We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?

Go down 
+11
Athrun888
The_Jaster
gjones
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
OrangeRakoon
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
JayMoyles
shanks
masofdas
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? Empty
PostSubject: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 14:26

Games of September is here

2nd
Metroid Prime: Federation Force 3DS

9th
Assault Suit Leynos PS4
Just Sing PS4, ONE
Lumo PS4, VITA
Realms of Arkania PS4, ONE
The Elder Scrolls Online Gold Edition PS4, ONE, PC
Touhou Genso Rondo: Bullet Ballet PS4

14th
Quantum Break PC

15th
NHL 17 PS4, ONE
PES 2017 PS4, ONE, PS3, 360, PC

16th
Batman: The Telltale Series PS4, ONE, PS3, 360
Bioshock: The Collection PS4, ONE
Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past 3DS
MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death VITA
Mount & Blade: Warband PS4, ONE
NBA 2K17 PS4, ONE, PS3, 360
Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness PS4, VITA
Recore ONE, PC
Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkuhni VITA

20th
Destiny: The Collection PS4, ONE

23rd
Aragami PS4, PC
Criminal Girls 2: Party Favors VITA
Steins;Gate Zero PS4, VITA
Super Meatboy PS4
Valhalla Hills - Definitive Edition PS4, ONE
Worlds of Magic Planar Conquest PS4, ONE

27th
Forza Horizon 3 ONE, PC

29th
FIFA 17 PS4, ONE, PS3, 360
The Dwarves PS4,ONE

30th
Airport Architect PS4, ONE, PC
Ginger: Beyond the Crystal PS4
Nintendo Wii U Selects: Captain Toad, Mario Party 10, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Fast Racing Neo, SteamWorld Collection
Reus PS4, ONE
Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice 3DS
Space Hulk Ascension PS4
Tropico 5 Complete Collection PS4
XCOM 2 PS4, ONE
Zenith PS4

My thoughts:

Month starts of slow and from my point of view on how I get paid, I’m not getting anything unless something like Realms of Arkania (I don’t even know what the game is) gets a 9 from everyone and I take notice.

After I get paid things do start to Miami Heat up with Bioshock Collection which seems a great package but I don’t need to play them again myself, I would like to play some of the DLC but I’m not paying £40 just for that.

Dragon Quest VII, should be good but the 3DS is my least played current gen system and I don’t know if I’ve got the time to invest into a 134hr (HLTB Avg for PS1 OG version) and from what I gather the better DQVIII still to come as well at some point.

A few weird Japanese games also with Psycho-Pass looking good for visual novel type game which could be great on VITA and Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkuhni which just in case you can’t tell most of the team worked on Senran Kagura but this game has even more NSFW moments from the trailer. I liked Senran Kagura but I think that’s too much fan service even for me, in Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkuhni.

The first game I’m buying is Recore which is a budget title and looks like it’s not going to do anything special but will be a solid fun game.

We move on to the 22nd when I will be away at EGX, and thankfully nothing comes out I want maybe Steins;Gate Zero, if I get ever around to playing the first on my VITA.  I’m not a AC fan but Aragami might be up your street if you are from what I’ve heard people saying about.

On the 27th is Forza Horizon 3 which looks excellent, I don’t think I’ve been this excited for a racing game also got a crew of guys at work who are getting it, a decent month for Xbox Anywhere.

The month rounds out with the selects with some good things in there but I’ve played them all or not fussed in the case of MP10 but XCOM 2 which I’m not 100% of the date as on PSN it’s the 9th but on Amazon etc it’s the 30th, I’m sure it’s this month and looks sweet.

