We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift

Go down 
+16
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Katie Hopkins
shanks
gjones
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
Jimbob
masofdas
Muss
NintenDUCK
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyFri 13 Aug 2021 - 11:02

I was lucky enough to get no symptoms but the arm ache with either jab.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptySat 14 Aug 2021 - 17:49

About 24 hours after my second jag I had quite bad muscle aches and headaches, but I slept it off and felt fine the next day. My partner was totally fine (though he did have covid a few months ago, so was presumably pretty antibodied up).
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptySun 15 Aug 2021 - 20:09

Blimey, interesting everyone's second jab was a bit worse - I also had the shivers (I had to stop work because I couldn't keep my hands on the keyboard in the right place to type anything!).

Also a bit frustrated with the NHS website. When it said "there might or might not be appointments closer in time" they seemed to indicate that this meant "at the venue you chose to book for your second jab"; at the time I had little choice and chose a pharmacy in rural Buckinghamshire in 11 weeks time. Then I bit the bullet, it asked me for my postcode again, I panicked in case I'd lost that jab, and then it said "hey do you want to come to your local pharmacy tomorrow afternoon, you know, the one it takes 5 minutes to walk to?" Which makes me think I could have done this a month ago. Ah well.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyMon 16 Aug 2021 - 9:36

My second jab gave me a bit of a bad night on Friday but otherwise went pretty swimmingly, but then my first was probably a similar situation. Gonna thank the gym for making me immortal or something.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyMon 16 Aug 2021 - 20:32

Moderna sounds like it was worse than Pfizer for second jabs.

I am the person on the forum least disposed to comment on the effects of the gym.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyMon 16 Aug 2021 - 21:46

Just got my second jag on Saturday night, and it left me feeling rough all of yesterday. I’m feeling better now, and I can hopefully start looking forward to doing more social stuff. I’m going to the pub on Friday for the first time since Jaster and I went to Glesgames in early March 2020, and I’m going to a football match on Saturday for the first time since before even then. These are things I did virtually every weekend before COVID, and I’m really excited – maybe too excited – about going back.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyMon 16 Aug 2021 - 22:18

You're not alone. I've not been to the pub or bar since it started, or to a restaurant all year. Bounce
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:55

I went to a wedding on Saturday and had people over to stay since we lived local to the wedding. It's a bit weird at first but it doesn't take too long for things to settle into feeling normal again.

I think that it helps that I've been double jabbed and I'm still going to try doing indoor mixing in moderation. I'm hoping I can largely continue to work from home going forward. But at least for the time being things seem to be better than they were! Dance
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 17:12

To put a lovely damp note on that uplifting tone Muss was bringing in there, I recently had a bit of a nightmare period over my birthday.

I visited my Mum's on the Saturday before my birthday and was at my Dad's the next day when I got a phonecall from my Mum telling me she'd tested positive for COVID after she began to feel symptomatic. The next day my Dad also then tested positive. Bizarrely, I was totally fine during this whole period - I'd only just got my second jab the Wednesday before all this kicked off, so maybe that helped me in some regard - but it did mean I had to isolate during my birthday as I was in close contact with both of them.

I should add they were both fine - they were double jabbed, which I'm sure helped them, and neither of them experienced any serious symptoms beyond feeling a bit achey and being a bit bunged up. It felt like a flu to them, but I count my blessings that was all it was as I know it could have been much more serious. I was feeling a bit panicky for a couple of days after they both tested positive wondering if they were going to develop more serious symptoms or if I was going to end up testing positive myself.

But aye, the Moyles family are all doing fine now, but not a grand start to September!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 19:26

Absolutely lousy birthday. Aww! I'm glad all y'all are well now, at least.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 7:40

One of my colleagues moved to Tokyo about a year ago and has finally caught it, leading us to postpone a planned soccer game, but otherwise it still feels like we've mostly dodged it here in Nagano.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to touch all the wood in the building . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 8:26

Hey all. How's stuff?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 8:59

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'd say it's going pretty fabulously!
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 10:06

That is darn good to hear. Darn. Good.

Same here, I'd say!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 10:40

I've been GNamering from work today, and I had five minutes to take a quick peek, thinking it wouldn't be anything that interesting, and it's the return of bloody Stu.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 12:25

So basically you were right the first time. Laughing

Have I missed anything earth-shattering?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 16:01

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 20210910

Didn't expect to see Stu The Great back after years and years! Good to hear off you again, hope all's well 👍
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 16:07

All's good thanks, CK! Good to see a few familiar faces around already - I hope everyone is doing well.

I would say I've been doing some interesting stuff in my absence, except I really haven't.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 19:28

I didn't see that coming.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 20:59

Hi hi Stu! Good to see you back and looking forward to chatting about some games with you. Wave
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 21:15

Afraid HE'S BACK FROM THE DEAD

...or something. Good to see you boss, hope you've been keeping well! As for earth-shattering, nah not really. Minor virus thingy, nothing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyWed 15 Sep 2021 - 8:27

Hello everyone! Good to see you all. Grin

Oddly enough, it's been The Backloggery of all places that's kept me very vaguely in the loop. Zero Jones ploughs through those games on there!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyThu 16 Sep 2021 - 20:55

I've not updated mine in ages, which I realise makes my signature a massive lie. Laughing
Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyFri 17 Sep 2021 - 9:00

I am pretty obsessed with The Backloggery. It scratches a very specific OCD itch that I have no idea why I have.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 EmptyFri 17 Sep 2021 - 20:28

Stu! Welcome back, totally unexpected but very much great to see you. I hope things are well, I can happily report things are going pretty fabulously too.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift   Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift - Page 33 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chat Thread: Tokyo Drift
Page 33 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next