We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum suggestions

Go down 
+28
Buskalilly
Luigi442wii
Cube
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
awesomedude
fronkhead
Axis1500
nupkin
Slazo
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
Silver light
shanks
Gwyn400
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Xelviar
mandlecreed
Admin
Jimbob
beemoh
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Fancy Fancy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Forum suggestions - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Feb 2018 - 22:08

Spilt GNamer into a 'Good Section' (for threads like the Snack Reviews, Kirby's Rumour Buffet and gjones' old magazine ones) and 'Other' (for the rest of this pish). Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Feb 2018 - 23:19

Abolish all vote threads. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Feb 2018 - 23:20

Can we vote on that
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyThu 1 Feb 2018 - 23:21

Abolish all masofdas posts. Thumbs Up!

Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyFri 2 Feb 2018 - 19:39

The_Jaster wrote:
Abolish all vote threads. Thumbs Up!

Forum suggestions - Page 14 Steve-smith-and-jenoris-jenkins-1

As for the matter in hand, I... don't really care. Normally I care about forum matters, apparently I don't about this one. I think I slightly prefer us doing something different to SONM, just because it's doing something different to SONM. Variety and seasonings and existence and that.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyFri 2 Feb 2018 - 22:10

DoPo: that's SONM up the creek then. Aww! Take it off the affiliate list?

Curiously, it's merging with the GamesRadar residual, which absorbed CVG, which... almost absorbed NGamer before dying itself.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyFri 2 Feb 2018 - 23:22

We'll be keeping it up there until February 11th when their merge goes through. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Feb 2018 - 8:00

There was a GamesRadar forum residual? That original hasn't existed since the Good Period. Wowsers.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Feb 2018 - 9:09

Apparently. It reminds me a bit of the old NGamer forum in appearance, back before we joined up with CVG.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Feb 2018 - 15:56

I didn't use SONM much apart from the Wrestling Prediction thread which has now moved over to Twitter as we knew this was coming. When I did go there, I posted in a similar thread to yesterday I bought but a retro version and if you look at ours I posted recently some Studio Ghibli films I bought and I think I got 3 or 4 replies.

Where on SONM I'd post a retro game then someone would post what they bought then someone again and no one would actually go that's a great game or whatever.

That I stopped using the site but I've looked at the graph of the decline and I'd reckon they still get more posts and us but if it's like the retro thread, no one actually talking to each other about anything.

I've had a look at GRcade, I don't think I will go over for anything as it does look like a general gaming forum, compared to us where I feel and Balla may disagree with me, that we are a Nintendo centric forum that Nintendo will always have the strongest presence with threads which shows with the awards but to me when it comes to taglines and whats happening in gaming we will talk about it not just Nintendo, where GRcade will be everything in gaming all the time.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptySun 4 Feb 2018 - 22:57

Dunno about anyone else, but I'd be up for splitting the GNamer and GOTY awards - Forum award votes in the summer, GOTY in the Winter. There's a lot of categories to get through.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyMon 5 Feb 2018 - 5:37

My first response to that was 'no' because I'm a human being and therefore don't like change. After that, it resolved to 'hmm...' I wonder whether it would make the awards feel like less of an event? But maybe it wouldn't? Eh? Something definitely does need to be done about the multiplat awards, at least, and I don't know what that is.

masofdas wrote:
I've had a look at GRcade, I don't think I will go over for anything as it does look like a general gaming forum, compared to us where I feel and Balla may disagree with me, that we are a Nintendo centric forum that Nintendo will always have the strongest presence with threads which shows with the awards but to me when it comes to taglines and whats happening in gaming we will talk about it not just Nintendo, where GRcade will be everything in gaming all the time.

I think we actually agree for the most part (bar taglines). I'm certainly not interested in heading over to GRcade - my gaming tastes mean that I need that Nintendo focus.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyMon 5 Feb 2018 - 9:38

I brought up taglines as we recently talked about them in that thread and Jas was bang on about them and should be the way forward if their is a theme like movies for instance.

Yeah not sure what you do with the gaming awards, as the nontendo exclusives weren't great (not the games they are) doesn't look like many voted in them (people may have not voted in the others as well don't know yet), only thing I can think off with the recent thoughts on 3DS maybe it's should just be a Nintendo vote and Nontendo vote going forward.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyTue 6 Feb 2018 - 19:23

We have anticipated your suggestions thanks to our All-Seeing Admin Eye of Clairvoyance and we have made plans accordingly. Standby, forumites, standby...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyThu 22 Feb 2018 - 22:19

Some would have seen it but just letting everyone know I've renewed to 2020, Gintendo.co.uk which goes straight to the site and GNamer.co.uk which doesn't go to the site proper still but it's nice to own (I think Stu has to do something to get it to work).

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Mar 2018 - 10:28

When you Google the forum, or link to it through Twitter, it comes up with, 'We love video games! Apart from Aero Gauge.' Which I think I came up with as a joke funny to the three people who read N64 Magazine back in the day. It not being back in the day any more, does anyone have a substitute? Something on a Nintendo machine that's been entertainingly slammed of late, by e.g. yer man Scullion?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Mar 2018 - 11:26

Nah, keep that - it reminds me of the start of the forum, of N64 Magazine, and of how bollocks Aero Gauge was. ✌️
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptySat 3 Mar 2018 - 11:34

I'm with the kid. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptySun 4 Mar 2018 - 9:38

Fair enough!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 17:55

Yeah, I'd like to keep that tie to our heritage. Smile

However, if anyone has another suggestion for our search index blurb and there's enough interest in changing it up, then fire a PM away. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 18:17

No need to PM it, this should be in the public domain: Konami is love; Konami is life Cool
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 18:28

...time to think up a new April Fools joke, then. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 18:47

KNamer - the future is now. Winky Face

The one thing I can 'seriously' suggest that would be true to our heritage would be changing that duff game through other ones they slammed back in the day. 'We love videogames/video games! Apart from Mortal Kombat Mythologies.' 'We love videogames/video games! Apart from Cheggers Party Quiz.' And so on.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 19:33

Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero was the tits on PS1.

The funny thing is if KNamer is the joke, some of my fav games are from Konami and I'll just talk about:

Metal Gear Solid 1-5 plus a few others in the series
Silent Hil 1-4
Zone of the Enders
Castlevania: Bloodlines/The New Generation, Symphony of the Night, Chronicles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist, It's better then Turtles in Time
Rocket Knight 1 & 2
Boktai, Lunar Knights
Pop'n TwinBee, Parodius
PES on which is best, it's clearly 5 on OG Xbox

All day
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 EmptyMon 5 Mar 2018 - 20:11

masofdas wrote:
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero was the tits on PS1.

That's this forum's history you're toying with... (Second-to-last one.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum suggestions
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next