We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)

Go down 
+7
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Buskalilly
Balladeer
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 1:46

masofdas wrote:
Would you be happy about that they just call it Mario Kart 9, Spla2on and SMASH: Rumble then when you get home and play you find-out its the same game but just some more tracks/maps and not lot else.

Surely its better Nintendo be clear and go this is a Directors Cut or whatever they want to call it and then in 2-3 years time we get a proper Mario Kart 9.

No, but Im pretty confident that Nintendo wouldnt do something like that part in bold and with previews etc Id be able to see the difference myself. So, if they are clear about it which is likely and it is a DC then I need to know more before deciding if I wanted it or not.

Also I probably shouldnt have said "just slap a 9 on it" and just said give me a sequel, which isnt impossible since when the Switch arrives it'll be nearly 3 years since MK8 launched. (The same gap they had between MK7 & 8 )
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 10:54

It isn't impossible but I don't think it will happen.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 11:15

The_Jaster wrote:

Also I probably shouldnt have said "just slap a 9 on it" and just said give me a sequel, which isnt impossible since when the Switch arrives it'll be nearly 3 years since MK8 launched. (The same gap they had between MK7 & 8 )

That's a good point, MK8 was so timeless it feels like it's been out forever and not long at all. Weird.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 11:41

Muss wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

That's a good point, MK8 was so timeless it feels like it's been out forever and not long at all. Weird.

I think a big part of that is how well they timed the dlc and even the choice to split it into two parts where most devs would have threw it all out at the same time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 11:52

I think I asked this before but lets say all the rumours are true and we do get MK8+, Splatoon+, SMASH for Switch, Super Mario Maker for Switch, Rayman Legends along with the confirmed Cube Life: Island Survival, Just Dance 2017, LEGO City Undercover and Zelda: BotW.

Which are all are or will be playable in the case of Zelda on Wii U and if you wanted to you could even bring up Skyrim, Stardew Valley and Pokemon Stars.

What's thoughts on that lot Jas being not much of a fan of the remaster? As that is a solid bunch of games for the first year of a system and I reckon I would buy 6 of them myself.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:16

Really depends on the individual title tbh. If they were literally all just ports that ran at a higher resolution or framerate then I wouldn't be very impressed, but I don't think Nintendo are going to do that. The portiest they'll get is to still add a bunch of extra, almost certainly well designed, bits and bobs which for certain games would be enough for me. Mario Kart and Splatoon are as much about playing with others as they are the base line level of content on disc.

I don't really think about remasters, never bought one. I'm glad they exist though because they give people a chance to play games they've missed and why shouldn't games be archived in the same way that DVDs-Blu-Rays are? (although game archival is weird because, unless you are George Lucas films don't tend to be patched, comics on the other hand are often re-told or re-imagined so Confused )

On the other hand, what is FIFA 17 if not a remaster of FIFA 16? It depends on the genre of game and how much effort has gone in as to whether I'll buy a remaster.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:25

Yeah in the case of Wii U stuff to Switch this will give loads the opportunity to play some these games and some like Maker to me feels like Nintendo's Minecraft where it will just appear on everything due to on going creation aspect and what you said about the multiplayer ones, is the reason I own Overwatch as a Digital game as they feel more of a service.

I don't believe you've never bought a remaster Muss as their thousands of them dating back to the SNES (maybe earlier but the first I can think of is Super Mario All-Stars).

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:26

There'd only be 2 for me which are: BotW & Lego City.

Quote :
MK8+, Splatoon+, SMASH for Switch.

These 3 here would need significant changes to them for me to consider them as I'd prefer new experiences to go with my new system, though if enough of us were playing the MP regularly my arm could be twisted.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:30

Oh that's true I hadn't thought about Virtual Console stuff.... Pokemon Red, and Pokemon Soul Silver. That's it, and Drunka bought that me the former. Thumbs Up!  

I had some 5 games in 1 types back on the Gameboy as well but couldn't tell you if at one stage those games were their own thing.

I'm also not including anything that came as part of PSN games of the month such as Day of the Tentacle, although that was a belter.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:31

I reckon Kart will have the most new content and SMASH will have the least with Splatoon somewhere in the middle but won't we all own that when it comes with are Switches.

@Muss just find it a little surprising that's all and VC games aren't what I call remaster more of the DVD/Blu Ray type deal you bring up just continuing to keep them alive for a new generation.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:37

Just different tastes probably. I tend to get the games I want, and I probably want fewer games than most. When I'm done with those I don't normally really want to go back. Also I play on PC on the reg, and so console generations haven't affected me as much as others.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:41

Same here just thought it might of been the case of like when Drunka got a Xbox One he got MCC or Balla getting Team Ico HD for PS3, that maybe when you got your PS4 you got TLoU as you didn't have PS3 (I know if you had a PS3 or not) for example.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 12:57

Until the Wii came out, I'd always had the Sony home console a cuppa years after it came out, and that saw me through single player needs. I did get a PS3 before the Wii but the Wii was a family investment not a personal one, it wasn't really mine. I only got a Wii U because they had a good deal on at Insane Games and I had disposable income at the time, otherwise I'd have stayed on the PS4 only wagon. Much of the way I enjoy Nintendo home consoles has been more about the social experience than the single, but Nintendo have always been my handheld guardians.

