We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What to port next?

Go down 
+8
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
shanks
masofdas
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

What to port next? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2016 - 13:20

masofdas wrote:
Question then Athrun would you want a team maybe working on a NX game right now, to be working on a new (not that new 3ds) 3DS game instead?

Depends on if the game is a port or brand new from the ground up. No the former, yes to the latter.

That said if the NX launches with nothing but ports as far as the eye can see I very likely won't be buying one at launch, the system will need a compelling reason for me to invest my money in to it, especially given my lack of that stuff right now. If all it has to offer is the much rumoured Mario Kart 8 and Smash 4 ports with Breath of the Wild I'll likely make do with the 720p Wii U version of the latter and save my money.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2016 - 14:32

I know I'm such a mark, but I'd totally buy an NX with those three games and the prospect, presumably, of upcoming Mario and Monster Hunter titles.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyTue 6 Sep 2016 - 21:23

Andy talks sense for once Razz

@Athrun that's cool and all that the new game there making is on the 3DS but means there not making a NX game, imagine if that's Monolith Soft doing that. Your really telling me you sooner have Xenoblade Chronicles Y made for the 3DS and not port of XCX to 3DS and Xenoblade Chronicles Y for NX.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 10:27

It's not Wii U, but I'd like to have seen Excite Truck 3D on N3DS only, preferably in place of Xenoblade 3D which seemed pretty unnecessary.

Monster Games did great work with Excite Truck, ExciteBike World Rally and Pilotwings Resort, yet Nintendo then decided to use them for a couple of Wii ports to 3DS. Should have got them to port something they were genuinely passionate in, like an arcade racer, than Xenoblade.

It also helps that Excite Truck is a damn good game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 10:30

I have still never played Excite Truck. Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 10:38

I bought a cheap copy of it a few weeks ago, and I've fallen in love with it. I now feel silly for ignoring it back in 2006/2007 - had I played it back then I'm confident I'd have been championing it throughout the Wii era.

If there's one thing that isn't so hot it's the music - Kittsy was on the money when he wrote that it was "piped straight from satan's arsehole" in that NGamer review. But it does support custom soundtracks from an SD card if that's your thing. And the audio design is at least decent - when you're sailing through the air the music cuts out to the sound of the breeze.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 10:38

I guess we can expand the question as to what you want ported to Switch from the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 10:49

Well then...Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash x1000000!

That game played a great game of Mario Tennis, and was evidently slickly produced going off its visuals, but Camelot had to rush it out for November. A proper version of this with a good amount of content and a real push to make online and local multiplayer an event would be nice. And the Switch's Joy-Con would be a good fit for a game that only really requires an analogue stick and two buttons.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 10:58

Super Smash Bros. 4: Ultimate Championship Edition!

All the DLC Included!
Now with All Courses and Modes from Both Games!
And an SSE-Style Campaign Based on Smash Run!!
And a Couple of Brand-New Switch-Related Courses and Characters!!
And Solid Online Servers!!!
Oh Yeah and a Way to Transfer Wii U and 3DS Save Files Over!!!!!
I Would Buy This All Over Again I'm Serious
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 11:22

If we're talkin' 'bout Switch, it feels like moving the thread into the Switch subforum might be in order.

DIGRESSION ALERT: My phone now automatically suggests 'subforum' after I type 'Switch'. Shocked

Anyway, to answer the question, a full version of Super Mario Maker with all the tools unlocked from the beginning would be nice. As would a version of Star Fox Zero without the divisive controls (not sure how feasible that would be).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 16:37

YASSS FRONK!
Excite Truck is the tits. If they brought out a big new Excite Truck game with proper analogue stick controls, four player and/ or online multiplayer, gorgeous 2016 graphics and some more mad tracks it would be phenomenal.

I would know, I am the World Excite Truck Champion of the World™.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 17:38

That would be amazing. I wouldn't even mind if it didn't support the analogue stick - the motion controls do a great job at conveying how you're driving this big, heavy truck.

But yeah, been playing it over the last few weeks on and off and my jaw literally dropped in one of the Scotland stages when you jump over the castle walls.

Don't like how Nintendo moved them away from doing the games they do best -- they are now back on NASCAR titles which is their passion. Porting Xenoblade 3D must have been a real bore for the creative staff there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyThu 27 Oct 2016 - 16:18

Balladeer wrote:
Super Smash Bros. 4: Ultimate Championship Edition!

All the DLC Included!
Now with All Courses and Modes from Both Games!
And an SSE-Style Campaign Based on Smash Run!!
And a Couple of Brand-New Switch-Related Courses and Characters!!
And Solid Online Servers!!!
Oh Yeah and a Way to Transfer Wii U and 3DS Save Files Over!!!!!
I Would Buy This All Over Again I'm Serious

I reckon this is almost a certain and makes more sense for a port then MK8 & Splat as fighting game nearly always have multiple versions.

I'm not sure on Zero's, Super Mario Maker seeing it's coming to 3DS unless Nintendo sees it like mineraft and they want it on everything and is more a service type game.

Yeah could be good to move the thread.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2017 - 14:08

Now we know more about the Switch has anyone come up with anything else that should make the Switch?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 21:30

Doki Doki Majo Shinpan. Disgust everybody on the bus as you tou- *forum's decency filter activated*
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 21:37

Or, for people who want similar experiences without admitting to themselves that they're filthy perverts, Stella Glow. 'Tune' a witch's heart on the bus, then put it into the dock to put it back into her. All the way into her. While she moans.

You disgusting person.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 21:39

Catherine port, would be great?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 21:42

Runbow.

But, heck, everything needs Runbow. Runbow on the NES, Runbow on the ZX Spectrum, Runbow on the TI-83 graphical calculator, Runbow on the microwave... Love
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 21:42

Catherine isn't smut and filth like the other two games though, despite what the cover art suggests.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Feb 2017 - 21:44

JayMoyles wrote:
Catherine isn't smut and filth like the other two games though, despite what the cover art suggests.

Sure but I now want a portable version of Catherine as it's a amazing game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What to port next?   What to port next? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What to port next?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2