Overall I’m getting Recore, Forza Horizon 3 and likely XCOM 2, I would normally get FIFA and I like the look of the story mode which is right out of the NBA games from 2k but I’m playing PES 2016 a lot at the moment and I don’t really need a new football game right away,

Best of the Rest

1st
Axiom Verge eShop
Earthlock: Festival of Magic XBL

2nd
Nintendo Mystery Box - The Legend of Zelda Edition
Sausage Party Cinema

5th
Captain America: Civil War DVD, Blu Ray, 3D Blu Ray
Sharknado The 4th Awakens DVD

6th
The Tomorrow Children PSN

8th
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney − Spirit of Justice eShop

9th
Ben-hur Cinema
Jotun: Valhalla Edition PSN, XBL

12th
Bad Neighbours 2 DVD, Blu Ray

13th
Dead Rising 10th Anniversary PSN, XBL
Dead Rising 2 PSN, XBL
Dead Rising 2: Off the Record PSN, XBL
Dead Rising Triple Pack PSN, XBL
NASCAR Heat Evolution USA Import PS4, ONE
RIVE PSN

14th
Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 PSN, XBL
The Bunker PSN

15th
Persona 5 Japanese Import PS4, PS3

19th
Doctor Who - The Movie Blu Ray
Labyrinth 30th Anniversary Blu Ray, 4KUHD

20th
Destiny - Rise of Iron DLC PS4, ONE
Gears of War 4 Crimson Omen Limited Edition Controller ONE, PC
Gears of War 4 JD Fenix Limited Edition Controller ONE, PC
Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition USA Import ONE
Oculus Rift

21st
HoPiKo PSN

22nd
Xbox One S 500GB & 1TB

23rd
The Magnificent Seven Cinema

27th

Darkest Dungeon PSN

30th
LEGO Dimensions: Ghostbusters Story Pack
LEGO Dimensions: Adventure Time Level Pack
LEGO Dimensions: Mission Impossible Level Pack
LEGO Dimensions: Adventure Time Team Pack
LEGO Dimensions: Harry Potter Team Pack
LEGO Dimensions: The A Team Fun Pack

My thoughts:

Earthlock is one of the games for Gold, so we will be all getting that if we have a ONE and it is coming to PS4 & Wii U at some point.

I’ve got the Zelda box ordered, Sausage Party I want to see but not something in the Cinema. The Tomorrow Children, I was excited about like 3 years ago and now it’s going F2P on release, I’ll give it ago but I don’t think I really care.

Jotun looks like it might be a fun indie, and it is meant to becoming to the eShop as well but can’t find anything 100% if the same time as the other systems.

RIVE, I played last year at EGX whilst talking to the creator from Two Tribes, and it was really fun. It like Jotun is meant to be coming to the eShop and XBL but nothing concrete unlike PSN.

Pac-Man: CE2 is a day one buy for me as the first and the other versions of it were so good on XBL,

If I could read Japanese or I could play with English text, I would be importing Persona 5 on PS4 but as I can’t, I continue to wait till February.

Rise of Iron for Destiny, is an interesting one as I like Destiny but not sure if I want more Destiny especially knowing COD: IW, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2 and Rigs are all out very soon along with likely other shooters. That if reviews come out and RoI is great then sure I may get but if it’s Ohh here’s more Destiny then nah not for me.

The month ends with Darkest Dungeon which I will likely get, so from BotR not a lot a few downloads that have my interest but part from Pac-Man and the Zelda box, no instance buys.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 23 Aug 2016 - 14:50; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 14:47

Just dragon quest I think, unless I do decide to get fed force just to say I own it
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 15:27

Phoenix Wright at the start of the month - must finish Dual Destinies before then! - and XCOM 2 at the end of the month. I would have been playing FFXV but... well, you know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 15:41

AA6 and then DQVII. Couple of solid games there, I'm happy. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 15:58

Definitely picking up the Destiny expansion, been wanting to get back to Destiny for a while.
Probably going to pick up XCOM and AA, though I feel like I should try and hold off on at least one of them.
Will grab Steins Gate, Batman & Forza at some point.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 16:03

You not picked up Batman yet, Andy?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 16:17

I don't normally jump on to Telltale games day 1, if I pick it up whilst it's still releasing I tend to do so a couple of eps in so I can see what the release schedule is at least, plus the physical release wasn't much of a wait.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 16:24

I wonder if Mount and Blade will actually get released this time
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 16:51

Cool, far as I'm aware Batman is like Minecraft with EP1 on the disc and then you have a code to get the rest, whenever they come out but hopefully this means EP2 is soon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 17:08

Recore on Xbox and Civil War on DVD are the only absolute must-buys. I'll obviously download the new episode of Batman and I'll get Phoenix Wright once I've played the last one.

