We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo IP's go Mobile

Go down 
+5
Athrun888
Balladeer
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Nintendo IP's go Mobile Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 27 Apr 2016 - 10:55

We now know that Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem are having mobile versions, peoples thoughts of those as there two big handheld titles but both could work well on Mobile.

Which is a god and bad thing as it could be a great games on Mobile but then if they can do greats games like that on Mobile, does worry me about the handhelds going forward unless something is happening with them in March 2017.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 27 Apr 2016 - 10:59

I think you're assuming they're actually going to be FE and AC games there. It won't be, it'll be a F2P version of Happy Home Designer and the Head patting mini game that was taken out of Fates.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 27 Apr 2016 - 11:12

More then likely and that be a good thing for the handhelds, I was just trying to think of the worst situation.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 27 Apr 2016 - 18:22

My first thought was that the Animal Crossing game, pitched correctly, might sustain the company on its own.

My second thought is that I'm not interested in either game, purely based on the names. Whilst I did love New Leaf, it was enough for me for the series. Fire Emblem is something I've never gotten into at all. I am sure they'll do fantastically well for the company but I'm going to keep waiting.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 27 Apr 2016 - 18:35

Funny, that was my first thought!  For precisely the same reasons.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 27 Apr 2016 - 20:15

Neither sounds particularly compelling. Thankfully for Fire Emblem at least it'll likely be some sort of side diversion until the next main instalment rather than a replacement of the main series, so ignoring it will be entirely feasible.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 14:11

Unsurprising, but ominous.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 16:03

I feel pretty confident that Nintendo will work hard to make sure that the Fire Emblem and, particularly, Animal Crossing brands will not have their reputations damaged by any stigma attached to poor free-to-start practices. Having said that, Pokémon Picross. Having said that, you're never quite sure how much say Nintendo have in how The Pokémon Company go about things...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 11 May 2016 - 21:31

Buy decorations and furniture with Nook Coins (purchaseable at £1.50 for 100) and make your town beautiful! Also, fight epic battles with some of Fire Emblem's greatest warriors - but watch out! Fighting is tough, and depletes your energy bar to make moves. You can wait 1 hour to recharge a bit of your energy bar, or instantly leap back into the fray by purchasing a Vulnerary for £2 and recharge your energy bar immediately!

Realistically, Ninty will treat these series with respect. Miitomo almost hides away its microtransactions, so I wouldn't worry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyThu 12 May 2016 - 22:20

Exactly. I think they're planning to trade on lots of people potentially spending a little, rather than a money hoover.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptySat 14 May 2016 - 15:15

I suspect Fire Emblem would pull something like purchasing revives rather than buy a turn actions.  And those stat up items too, or high tier items in general
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 10:30

Athrun888 wrote:
I suspect Fire Emblem would pull something like purchasing revives rather than buy a turn actions.
*gasp* of course! Pay-To-Avoid-Permadeath! Grin
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptySun 15 May 2016 - 13:33

Jimbob wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:
I suspect Fire Emblem would pull something like purchasing revives rather than buy a turn actions.
*gasp* of course! Pay-To-Avoid-Permadeath!  Grin

Revive your favourite character for a single dollar, or revive three characters for the low low price of 2 dollars! Or head in to battle prepared, with the Phoenix Blessing, for the low price of five dollars the next seven deaths will be negated the following turn with a revival and restoration to full health!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 7 Sep 2016 - 18:17

Guys a Super Mario endless runner just got announced.

Nintendo IP's go Mobile Tumblr_lmp1lgTXpK1qak4zoo1_500
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 7 Sep 2016 - 18:21

I know, I did a thread for it with the information while you were finding an amusing gif, you amateur!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 7 Sep 2016 - 18:22

I'm finding an amusing .gif on an Internet forum, and you're calling me the amateur? Tongue
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 7 Sep 2016 - 18:55

Remember, guys: the true meaning of 'amateur' is 'someone who does it for the love of the sport'. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyWed 7 Sep 2016 - 19:41

Exactly - these rank amateurs don't even get paid to post here. Only Admins can take advantage of the Forumotion paycheck. Winky Face

Also a joke. We're not on the take from Forumotion.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptySat 29 Oct 2016 - 18:48

Oh. Er. Still, far better for Nintendo to concentrate on making the games they are releasing special instead of spreading themselves too thinly.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptySun 30 Oct 2016 - 8:12

(thinks about posting that one Windows "attempting to give a damn" .gif you're all familiar with)

(can't be bothered to)

(types this instead, which probably takes longer)

(er)

But seriously, are we fussed? Is anyone fussed? I daresay shares will take a slight hit, but nobody cares about that unless you're planning to sell Nintendo shares in the short-term. Literally* nobody.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 1:38

*Throws mobile in the river*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 10:58

Well if rumours about the Switch having Apps etc like smartdevices then yes as more games are always good to have and these will feel better on the go for 10mins sessions then booting up Zelda for 10mins.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyMon 31 Oct 2016 - 21:27

Hmm... I can see Nintendo porting some of their mobile offerings to Switch, actually. Pokémon Go wouldn't work for obvious reasons, but I do wonder if we'll see the rest showing up on Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyTue 1 Nov 2016 - 11:45

Why wouldn't Go work as we don't know if the Switch can or cannot connect to some sort of network for GPS.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile EmptyFri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:18

I'd be surprised purely because that would be banking on the Switch having a constant connection like a mobile network, not just the ability to connect to Wifi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo IP's go Mobile   Nintendo IP's go Mobile Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo IP's go Mobile
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next