We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist

Go down 
+9
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Athrun888
ZeroJones
masofdas
Balladeer
Buskalilly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 20:57

I don't know if that was a deliberate gag or a Freudian typo but I love it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 21:01

An uncle Maurice, or mr T, saying
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2016 - 17:46

Out 15th December, full game costs £7.99. It feels a bit steep for an auto runner but then again some of Square Enix's FF and DQ games cost more than a tenner on iOS. We'll see how it goes - I'm going for it at that price. Cool
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2016 - 19:02

I assume that date is for the iOS release? As soon as it comes our for android I'll be all over it at that price. Even with an auto runner you can assume a certain amount of value from a Nintendo platformer.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2016 - 19:12

Yup, just iOS - it's one of those 'timed exclusives' I keep hearing about. I'll let you know how it is but you're bang on - Nintendo will not be messing up Mario.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2016 - 21:31

I'd say that was pretty steep for some of the FF games though, but perhaps that's just because we're used to iOS games being worth so little. I'll probably pick it up at some point regardless, but I don't know if I'd get £8 worth out of it.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Nov 2016 - 10:47

The sad thing is here the game will be about $12 going from the rest of the worlds pricing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 11:45

For everyone who says that Nintendo's mobile games are unquestionably a good thing and we should stop moaning... yeah. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 11:52

Miyamoto wrote:
If people like something we'll probably do it again.

Like . . . yeah? Pokémon Go obviously influenced Sun and Moon but it's one of the best Pokémon games ever, so I'm not panicking just yet. 2D Mario needs a big shakeup anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 12:03

Drunkalilly wrote:
Miyamoto wrote:
If people like something we'll probably do it again.

Like . . . yeah? Pokémon Go obviously influenced Sun and Moon but it's one of the best Pokémon games ever, so I'm not panicking just yet. 2D Mario needs a big shakeup anyway.

The marketing campaign Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 12:27

Also the prevalence of generation one characters and monsters, the bits where you use the Pokédex as a camera, the
Spoiler:
which is in the code but not revealed yet
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 12:54

How many of those things were actually good though? The spoilered wotsit's not in the game at this point, the PokéFinder bits were mince, you suggested (I'm not sure I agree) that the tutorials were more onerous for the sake of Go! players. Alolan 'mons are a positive, but with there still only being 81 new monsters this generation, I'm wondering whether there was an opportunity cost. Like there seemed to be with Megas in Gen. 6.

There's no doubt that more people buying the best games in the series is good, and we have Go! to thank for that. But I can't help feeling that most of the reasons SM are such good games were unrelated to, or possibly in spite of, Go!

You do make a good point about 2D Mario needing a shake-up though. I must admit, I was thinking of and worrying about its influence on 3D Mario games. But I don't mind it hitting the 2D games. (Not having another NSMB would be a start!)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 22:44

My opinion would be... Nintendo will admit that it's highly doubtful they can get people who don't play 3D Mario games to play them, based on exposure to Super Mario Run; I wouldn't worry about that. We saw 0.27 seconds of that concept on Switch, and I've already got a good feeling Cool
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 8 Dec 2016 - 23:09

I think Jimbob's right there. The evidence all points to a bigger, more exploration-based 3D Mario. Nintendo seem to have finally accepted they're two different things.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 8:37

I'll agree with you both, on second thought, and here's hoping. Smile

In the meantime, as Nintendo finally embraces modern gaming industry convention in some aspects, it's also taken on board some of the BLOODY STUPID aspects.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyFri 9 Dec 2016 - 20:43

It is a real pain when games do that, but I can understand why Nintendo have. They're charging a fair whack for this game, and piracy is rampant on phones.
Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 64db0a13b6b6355ce9433855eb9c65946e66b2b6ac44a108f9ee35c0d96d91d6
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 19:48

Just beat 1-1 of Super Mario Run. It's refreshing/odd not to have the fine control over Mario that I would normally (try to) have, but a neat enough start. Has anyone else jumped on the Super Mario Runaway Hype Train?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 19:56

Alas, my phone is Android Sad
Yet another reason to be excited for 2016 to bugger off.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 15 Dec 2016 - 20:12

I've just played the 3 levels that are free and done all 3 coin challenges on each. I think that'll do me to be honest, I'm not loving it and I really don't think I'll get £8 out of it, I just don't think it's fun enough and the coins are just trial and error to get them.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 6:54

Well, I paid the £8 entry fee and am halfway through the game. Of those twelve levels, I did the pink coin challenge first time on two of them. Thumbs Up!

Can't decide if I'm not the audience for the game or I'm just not that keen on auto runners, but I'm certainly not having huge fun. It's probably that I need to untrain my brain from having that aforementioned precise control over Mario to the 'he just keeps pegging it!' mindset.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 7:18

I think my issue is that it doesn't feel good. Rayman's Autorunners are fantastic, it really feels like there is skill involved and even finishing the level without collecting all the lums feels satisfying, when you hit the perfect race line it feels amazing! Mario tries to allow for exploration and plods along at a slower pace, but that just takes away the satisfaction for me.

The pink coins aren't so bad, they're generally on a more obvious path, but the other 2 less so.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 10:52

I did the Purple Coin Challenge on 1-1 this morning and it felt much more like an auto-runner: constant repetition to achieve that one perfect moment and then on to the next thing. I'm going to beat it tonight and get my thoughts on it in order.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyFri 16 Dec 2016 - 21:34

I've accumulated about £7 of credit doing Google Surveys on my phone, so I'll be ready to jump on this when the Android release eventually arrives.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Dec 2016 - 10:23

NintendoLife says you can pre-register your Android-y interest in the game and be notified of release. Hopefully not too far away for all the Androiders out there. Thumbs Up!

Definitely got my money's worth out of it... or, more accurately, I will have by the time I'm finished with it. I've got all the pink coins (just realised that 5 per level and 24 levels means that there are 120 of each in the game - what is it with Mario and the number 120?!) and I'm playing through getting the purple coins. 1-3 next. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 EmptyThu 29 Dec 2016 - 16:54

Ooh nice! My nephews were showing me this when I was visiting them on Christmas & it looks like a good wee time waster if you have a spare 30 mins or so. Quick question, can you play it in landscape mode?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist   Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mario Run . . . to catch up with all the unlicensed ones that already exist
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Gen. VIII Discussion (and Mobile)-
Jump to: