We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  Empty
PostSubject: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros    7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 8:50

We all know that SEGA,  like to screw things up with one of those things seemed to be buying Atlus and Europe not getting their games due to publishing but SEGA has now got a deal with Deep Silver.

I honestly don't know why SEGA just didn't continue their partnership with NIS, if they were still going to get someone else to publish the games.

Anyway good news for 3DS owners who like RPG's as Deep Silver are picking up along with two Atlus titles,
7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  7th

I've not been paying to much attention to the game due to fact, as it seemed very slim we would be getting it but reviews are starting to hit the net as it's just come out state side and it sounds & looks good.  

NLife gave it a 9/10 and said this
With top-class character customization, a delightfully different combat system and a slick nature-futuristic style, 7th Dragon III Code: VFD is a fantastic addition to the 3DS' JRPG library. It shares quite a bit with the Etrian Odyssey series — including a player-created party, satisfying class-based battle strategies, and an incredible Yūzō Koshiro soundtrack — but feels like an entirely different beast thanks to its unique classes, epic time-traveling storyline, and quietly charming downtime activities, from dating to cat cafés. A disappointing lack of stereoscopic 3D and a few quality-of-life quibbles get in the way, but they weren't enough to dampen our enthusiasm; this is perfect summer adventure to sink your teeth into.

2017 as I'm guessing that's when we will see it could be still a decent year for the 3DS.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 8 Jul 2016 - 9:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros    7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 8:56

Saw the review, was interested, Googled the game name (which is bloody stupid) followed by "europe", found that Atlas has "no plans at the present" to bring it to Europe, cursed heartily.

I will agree that it looks more likely now, after the Deep Silver thing, but I'm not going to pay attention to this unless it has a release date.  But if you are going to make a thread, any chance we can have "its" and "Westeros" in the title?  Ta muchly.

Addendum: another thread that Cappa will love, this one.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros    7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 9:17

Corrected for you Balla

It's been confirmed for Europe (hence why I've now made a thread) along with SMTIV: Apocalypse also on 3DS and the big one of them all Persona 5 but none of them have dates but its good to know that they're coming.

Cappa must be like dam 3DS and only getting RPG's now but I guess most of the developers like the VITA as well are based in Japan or making games for that market.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros    7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 9:55

masofdas wrote:
It's been confirmed for Europe (hence why I've now made a thread)...

That is chuffing excellent news. Thumbs Up! Linky to news site plz?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros    7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 10:04

I can do better then that as I can show you what's in the press email sent to me

Press Email to share as News but we don't do news on Gintendo:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros    7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 11:27

That does it, yep. Good stuff, looking forward to this! Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros    7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 17:05

Mas wrote:
Cappa must be like dam 3DS and only getting RPG's now but I guess most of the developers like the VITA as well are based in Japan or making games for that market.

Aye, I'm sure he's crying into his pile of games that he found in a charity shop.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros    7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 17:53

On the why they didn't stick with NIS thing, while it's only complete and absolute speculation it may be that they weren't happy with the way NIS was doing things. Could also be that NIS weren't willing to pay as much for the distribution rights. Any number of things really. Originally I thought Atlus and Sega were just being stingy, but with the very prompt partnership with Deep Silver (which I'll hold off until I get confirmation that it involves Down Under before celebrating like a complete fanboy about) I suspect it might actually have been something on NIS' end that brought the partnership deal to a close. Perhaps it simply expired, and Deep Silver had deeper pockets, like how our local anime distributor Madman lost their manga distribution rights when they expired.

Either way, until physical or Australian distribution is confirmed I'm somewhat optimistic. They have published games in both parts of the PAL region before, so this could be extremely good news.

And on the seventh day mankind was blessed with the ocean of high quality anime RPGs, to defeat the haters with once and for all.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros    7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 18:07

The press email Athrun does say European and PAL territories, which hopefully means for you down under.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros    7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 19:29

*Zero's RPG radar beeps faintly*

*Zero arches an eyebrow*

*returns to
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros.*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros    7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros  Empty

Back to top Go down

7th Dragon III Code: VFD the first of its name in the Westeros
Page 1 of 1