We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)

Go down 
+7
Athrun888
Muss
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyMon 27 Mar 2017 - 12:56

Great news! Treehouse ain't defiling the game!

Granted 8-4 don't have the best record themselves, but their worst is still not on the level Fates and its so-bad-it-inflicts-brain-damage localisation! At least this time we won't have entire support conversations changed from character building chats to glowering silence based ellipses because they think it'll be funny.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 May 2017 - 19:10

Why Nintendo Why?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 18:32

Because more is better right? How was the DLC in the last 2 games?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 18:37

I was never a fan, but it was certainly costly for the whole lot and didn't have a season pass, so not surprised by it or its cost.

To me the dlc is flawed by permadeath meaning I wouldn't want to risk characters on it, so it only works if you want to play with that off...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 20:49

Honestly if I was to describe the DLC from the last two games in a word, that word would be: irrelevant. Most of it was just extra fluff like the ability to grind out gold exp and unique (read: overpowered) class seals.

There were a few actual story expansions, although I never felt the need to bother with Awakening's set in the bad future, and the story in Fates was so awful no amount of dlc plot expansions could have either salvaged it or been worth wasting time and money on.

Still I get why they do it, the games are still pretty niche, and Valentia being a remake that does away with a lot of the mass appeal (aka pandering) of the last two, so any extra profit they can generate is probably a good thing. Either way I'm unfazed by the news that seems to have people up in arms all over the place, there's a lot of looking at the price of the dlc without looking at the actual content going on in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 21:12

Athrun888 wrote:
looking at the price of the dlc without looking at the actual content going on in my opinion.

I sort of did that as Nintendo to me has set a precedent of what you get with their DLC just looking ta stuff you got in Mario Kart 8, Hyrule Warriors, Breath of the Wild.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptySat 6 May 2017 - 21:17

Looking at that list, none of it is must-have. The grinding maps of past Fire Emblem games were nice to have on higher difficulties, but that was about it. It's not worth the money in my eyes, at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 19:03

The God Is A Geek review of the game. They seem to like it - can Fire Emblem do no wrong?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyTue 16 May 2017 - 23:06

I cancelled mine like 2 days ago due to various reason, with one being what has sort of been said already, it's a urghh 3DS game and am I going to play it as I've got a boat load of PS4 games still to play including RPGs along with stuff on Switch & VITA.

If it was on Switch then I would likely got it though, I may get the amiibo as I've got the rest. If it comes payday and I don't think much of games coming out in June then I may give this a bash.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 May 2017 - 6:13

I really don't understand your issue there Mas, it's not even like the 3DS is a console you have to set up and plug into the tv, you just need to charge it here and there... I'm sure it'll be much better than any RPG you have to play on the Vita/Switch...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 May 2017 - 10:00

I'm not the only one to say similar though Andy, you just need to look at games of May thread. I'm just done with the 3DS it like many a console may still get a quality game that I'll just miss eg God of War 2 for PS2, Yakuza 5 for PS3.

It's impossible to play everything on everything, no matter the quality.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 May 2017 - 11:25

Both of those are on home consoles though, there's a big issue around home consoles in that they take some setting up as it's unlikely you have the slots in the tv/plug sockets to have it constantly ready to go. 3DS you just pick up.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 May 2017 - 11:43

Well if June sucks for games and I've caught up with my backlog a bit (Finishing Persona 5 will be a big help for this) then I may get it (More likely to get Injustice 2 though as not a genre I've played for awhile) but for now my New 3DS XL is sat on the side along with my DS Lite and GBA SP along with a other Zelda bits just looking nice.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 May 2017 - 15:40

I'm jonesing for something substantial to play right now so this might end up seeing a look. The fact that it's reviewing positively helped matters, natch.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 21:02

And it did indeed see a look!

So far... so good! I like the characters a damn sight more already than the lot in Fates or Awakening and I'm enjoying how different it feels to the norm in Fire Emblem.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:05

I'm really enjoying this myself. I like the class change system, not having to worry about seals/worrying that I might be classing up too soon is helping me form a mighty squad. Saber is an absolute beast!

I am finding the difficulty a little too varied though. There are some pretty insane powers in that game that are pretty tough to defend against, so I feel I'm being cheated rather than defeated in a legitimate way sometimes. Also missing being able to have a couple of weapons, especially for characters that can use 2, one is just crap!

Also enjoying the "town" sections more than I expected. Nice to have a chat and pick up a few silly side quests. Did leave me archerless for most of Alms route (so far, not sure how much I have left, but assuming not LOADS) as I must've missed talking to Python again...

On a side note, played a bit of Heroes today, that game feels incredibly weird when played alongside a proper one, I can't move anywhere!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 May 2017 - 22:11

One gripe - bearing in mind I'm early doors still, so you might be able to give a better impression Andy - is that the maps seem a bit dull so far. Lots of empty space without much terrain to use to your advantage, which is a bit shit, all told!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 7:05

You're pretty bang on there, they also get reused a little too much. Then you get the map I'm currently on where the terrain gives the enemy the advantage and now a whole lot else...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 12:06

I was going to pick this up with my recent paycheck tomorrow but after all the "omg this is so much better than waifu emblem!!11!!1" going on everywhere I look on the 'net I think I'm actually going to skip on this for now.  What I've heard that wasn't just fanboying sounds like it's got that good old Awakening flaw going on where most maps end up feeling the same, and its removal of the weapon triangle without any sort of replacement sounds like a major dumbing down of strategy and a massive come-down after Fates which upped the ante by adding in a second triangle.  

Right now if I play it I suspect it'll get Final Fantasy VII'd.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 16:37

To be fair, stripping back to the old style of Fire Emblem characterisation is a welcome change. I hate the whole romance/child units aspect of Fire Emblem.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 May 2017 - 18:48

Yeah, but it isn't 4K, so what's the point?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 May 2017 - 3:05

The child system was actually slightly fun in Awakening, maxing out a kids potential required a bit of planning and strategy, plus they tied it to the story well enough.  Fates was where they took the piss, especially with how there were practically no recruits that weren't royals, connected to the royals, or children.

And of course in he biggest plot twist of the century, bigger than anything Sanderson ever wrote, I walk in to an EB games, and I walk out with a game.
Spoiler:

And this people is why I never boycott things.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 May 2017 - 21:26

♫ You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave ♫
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptySat 27 May 2017 - 14:56

Kliff is so great.  Great personality, and he's absolutely slaughtering everything as a merc using the Levin sword.

Also can we talk how ridiculous it is they gave you the Levin Sword with 15 might so early in the game?  Kliff's just running around destroying everything right now with the thing!

So, first impressions: story and cast are so much better than Awakening and especially fates that it's almost funny.  Maps aren't as good though which is a shame, but so far forgivable due to the game's incredibly slick presentation.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 EmptyMon 29 May 2017 - 12:20

HOLY CRUD THE MUSIC IN THIS GAME IS AMAZINGBALLS!!!

Story's pretty good so far too, villains with actual good writing and motivation? What bizarreness is this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)   Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia - Where is Marth? (Marth marth marth marth)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next