We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!

Go down 
+13
JayMoyles
masofdas
shanks
Raxicori
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Muss
gjones
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 15:09

I said elsewhere that I prefer the download option due to the SD Card costing less in the long run and if it keeps game prices closer to the other systems.

The other solution is we know likes of Square, Capcom, Namco are making exclusive games for the Switch. When you do that they will know the limitations of the system like with the 3DS or VITA which have unique experiences.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 15:30

With all that said I'll still be picking the game up at the end of the month just not looking forward to that install as my internet can be really shitty at times when downloading stuff.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 17:13

I feel that pain, Jas - my Internet connection took four days to download Sonic Lost World, if I remember rightly. I'm happy we're dealing with carts as the costs could come down over time as better production processes or chips emerge. A disc is a disc is a disc, though... and the Switch would also lose more of that immediacy if games were being launched from disc.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 17:33

Balladeer wrote:
Zero et al., that there's (a reason) why I have no interest in it.  Chuffing ridiculous, it is.  Cartridge games should be on the cartridge!

Athrun888 wrote:
Also that is some mighty visually striking cover art right there.

In a 'Balla disagrees with a GNamerian's view on visuals' shocker, I much prefer the Pratchett's cover.  It's the visual equivalent of 'words everywhere'.  The tome just has a generic threatening-looking person.

Ah, but therein lies the beauty of Oathbringers cover.  Its simple nature, its great use of blacks and greys and reds, and despite how minimalistic its actual going-ons are it still manages to have a vast amount of foreshadowing and symbolism of the actual contents of the story.  While true that the concept of "lone person standing" can be a fairly generic one I find it has a certain appeal when done right.  

In comparison the US cover art is more "typical" (although still pretty good), and also a tad more spoilerific due to the more literal nature of what it's depicting (although to be fair I'd've probably already guessed the spoiler in question based on details in the Edgedancer novella anyway).

Spoiler:

As for its compare to the other books covers, I'll be honest here and tell you that a books blurb holds more weight in whether I'll give it a read than any cover ever will.  That said I'd actually be less likely to pick up the Discworld novel due to the chaos making it harder to get a "feel" of the novel and story.  Plus I'm a sucker for simple cover art.  

But hey, that's why most big name authors nowadays have multiple editions, so no matter one's taste on the visual front there's a cover for everyone!

As for cart's vs SD cards, I'm fine with either honestly as long as the price reflects the goods in question.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyThu 16 Nov 2017 - 18:57

Athrun888 wrote:
As for its compare to the other books covers, I'll be honest here and tell you that a books blurb holds more weight in whether I'll give it a read than any cover ever will.

As it should do!

Athrun888 wrote:
That said I'd actually be less likely to pick up the Discworld novel due to the chaos making it harder to get a "feel" of the novel and story. Plus I'm a sucker for simple cover art.

You and most people, unfortunately (for me). That's why the spartan Switch interface is favoured, despite looking dull compared to the Wii U's plaza. That's (a reason) why ONM sold better than NGamer. I'll take 'rammed with content' over 'well laid out' myself, but it is of course personal taste.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyFri 17 Nov 2017 - 11:06

ZeroJones wrote:
I feel that pain, Jas - my Internet connection took four days to download Sonic Lost World, if I remember rightly. I'm happy we're dealing with carts as the costs could come down over time as better production processes or chips emerge. A disc is a disc is a disc, though... and the Switch would also lose more of that immediacy if games were being launched from disc.

Oooft! Never had anything that bad before but yeah a connection being slowed for whatever reason when it's supposed to be unlimited is never fun.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyFri 17 Nov 2017 - 18:20

More games, I think I've now got 15 physical Switch games with XenoGear.Club 2 still to come this year.
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 DO2cw9MWkAAHIef

Also I didn't take a pic but the Switch section in GAME was the biggest Nintendo selection I've seen in year, shame everything was £55million pounds.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySat 18 Nov 2017 - 22:07

This first one is cheating because it wasn't yesterday. Loud and significant apologies for that. Embarrassed However, I did want to record the fact that after LA Noire I bought another violent piece of software with a large download.

Spoiler:

Genuinely yesterday (yay!) I got hold of this:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySat 25 Nov 2017 - 22:39

From a French company who have done a few of these anthology books in line with events such as 20th anniversary of the PlayStation. They kickstarted translations of this and a N64 version, with a Neo Geo version upcoming.
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 DPgoTMdWsAAX8va

If I could read French or they where planning to translated it then I want this one:
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 Yu-suzuki-le-maitre-de-sega-de-l-arcade-a-shenmue
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 9:34

"From the arcade to the Shenmue revolution
The Master of SEGA"

(I see what they did there! Winky Face )

Please do not consider this an offer to translate the whole book for you. Pale
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 19:46

I just purchased a ticket to travel, via aeroplane, from London Heathrow to Tokyo Narito at the end of January next year.
I've been having one solid panic attack since I got my visa. Its real!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 19:49

I didn't buy them, but congrats to Drunka! It's going to be the adventure of a lifetime, and I really hope you enjoy every single second. Grin

I did buy this:

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 MHvSytrGEDySeAvGqEN9aSQ

A Paper Mario canvas. There's some sort of gag there... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 20:40

Drunkalilly wrote:
I just purchased a ticket to travel, via aeroplane, from London Heathrow to Tokyo Narito at the end of January next year.
I've been having one solid panic attack since I got my visa. Its real!