So yeah, had The Last of Us on PS3 and didn't feel the need to pay more to go through it again with prettier visuals. In terms of Xbox games, most of their "exclusives" end up on PC anyway so I've never felt like I missed out on those.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jan 2017 - 13:07

Fair enough and now all the Xbox exclusives will be on PC.

You did however forget to talk about a game company so good they let the others now fight it out as they know they could demolish them all SEGA.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 18:26

Double Post

I was thinking last night the reveal of the Switch proper is this month and launches in March which is 2 months away, that is a quick turn around from showing to coming out. I know I was a Pro-2016 release person and I was saying show at E3 then bring out November also being at E3 all the other companies can also talk about what they're bringing to the Switch.

Now I'm thinking we will suddenly get loads announcements of games for the Switch but also what if you look at the Wii U, PS4, Xbox One launch all were in the holiday period had at least 9 months to build on the announcement for the system and likes of Activision can go COD is also coming to ONE4U as well this November.

The Switch is March, the games we know that are already coming that month are either exclusives on other systems or aren't coming to the Switch of course the likes of Sonic Mania could do but this seems a bit of case of the SEGA Saturn but with more thought.

We've seen the rumours of the launch line-up and some games beyond and even though it looks great, I would sort of liked to see more then what we know and games in various genres but saying COD: IW is coming to it for arguments sake doesn't get me excited one bit.

On the Wii U it did as it was almost day and day with PS3 that I was getting the new COD on my new system same goes for the PS4, I liked the launch line up as most of the games I got on launch I would normally get in November anyway and I'm not sure having COD, FIFA, Watch Dogs 2 on Switch will really do anything for me.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:25

Obviously, gotta wait and see what Nintendo announce in the coming weeks, but their home console is in a bit of a funny place. Not many are going to be buying it for third party support, it's Nintendo games that people are after and a system that does something different. I'd also fancy that most people who are into viddy games have their current-gen console by now, and those who don't are likely youngsters.

But without third party support there'll be a load of waah online from people proclaiming the death of Nintendo. A lack of third party support really did hurt the old Wii U, but with the exception of Ubisoft I don't think many publishers really tried - and Nintendo's marketing was atrocious so I can't really blame companies like EA as much as I'd like to.

This time around though I think most people have been impressed by what Nintendo have communicated, and I imagine that'll help get big publishers on board. The amount of buzz that Skyrim footage generated, be it from a Switch or rendered, should at least be enough for Besthesda to take it seriously, unless they hate money. But it's the Nintendo magic and portability that has me really interested in this machine. I want to play new Mario Kart NOW.

I do think there's some pressure on this console to sell well early, to keep the big third parties interested. At the same time though, like the 3ds, I feel like the Switch is in a much better place to weather a dodgey launch because it looks like a really nifty bit of kit that actually does things people want and understand.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:31

I think it will get 3rd party games on par with 3DS which would be a lot of exclusives and that's what I care about as you say I have my PS4 where I will play FIFA, COD, PES etc

But at launch I do like having variety of games and genres which March seems a weird time to get them but then the N64 only had what two games at launch.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:35

At the end of the day, you pay your money and make your choice. It's a game of two halves. The Wii U might not have been a winner, but Nintendo are a good team and they did their best. I think they'll be successful if they can achieve the objectives they set out to. Swings and roundabouts, really, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 19:43

If I think I get what your saying yeah it is and after launch I doubt I will buy 3rd party which is the whole no one's buying them and support stops.

At launch though I want plenty of games on day one but also not a port of COD from 5 months ago.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 15:23

I think ye might be over thinking it just a tad, the ps4 and XO didnt exactly have the best launch titles yet they've turned out fine. If it launches with just Zelda & Mario Kart it'd be off to a flyer in my book.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 15:41

I no they didn't but like I said the likes of COD, FIFA which were PS4/ONE launch titles came out in November around the same time they were coming out anyway.

Like I said I was buying a new console and I got these new games for it which I was going to get anyway on PS3 if I didn't get a PS4 but still had titles to play.

The Switch much like the Wii will be mainly for Zelda which like the COD, FIFA I would get nay way and I have it on my new shiny console as well. I would like in March other new games for it from more then just Nintendo.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 16:12

So, you are scared there wont be anything new from 3rd parties?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 16:40

Yes and no as what we know these games are coming in March that are 3rd party
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands, I would likely buy on Switch as it would cover the shooter genre
Star Trek: Bridge Crew, If Switch VR is true then why not
Styx: Shards of Darkness, No thoughts on this
Mass Effect: Andromeda, Not coming to Switch
Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey, I would be all over this on Switch
Troll and I, No idea what this is
Outcast: Second Contact, Not fussed
Overload, No idea what this is

How many of those will come the same time as the PS4ONE, if that's to say if they're coming as I what new games and not FIFA 17 six mnths after it came out elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 17:13

Who can say? You play the hand you're dealt, you win some and you lose some. It is what it is at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Jan 2017 - 17:16

Yep and like I said the N64 launched with two games but one was SM64 and the Wii had almost all exclusives due to its unique nature that we could be in the same boat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)   Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Switch-Related Thoughts and Stuff (No News Here)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next