We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)

Go down 
+8
gjones
JayMoyles
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
ZeroJones
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 14 Jul 2016 - 14:42

Out 11th November, US price $60, comes with authentic controller, preloaded so you can't buy new games for it, but Scully feels the selection is pretty much a "best of".

Comes preloaded with:

You up for this?  $60 seems quite a bit when Cappa can probably get the bunch, and the console, for -£7.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 14 Jul 2016 - 15:59

Not up for this myself. There are a number of games on my personal NES Top 30 that aren't on this list (some of them, like Solar Jetman and Snake, Rattle'n'Roll, couldn't be, to be fair) and I've played most of the ones I didn't play at the time through various Virtual Console services.

Sorry, guys!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 14 Jul 2016 - 16:01

I'm just not fussed about NES games, if they make the jump to SNES I may have a look though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 14 Jul 2016 - 17:28

Us regular Nintendo gamers have bought all these already on Virtual Console, but I'm sure lapsed gamers and that might dabble.

That said, Argos and market stalls and Poundstretchers have essentially been selling unlicensed versions for decades.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 14 Jul 2016 - 19:02

I'm up for getting it though it is a shame (As far as I know) you can't put in standard NES cartridges as that would have made it a much better deal.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 14 Jul 2016 - 20:23

The_Jaster wrote:
I'm up for getting it though it is a shame (As far as I know) you can't put in standard NES cartridges as that would have made it a much better deal.

Then I would have been up for it. Then I would have been posting that picture of Fry with the caption "Shut up and take my money!". Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 14 Jul 2016 - 21:06

Like everyone else, I've got all the biggn's on my WiiU already. But for anyone who doesn't have a recent Nintendo console, this is a mega-bargain - most of those hold up (frowns at the Castlevanias). I'm with Zero though - any compilation of NES highlights that misses out Rare's back-catalogue is problematic.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 14 Jul 2016 - 21:08

That's a cracking selection of games there - not much missing from that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 14 Jul 2016 - 21:20

Having ruled myself out, I've just found one part of it that I am going to invest in - the pad. It connects to the Wii and Wii U, NintendoLife says, and can be bought separately. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 14 Jul 2016 - 22:29

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I'm just not fussed about NES games, if they make the jump to SNES I may have a look though.

This. Do this for the SNES and I'm there, camped outside the store.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyFri 15 Jul 2016 - 19:36

Like Drunka says their are clone consoles out there, okay none officially have Nintendo games on and the official ones have done well for us. I'm sure I saw Argos say one of the Mega Drive systems was outing selling the Xbox One but the difference between that and this NES is that it can play actual Mega Drive games.

If this NES played NES games via HDMI that would be cool or it connected to the internet and accessed the NES / any others which only uses two button VC but without that it seems a cool novelty with cheaper or better ways to play retro.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyFri 15 Jul 2016 - 21:35

Like everyone else I've pretty much got everything I need already although I'm still quite tempted purely for how new and shiny it is. It's definitely something I'd like to see expanded for the likes of the SNES but if that were so it wouldn't be a while off.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptySun 17 Jul 2016 - 21:58

This interests me. I hope that signals the end of the days where Nintendo piece the likes of The Legend of Zelda and Metroid for a fiver a pop on their downloadable services. Sack that. Animal Crossing on the GameCube had them all bundle in the game - let's go back to that. Or, this NES Mini, that's the next best thing.

It's a cool idea, and - made by Nintendo themselves - you can trust that it will be of a good quality, unlike those Blaze Mega Drive handhelds.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016 - 10:28

Only thing you can't add games to it Cappa, and you got to have these 30 games as will you want Final Fantasy for instance. That Nintendo will still likely continue with VC at £3.49 (for NES games) for the ones you want into the next generation.

Taling about NES's with built in games also those Blaze hnadhelds aren't great but this NES is £49.99 and with no AC and only one pad for the same money I can buy this Mega Drive with 80 games, has two pads, AC and has a cartridge slot.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016 - 16:27

Yeah you only have these games (some of the best for the NES) but it doesn't make it any less cool in my eyes just because you can't add to it, also you don't have to play final fantasy just because it is there. Laughing  I also can't help but think if you could put in original cartridges many would be saying "good way to kill off your VC service Nintendo" or something similar.

