterly astounding because by the end of the game you will have an amazing monster (or monsters, you can have two teams of three slots with bigger beasts taking up more space) with whom to battle but the greatest thing is, earlier in your adventure you battled with that beast's father, grandfather and so on. The game really did do a phenomenal job of making me feel emotionally attached to my monsters in a way Pokémon never really did.
Of course, being a dragon quest game the music was also great and the place names were punny (Hah! Doubtback.) And Balla will be pleased to know that the characters are not customisable- the stars of the Joker games are the monsters.

Ahem, went on a bit of a waffle there but I am seriously thrilled by the news I may get to experience this again. I AM LITERALLY PEEING MYSELF WITH EXCITEMENT!!! Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 21:34

It sold 70,000 in the EU, Duck.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 21:54

Your'e saying there's a chance?!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 23:09

The monster catching aspect was one of the best things about DQV. Grin I'm glad to see that it's evolved (huh? Huh? *nudge nudge*) since then.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyFri 24 Jul 2015 - 13:00

Square have announced that there having a Dragon Quest announcement, early next week and it's likely to be DQ:XI.

Logo going around
Dragon Quest / Warrior Medium
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 10:32

At the DQ conference we saw:

Monster Parade PC & Mobile
Dragon Quest VIII 3DS
Builders PS4, PS3 & VITA
Heroes II PS4, PS3 & VITA
Monsters Joker 3 3DS
Dragon Quest X coming to PS4 & NX
Dragon Quest XI PS4 & NX, 3DS which will have the same story but will be presented differently the PS4 version runs on Unreal Engine 4 and each will use the unique features of there respective systems. Two directors were on stage as well for instance to represent both teams & games. And NX as well from what were hearing.

What's the betting on how many of them come to the west, I'm thinking Builders will as Minecraft is huge alogn with Heroes II if the first sells well and let's hope it does if we need that to sell to get more DQ and I think XI will come as well the rest not so sure. DQX is a big no as it's online unless they think they can make it work and get a audince in the west like with A Realm Reborn.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 28 Jul 2015 - 11:21; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 10:54

There is a real danger that Square-Enix won't release some of its 3DS DQ backlog in the West, for sure, purely down to volume. They have DQVII, DQVIII, Bravely 2 and now DQXI out or coming soon for the console and that's too many for a machine that's nearing the end of its lifespan.

Sigh. Thumbs Down... I hope I'm wrong, mind, but DQVII would probably have to be out by the end of the year. I can't see that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyTue 28 Jul 2015 - 11:16

Also some Final Fantasy's & ethers on top of that list as well, to me this shows that the 3DS isn't coming to the end of it's life (and the NX is a console not handheld, still might be a hybrid) as XI is 2016 for Japan and that's likely late 2016 as well.

Also XI & X is for NX it seems.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 11:31

Isn't it pretty. Late 2015 through to late 2016 looks a good year for the JPRG's if this and likes of FFXV come out.
Dragon Quest / Warrior 630x
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 11:33

The PS4 version looks nice, but I really like what they've done with some bits of the 3DS version.

Dragon Quest / Warrior Original

I love the retro effect on the second screen!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 11:46

It does look good, didn't they say the retro style wouldn't be there all the time and just demonstrating it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 14:40

It just says "not the full game". I think/hope we can expect the bits being shown off in the pictures to look similar.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyThu 13 Aug 2015 - 18:10

It's a thoroughly excellent idea and I'm delighted to see it. It remains to be seen how much of the game features this old and new idea... and even if it makes it to the West at all!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptySun 30 Aug 2015 - 9:49

I was tweeting about some of my old YouTube videos the other day, and one from Sep 2013 my most anticipated next-gen multi-format games which Final Fantasy XV was quite high on list and has been for years. Today at PAX it was confirmed we will get a confirmation of a date for it in March, that it being worldwide launch for FFXV it's going to be late 2016 (I was hoping early 2016 like January).

Which gets me to Dragon Quest XI which is meant to be late 2016, do we think it will get delayed as seems a little daft for Square to maybe bring out both of there big RPGs at the same time unless Sony has a deal with them as having both of those come out at the same time for PS4 would surely shift SKUs over there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptyFri 16 Oct 2015 - 23:07

Mainly for Jay & Zero, as I've been playing Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below which is a Musou if you don't know based in the Dragon Quest universe like last years Hyrule Warriors.

The game is PS4 only in the west but in Japan it also came to PS3, talking of game from Japan I also got Tales of Zestiria for PS4 which did also come to PS3 in the west but only PS3 in Japan a long time ago now.

After giving them both ago Tales looks like a PS3 that has just been ported over but DQ does look good far better then a Hyrule Warriors which I would think the PS3 version of the DQ:H looks like as Wii U & PS3 are fairly on par in terms of spec.

On to the game, I'm about 4hrs in and have 6 party members which all have unique weapons & abilities unlike like Hyrule, DQ:H does have a lot of JRPG elements as after a level you can upgrade your characters, mix stuff to make items, take on side-quests, arrange your party, buy gear instead of just doing mission and unlocking stuff like Hyrule.

I'm really enjoying it and it has put Uncharted 2 on the back burner, it blows Hyrule out of the water just a shame I'm not as invested in the DQ universe compared to Zelda's. It's no means going to make someone like Zero go out and buy a PS4 but with the likes of this, FFXV, DQXI, Persona 5, Batman: Arkham Knight it can only help the PS4 be more appealing especially next year compared to a NX even to the most die hard Nintendo fan as you got to go where that game are especially if you want a more broad line up then just Mario & Zelda.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 1:08

masofdas wrote:
It's no means going to make someone like Zero go out and buy a PS4 but with the likes of this, FFXV, DQXI, Persona 5, Batman: Arkham Knight it can only help the PS4 be more appealing especially next year compared to a NX even to the most die hard Nintendo fan as you got to go where that game are especially if you want a more broad line up then just Mario & Zelda.

I think it's way too soon to be making jabs about what games are going to be on the NX, Mas.

As for DQ: Heroes - it looked good! My total lack of connection to the characters would be an issue though - Hyrule Warriors is appealing because I know who Link and the gang are.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 8:41

It's a Nintendo console that we no 3rd party won't sell and it will rely on 1st party like always and if you can afford only one system next year be it PS4, XBONE or NX the other two even if the NX launched with a 3D Mario, Zelda & Metroid Prime 4 look a better buy as they'll likely be far cheaper.

On DQ:H certainly but I think all the characters are original Suspect that it doens't as much as let's say it was the main dude from DQVIII and someone going look it's so & so yay .
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior EmptySat 17 Oct 2015 - 9:41

There isn't much continuity in Dragon Quest as a whole: the stories tend to be standalone, much like Final Fantasy (natch). There are usually references to previous games in the mix, though, and the first three and second three were a very loose trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest / Warrior   Dragon Quest / Warrior Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest / Warrior
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next