We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 20:47

Drunkalilly wrote:
I love seeing dogs playing on human toys. See also: skateboards.

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 Latest?cb=20071211215228

Balladeer wrote:
To move the conversation sideways, and touch on what OR brought up: is anyone excited for Hyrule Warriors Switch?

If I had I been in the position to play it on Wii U, I'd have likely skipped the 3DS version and thus the Switch version would have interested me as a definitive version. As I've only played the 3DS version, I'm still interested in the Switch version to play it in shiny graphics and with a somewhat smoother framerate. So, whilst excited maybe isn't the word, interested would be applicable.

The_Jaster wrote:

Great news! Ikaruga is coming to Switch on May 29th Very Happy

Bad news! It's being published by Nicalis. Duh!

I must be in a real Simpsons mood but...

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 Maxresdefault
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 20:51

Ah, that does seem like good news!  May's looking better already. What's wrong with Nicalis?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 20:59

Nicalis are fine if you live anywhere but Europe. Most of their games have been incredibly delayed over here for whatever reason.

A case in point - Binding of Isaac launched on Switch in North America in March 2017. We got it in September 2017.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:03

...blast. So what, May 29th in the States, May 29th 2019 in Europe?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyTue 1 May 2018 - 21:06

Balladeer wrote:
Ah, that does seem like good news!  May's looking better already.  What's wrong with Nicalis?

They do not have an EU office apparently so plenty of games they have published either slip through the cracks or take several months/years to come out over here, the most recent example I can think of is Binding of Isaac which launched on Switch in the US in March but EU got it in September.

So, basically take that release date with a massive bag of salt because it will slip on our side of the pond.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 12:09

Balladeer wrote:
To move the conversation sideways, and touch on what OR brought up: is anyone excited for Hyrule Warriors Switch? Genuine question, I'm not being snarky! It just seems like an odd release to me, since they brought it out not only on the Wii U in recent times, but also on the 3DS. That seems like overkill to me... but perhaps people didn't pick up the 3DS release? (Because it apparently ran like Epona dung on the non-New models.))

It'll be my third time buying the game and I am excited B)
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 12:30

I don't get what the big deal is, the Switch is region free (hence how we can play 600 games on a Switch now), we can all just download from the USA store. I don't know if you've seen but Drunka posted about making an Australian account as I got him a code for a game, and the publisher was asking what region I wanted and I said any hence why we got one for Oz and they said I was the first to say that and that I'd be shocked how many people forget that systems are region free.

That they've had people ask for a code for let's say Europe then get a reply saying Oz is available and then the person asking turn it down.

On Hyrule Warriors as one it's Zelda and I own over games in the series including the bad ones and the 3DS version even on New 3DS ran like soup that I want to play the Linkle stuff and any other things added to that version but if nothing was added like I say I would get anyway for the collection.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 12:59

Different regional release schedules are still a pretty big deal. Sure, you know how to buy from other regions but how many regular consumers do? It's a significantly smaller barrier to entry to just look up a youtube video that teaches you how to access a different regional store compared to the days of yore, but even so the mild hassle of changing regions on the Switch is genuinely still enough for me to not bother unless I really want a game.

I guess there's an argument to be made that it could save you money to buy from other regions, but games are too much of a luxury for me to buy at pretty much any price at the moment.

---------------------------------------------

I'm happy to see Hyrule Warriors make its way onto the Switch as I didn't catch it on the Wii U and didn't fancy the 3DS version at all. It's up there in my second tier of games I want but can't afford, beaten only by the likes of Mario Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 13:06

Yeah I don't think Tiny Tim would put I do think most on a Nintendo-centred forum and reviewers would know that's a thing. You're also right you can get games cheaper on other regions if you shop around that nearly all my eShop titles are from the American store.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 19:00

Coloured me surprised at the HW interest (it does seem like only the one man is excited), but fair enough! Sounds like it's another grand porting decision from yer lads at Nintendo.

Re. the regional thing, I'd like a physical version without the hassle if that's a possibility, and I haven't set up regional eShop accounts yet. As Muss says, seems like a bit of a hassle, albeit less than it might have been in the past.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 19:23

Yeh, I only have the Japanese account which was for MHXX and nothing else & I imagine adding funds to other region accounts might be more work than just putting in your bank details as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 0:00

Aye, I had to buy a Japanese eShop card in order to download MHXX - not sure how easy it'd be with other regions, like Jas was saying.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 10:23

Basically the same it's one of the easiest things in the world to do.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 15:23

Still a few extra steps innit? As say I am randomly looking on an another regions eShop and see something I like rather than just putting in my details and starting the download immediately I have to go to another site buy the eShop credit, get the code from my email, redeem the code on eShop then start the download.

True, this isn't hard as you said but it isn't instant or convenient either.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 15:44

Sure, personally I've never seen it as an issue and I've been doing it since the PS3 and it's cheaper most of the time.

And in the case of Ikaruga, it's likely spend 5 extra minutes getting from the USA eShop then you would normally but get in May or waiting 6 months for it to come to EU eShop or import physical version or wait for well never maybe looking at Cave Story.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 20:38

That's why we're moaning about it being with Nicalis, n'est-ce que c'est pas? Winky Face

Still, better to have it coming at all. Makes May look a bit less (is jumped on by Gracklers before finishing sentence)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyTue 8 May 2018 - 5:15

So, early this morning Nintendo of America announced more details about the Switch online service.

http://www.godisageek.com/2018/05/nintendo-switch-online-service-detailed-cloud-saves-nes-games-special-offers/

-----

I'm quite happy with it tbh & even though I don't have many games I am playing online regularly on Switch the NES games and the cloud saves make it more than worth it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyTue 8 May 2018 - 5:22

I'm on ARMS/i] and [i]SPla2n all the time, so I'd happily pony up just for the online. A Netflix of NES games with added online as well? Baller! Hopefully we'll see that added to over time until it's basically a full Virtual Console.

Cloud Saving is cool as well. I'm sure people will complain that it's not available for free.

Overall, this is bloody good. Top job, Ninty!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyTue 8 May 2018 - 5:26

Aye they mentioned they will add to the NES game regularly, also don't you need ps plus to get cloud saves too?

EDIT: I also look forward to wrecking you all online at balloon fight. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyTue 8 May 2018 - 5:40

Yeah you need Gold and Plus for cloud saves, MS is brilliant as I've used often not at as sure about Sony's as often I get errors and when I got a Pro, I just did a system transfer not rely on cloud saves.

That is the big thing for me on Switch though, NES games is cool with added online components for some, just leaves the question about VC going forward as in will it be like Game Pass but tied to the Online.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 EmptyTue 8 May 2018 - 5:53

I'm a bit more wary than many of you concerning what I'll get out of the online service - given that I don't care for retro games much, and we've seen those all before several times, and Nintendo hasn't managed to give us anything approaching a 'complete' VC over its previous online generations - but that, due to the impending 1K postcount, is a subject for another thread! Feel free to make one. May I suggest 'Switching to a New Chat Thread' as the title?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 40 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 40 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40