---

The AC adaptor thing is a non issue for me since any usb phone charger plug will work.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyMon 18 Jul 2016 - 22:46

No what I'm saying to regards of Cappa, Yes this is cheaper then buying all 30 games on the VC at £3.49 each but what if you care about 6 or so games then it isn't.

On the cartridge thing, how would it be killing of the VC as they're plenty of systems that can play NES carts at the moment and I don't know if those have affected sales of VC game or not but take Zelda it's £3.49 on the VC, where it's £30+ on cartridge that's a big difference.

I would have put a cart slot in for those who still own a NES and want to play those games on a HDTV via HDMI and they want to give Nintendo money / have a system that looks like a NES and not buy a clone system to do it or mod their NES as they want to keep original.

Yeah any USB plug will work but why should I have to buy one or use the one from my phone as I may want to keep the NES plugged in all the time.

So I think Nintendo could have done more with as that moment yes it's cool, it has the NEStalgia and I think it will sell well like the Mega Drive at XMAS as it's easily something you could pick up for a present or even impulse buy.

But I don't think we are that audience as we likely have the games we want already, but I think if it had a cartridge slot it would have sold to people who have NES's and want to play in HD also they could stream easier which also could make Nintendo more money, as I may see a game on YouTube and go that's cool then I go download it of the VC. Ohh wait Nintendo doesn't like free advertising. Connecting to the Internet would be the other thing as that guy who gets a NES Classic at xmas and goes I wish it had Wario Woods (not sure if it's on it) could have downloaded it of the VC and Nintendo could have run ads on it for the NX etc.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyTue 19 Jul 2016 - 17:04

mas wrote:
On the cartridge thing, how would it be killing of the VC as they're plenty of systems that can play NES carts at the moment and I don't know if those have affected sales of VC game or not but take Zelda it's £3.49 on the VC, where it's £30+ on cartridge that's a big difference.

I know that! I was saying that as an example in how the Nintendo naysayers would twist it to fit their opinion. As no matter what Nintendo do it never seems good enough for some people.

mas wrote:
I would have put a cart slot in for those who still own a NES and want to play those games on a HDTV via HDMI and they want to give Nintendo money / have a system that looks like a NES and not buy a clone system to do it or mod their NES as they want to keep original.

As I said earlier in the thread I'd like it to have a cart slot too. (I still think it's cool without one)

mas wrote:
Yeah any USB plug will work but why should I have to buy one or use the one from my phone as I may want to keep the NES plugged in all the time.

The baffling choice can only be answered by NoE (it comes with an AC in the US) but with that said it's not hard or expensive to get a hold of one if you want it plugged in all the time.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 19:29

It's all gone quiet since this was announced in the summer. Understandably so; we've probably got centuries of Nintendo gaming experience between us, and what else is there to be said about the likes of Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda? Still, has anybody pre-ordered this ahead of it's Friday release?

I've been told that it's "completely sold out" in my home town, so I'll not be getting it any time soon. Not that I'm that arsed, to be fair, as I've got 22 of the 30 games in some form already. It would be a luxury for me...but a good present for a few folk I know all the same.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 19:33

Just the pad for me, and a prayer that no-one gets me one for Christmas. Shocked
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 19:34

I've heard some retailers are only getting as few as four or five units per store, so you'll be hard pressed to find one. I've also heard that the length of the cable for the controller is a bit short, but as it's USB you'll be able to get an extension cable no bother I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyMon 7 Nov 2016 - 19:58

It's something I could see my dad buying me for Christmas but most of the games if I want to play I can that I could only see myself plugging it in once for a few hours then never again.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyTue 8 Nov 2016 - 20:06

TCK wrote:
I've been told that it's "completely sold out" in my home town, so I'll not be getting it any time soon. Not that I'm that arsed, to be fair, as I've got 22 of the 30 games in some form already. It would be a luxury for me...but a good present for a few folk I know all the same.

I really was hoping I could just pop into a GAME or something and pick one of these up, didn't pre-order because it basically isn't something I really need. I might just go the controller route like Zero.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyWed 16 Nov 2016 - 19:24

My NES Mini controller has arrived but I'm waiting til the weekend to record a First Time Playing for it. Grin It does look like the business, though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 19:59

Bye bye NES Mini we hardly knew you.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) EmptyThu 13 Apr 2017 - 20:16

Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) Giphy

I do not understand Nintendo at all sometimes. Hilariously underappreciate demand, then... stop making the things? What the flying heck?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)   Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia) Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Classic Mini NES (Cashing In On NEStalgia)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next