Dope! You getting the train in from Narita to Ueno? I remember doing that trip in 2006 and it's completely surreal.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySun 26 Nov 2017 - 21:03

Yep! Planning to spend a week or so in Akihabara initially, but my plane gets in at 11pm local time so I might treat myself to a night in an airport hotel first off.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyFri 1 Dec 2017 - 19:29

Got me a collectors edition of Xenoblade 2
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 DP-7h85X0AI-9bP
not in the picture but also got The Hobbit and Simpsons Road Rage on Cube, Gear Club on Switch and Taylor Swifts new album on CD
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyFri 1 Dec 2017 - 19:55

Xenoblade: Oooh, that's a pretty case!
Simpsons Road Rage: Fun game.
Gear Club: You'll have to let us know how it is.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyFri 1 Dec 2017 - 20:12

That's just the big box it comes in and it's a big box due to the 220 page artbook, the actual steel case is lovely though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySat 2 Dec 2017 - 8:23

Yesterday this arrived:

Spoiler:

So I said to Jo that she could play it whilst I got through Pokémon Ultra Moon. And now she's addicted. Shocked She ran her 3DS's power down, twice.

I hope there are two save slots... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySat 2 Dec 2017 - 9:55

At least her 3DS went out in style.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySun 10 Dec 2017 - 11:49

Got a phone upgrade and I got the
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 Google-pixel2-features-au__02
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySun 10 Dec 2017 - 11:54

You'll have to let us know what it's like, mas - the constant ads for it on the old tellervision are tempting me towards it for my next upgrade (due end of February). Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptySun 10 Dec 2017 - 12:09

My upgrade was due but to be honest I wasn't that fussed about getting a new phone, and all the droids are sort of the same with the Pixel 2 for instance being Google should run the best with the OS which should bang up-to-date all the time and has one of the best cams around.

The S8, is like the iPhone of droids that it now boring as f%k and does everything well but no real standout feature, Xperia Premium which did tempt me as it has a 4K HDR screen (I'm all about that) but everything else is a bit pants on it compared the rest, the only other one was the Razer with its 8GB of RAM and all the POWER! but I don't really play mobile games and everything else was even more pants then the Sony.

So what I do with a phone which is tweet a lot and surf the net and take pictures for what I bought threads, then Pixel 2 was the best for that.

Also came with a free generic VR headset (due to the wait) and a Google Mini, with both going on eBay along with my old Sony.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 11:29

The mention of upgrading a phone makes me laugh at myself a little.  Here other people are considering getting "da latest thang" and I've only just gone from a three+ year old Samsung J1 to a new Samsung A5.  At the front of technology I ain't!

These arrived in the mail today.  The general cult love for the one on the right wore me down and the pleasant memories of the predecessor of the one on the left coupled with marked improvements over loot drops (no more "we heard you liek RNG so we included RNG to determine your ability to RNG" nonsense on whether missions where you complete extra requirements get the extra add-ons) lured me to make a purchase.  

Also speaking of phones why oh why is the photo I take with said phone better than my dedicated camera?  Barely even had to fiddle with image settings to make it presentable.

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 Loot_t10
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 13:11

Athrun wrote:

The mention of upgrading a phone makes me laugh at myself a little. Here other people are considering getting "da latest thang" and I've only just gone from a three+ year old Samsung J1 to a new Samsung A5. At the front of technology I ain't!

Yeah my phone (basically just for emergencies) still has buttons so I'm with you there, I actually went without one for a couple of years too & it was always funny to see how glued folk are to them, world literally passing them by when travelling on a train or using them to record at a gig/show when I'm just sitting there taking it in with my actual eyes. Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 EmptyMon 18 Dec 2017 - 17:18

I use my phone all the time mainly for things like Twitter and even eBay as it's so easy just to take the picture with the phone and go through the app.

I've picked up a few things since the pixel 2 and xeno 2.

Hello Neighbour on Xbox One, I'm yet to play

PUBG on Xbox One, I normally don't talk about digital buys but I went for physical version which is a lot like the Pokemon games this year on VC that got boxes that it's a digital code in a box but does have a poster of the map.

Okami HD on PS4, yet to play on PS4

Geist on Cube, not played for years but nice to have back in the collection

Zoo Tycoon on Xbox One, was in GAMEs sale and as it's something different and I can't remember last time I played game like it, it thought I'd give it a go.

The biggest thing is one of these
Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 8f4a9b96-5066-4032-b5f2-0e9fabcec71f.jpg?n=Elite-Controller-MWF_Feature-0_All-Parts_1040x585

It was £85 which is really pricey but still £35 less then RRP, it feels so nice as I've never liked the Xbox One controller as I seem to scratch my fingers using the triggers, where on this it's rounded and the controller seems to have bit more weight to it and buttons + triggers do seem to be better made.

I've not used any of the flaps or other d-pad yet but could see them coming in use for a racing game or a fighter.

Did get a play and charge kit as well as even at £119.99 the RRP of the elite, it doesn't come with one which is my biggest annoyance even more so then scratching my fingers is needing extras with any Xbox controller.

Lot of Xbox One stuff, I feel like I'm having what a lot of people are having with the Switch. Great hardware (Not got a X as of yet) and games as in my case Hello Neighbour and PUBG, I want to play which has gotten me back in along with great services like Game Pass.

And looking at Wii U to Switch, I think the same applies great hardware and great games will get people in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!   Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3! - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yesterday I Bought (a bad pun) for 3!
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next