We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift

Go down 
+16
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Katie Hopkins
shanks
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Jimbob
masofdas
Muss
NintenDUCK
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 22:27

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 Fry

And now, because this is the first reply on a new page, that picture doesn't even make sense! Consarn it, Philllups!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptySat 17 Dec 2016 - 18:42

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Thinking of doing something big and memorable for my 3,000th post
It's the thought that counts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Dec 2016 - 22:31

Only mild panic as Gus cat sets his tail on fire (he went too close to the Advent candle). Afraid
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 8:31

That Gus is a right liability! But an adorable liability.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Dec 2016 - 15:39

The biggest catastrophe at my parents' house this year was my sister falling over and surprising the cat who was on my lap, causing him to dig right into my flank with a claw.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 9:45

Jo and I are criss-crossed with cat scratches. They fade after a time but I have literally felt woozy once after repeated claw work from - who else? - Gus cat.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 11:51

Beatrice sounds like she's doing okay out of all of this.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyWed 28 Dec 2016 - 13:27

Gus cat is a bully, though. He's much smaller, so he's quite aggressive towards her. It's hard to see sometimes... though we think they are good friends, weirdly.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyFri 30 Dec 2016 - 20:09

I guess you can call it official now
Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 Screen10
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptySat 31 Dec 2016 - 0:56

Good work, that man! Applause
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptySat 31 Dec 2016 - 1:16

Not going to lie I found it a bit odd they didn't link to your twitter and just said your first name.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptySat 31 Dec 2016 - 11:36

I don't know what they did as when they posted it, it did come up on my notifications and guess timeline which likes of Zero and EofGiz as later I saw they RT'd or FAV'd.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 Mar 2017 - 21:12

Tomorrow I am getting married.

Might not be on the forum much.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 Mar 2017 - 21:20

That's understandable sir, hope you have your speech all ready! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyFri 24 Mar 2017 - 21:49

ZeroJones wrote:
Tomorrow I am getting married.

Might not be on the forum much.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 22:11

Replying to this here, so as not to fill up what should be a light thread about a fun animal platformer.

JayMoyles wrote:
As we're still on the topic, I suppose this is a half decent place to segue into something I thought about when the whole "JonTron is a massive fucking racist" debacle kicked off.

Much as Jimmers said higher up, I genuinely enjoyed JonTron's videos - both his solo and group content with the Game Grumps - and I have done for many years. Yep, his humour was getting a wee bit off kilter in recent times, but it wasn't anything I'd class as morally wrong. It was no worse than a Stewart Lee bit or a Frankie Boyle joke. The thing is, I'd imagine that the whole shitstorm hadn't been brought to my attention that I would have probably continued watching and enjoying JonTron's content, provided he didn't bring his shitty views into his videos. That raised the question of what does it take to stop separating content creators themselves from their content?

A lot of authors whose books I enjoy are notoriously crappy people with crappy viewpoints, but I've ended up enjoying their works as I only found out about their views after finishing their works. It makes me wonder if entertainers and artists should take Elvis's viewpoint when he was asked about the Vietnam War: "Honey, I'd just sooner keep my own personal views about that to myself cause I'm just an entertainer and I'd rather not say." Is that even possible today with Twitter? It's inevitable that somebody's going to talk about their viewpoints - what does it take for you to let that colour your opinion of their work?

I read and watch some pretty vintage stuff, and obviously with that it's a bit different. Tolkien and Lovecraft were outrageous racists, but their ignorance went unchallenged and, at least in the latter's case, he explored his own fear of the unknown and anxiety in interesting ways. With modern stuff, I take the stance that there's no excuse and if you're a dickhead, there are plenty of non-dickheads who could be entertaining me instead.

This is especially true with writers and youtubers, or other auteurs. Their personality, their character, is a huge part of the work so of course their views are going to seep into it. If an actor or one member of a large film holds abhorrent views, that might not skew the whole film/ game/ whatever but one guy in front of a camera can't help themselves, often in subtle and insidious ways like making what they think are harmless jokes which normalise unacceptable ideas.

I do see a certain group taking it way too far though; denouncing pretty pleasant, sensible, liberal types for making valid criticisms of Corbyn or not being quite lefty enough. Like, calm down.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyThu 30 Mar 2017 - 22:20

Drunkalilly wrote:

I read and watch some pretty vintage stuff, and obviously with that it's a bit different. Tolkien and Lovecraft were outrageous racists, but their ignorance went unchallenged and, at least in the latter's case, he explored his own fear of the unknown and anxiety in interesting ways. With modern stuff, I take the stance that there's no excuse and if you're a dickhead, there are plenty of non-dickheads who could be entertaining me instead.

Hm, thumbs up to this part. I suppose with the amount of rational discourse bobbing about in this day and age, you should be able to come to a measured and factual viewpoint without resorting to racist hyperbole and general shite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyFri 31 Mar 2017 - 19:59

And yet somehow that only seems to be getting harder.

Anyway I've never been able to separate the artist and the art.  That clip from his Nuts 'n' Bolts will always remain a favourite, but despite the fact that it came from him, and I'll strive not to experience any more of his stuff.

Jimminy Jim Jim Sterling wrote a piece on it I like.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptySun 2 Apr 2017 - 10:53

Drunka, you're right, the YL thread should be about the lovely game, instead of this - apologies.
Interesting discussion you've all had about (1) separating the art from the artists, and I think you've all summed up what I also think (so I should probably not be increasing my post count!) - (2) we didn't have social media to quiz old racists on their thoughts, and there were different (I.E. WORSE) social opinions at the time of the afore-mentioned great authors. Regarding the first point: I do have a problem with separation; I can't watch Planet of the Apes without a little voice going "it's a shame Charlton Heston was a bellend" every 30 seconds. See also old cowboy films: there's a certain actor that we are all reminded is an arsehole. But I think the second point is the greater one: I just assumed that we'd consigned this sort of opinion to the dustbin.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyMon 3 Apr 2017 - 11:33

I'm okay with Planet of the Apes because Charlton's character is a violent ass. I could imagine him having the same dumb opinions as the actor.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 14:19

Congrats to Zero

I got paid this month for NSG, meaning I got paid for video game journalism.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 20:27

Thanks, mas! Also, super interesting on the NSG front - are you rich?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 20:59

ZeroJones wrote:
Thanks, mas! Also, super interesting on the NSG front - are you rich?

He's on the take like the rest of the games media so aye he is. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 22:08

Afraid
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 EmptyTue 4 Apr 2017 - 22:13

Yeah that guy Bill has paid me to say Zelda is bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift
Page 8 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next