Other than that, I've got a manager at work who's dead keen for me to join him on Destiny, and Bioshock and XCOM will tempt me eventually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 17:17

Haven't you played Bioshock's? Destiny is a interesting one as I'm guessing your manager is already playing and a certain level where you'll be 25 (if same as taken king, you can use a orb to level up) but you miss all the early stuff and discoveries from that by jumping on with them or vice-versa will they want to play missions they've played 10 times already.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 17:48

Yeah, I've played the Bios but I don't own them just now and they are favourites of mine.

The Destiny thing is a little weird, but from what I've seen and played I doubt I'll be super into it, I'll just be playing it as a fun thing to do with friends.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 18:23

Forgot about Federation Force. Embarrassed DarrenK will not be impressed. Naughty I may have to sacrifice that to get the big ones in. And they are...

...DQVII, Axiom Verge and AA6. Also Civil War on Blu Ray. Thumbs Up!

Last edited by ZeroJones on Tue 23 Aug 2016 - 19:27; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 18:38

Axiom Verge! Duh! Yup I'm up for some of that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 19:35

I missed Fed Force as well. I'm sure I'll pick it up eventually, especially if a couple GNamerans are getting stuck in.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 19:39

Balladeer wrote:
Axiom Verge! Duh! Yup I'm up for some of that.

I'm not looking forward to the game but interested in your thoughts as it's a retro style game which some in recent times you've not had the best of times.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 19:51

PES PES PES PES. I'll give the demo a go tomorrow before buying, as I'm still rocking a 360. If there's little difference then I'll stick with 2016 seeing as my Become a Legend is only two years deep.

I'm kinda annoyed these Nintendo Selects have come around as I no longer have a Wii U and would snaffle up that Super Mario 3D World and Lego City Undercover in a heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 9:10

Oh yeah AA6! I'll be getting that as well for sure and play once I get through Destanies myself, I would say the trilogy again but as I've done it a couple of times already there's no big rush to do it all again
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 10:21

The mighty PES 2017 (LoveKonami), Bioshock collection & XCOM 2 for me, I'd like to get Metroid fed force too but from reviews I've read it sounds like I'd enjoy it more if I buy it for £20 or below.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 15:10

Nothing this month, there's nothing that really catc-

23rd
Steins;Gate Zero PS4, VITA

MinemineminemineminemineMINE!  Didn't know this was even coming out this year!  Should be interesting to see

SUPER Steins;Gate spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyThu 25 Aug 2016 - 22:42

I'm STILL finishing Fallout 4 (200+ hours now), and don't need any new games, but Pac-Man CE2 is too irresistible.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016 - 8:54

Dear Esther is also coming out this month on the 20th with a remaster which will come to consoles, has anyone played it as I remember raving people about it back in 2012 but 4 years later we've has similar games which may have topped it.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 27 Aug 2016 - 0:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016 - 23:53

Dear Esther is not worth your time. Such a dull experience - it's not much compared to Gone Home and Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 0:19

Really so you don't think the story holds up as the remaster may fix any gameplay issues.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? EmptySun 28 Aug 2016 - 18:49

Could be a busy month, Metroid interests me, PES is already pre ordered and would definitely like The Bioshock Collection after missing out of the series first time around as well as Telltale's Batman although that might be a bargain buy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?   Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him? Empty

Back to top Go down

Remember remember its Drunka's birthday in September, what should we buy him?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next